Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

I want to thank the OP for starting this thread, for everyone who offered advice on registering and the screen shot step by steps for registration!!

Never did a race before and I had no clue what I was doing! This thread helped so much!

Got my daughter and I in for the 5K!! So excited!!

I now have that post holiday lull feeling. We're all registered and that stress is done whether you got in or didn't. But for those that did, now it feels like we wait forever till race weekend. To keep my teens motivated to train, I thought we'd keep training journals/workout logs and read them when we're flying to WDW in Nov. Anyone else keep a journal when training? Aside from the obvious tracking of times, distances etc, does anyone have any interesting or funny things you keep track of or comment on in your journal to make it entertaining and funny when you look back at it? I'm hoping runDis becomes something my teens want to do a few years in a row at least until they're too cool to vacay with mom!

I‘ven enjoyed my training journal. Aside from the obvious training related things, it’s sort like a diary for me (but with public-minded entries 😆😆)

I didn’t know different sizes had the same SKU!

Different sizes have different SKUs, so when Disney limited purchases to a certain number per SKU, the resellers were still able to buy multiples of the item, just in different sizes. Kind of defeated the purpose of the purchase restrictions.

My husband and I are in for the half! It will be my first half since having kids, but I did the Enchanted 10k during Princess Weekend and loved it soooo soooo much that I was able to convince him to do a couples trip during race weekend (plus it will give us a great reason to train over the Summer!) I am very excited!!!
DH is way faster than I am, so I am thinking at some point he may get a head start and hold a spot for me for some character pictures lines - or is that frowned upon?
Either way, I am just so happy to know I will be running a Disney race again :)
Time to think about costumes now (DH definitely won't go all out but he may be open to something subtle or Disneybounding!) :)

I now have that post holiday lull feeling. We're all registered and that stress is done whether you got in or didn't. But for those that did, now it feels like we wait forever till race weekend. To keep my teens motivated to train, I thought we'd keep training journals/workout logs and read them when we're flying to WDW in Nov. Anyone else keep a journal when training? Aside from the obvious tracking of times, distances etc, does anyone have any interesting or funny things you keep track of or comment on in your journal to make it entertaining and funny when you look back at it? I'm hoping runDis becomes something my teens want to do a few years in a row at least until they're too cool to vacay with mom!
Idk about funny but I enjoyed using this journal a few years ago: https://www.believeiam.com/

DH and I are registered for the challenge. Woot! Thinking we'll be Jake and Izzy from the Neverland Pirates for the 10k. I'm struggling to come up with something that excites me for the half. Luckily we have some time. :-)

If anyone who registered today has time to check what information can be changed after the fact, I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to need to register multiple people for Marathon weekend, and I'm wondering what I can autocomplete with the wrong information and fix after the fact. Also, are you able to switch from POT to nonPOT? I really appreciate it if anyone has a minute to check for me!

I have a feeling they are going to use supply chain issues or something else to end preorders (there were none for springtime surprise either) I really don't want to play beat the ebay flippers for things
It makes no sense to me that they would do that. It's the most risk free way for them to sell merchandise. I really hope they don't stop preorders all together.

If anyone who registered today has time to check what information can be changed after the fact, I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to need to register multiple people for Marathon weekend, and I'm wondering what I can autocomplete with the wrong information and fix after the fact. Also, are you able to switch from POT to nonPOT? I really appreciate it if anyone has a minute to check for me!

It looks like to me that you can edit almost all the info except name, birthdate, sex, and email address. I could alter all the other info right now. Rundisney gives you dates after the fact that you can go back and submit POT, so I'm pretty sure it is editable until whatever day they cut that off. I think it told us a date for Wine and Dine today, but no lie, I was trying to fill and complete as quick as I could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter