Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

I had a bus driver that thought he was driving a car and went into the parking lot 🙄🙄 So I’m finally here and jumped in the Lilo line because I really want the picture and I learned my lesson yesterday about post-race pics.
I was two cars back from that bus pulling into parking lot thinking ’this one is lost’ wondering how it would end. Glad he got you there, congrats to all today, it was a fun run. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Humidity was BRUTAL this morning. Worried about my goal pace tomorrow 😵‍💫

Didn’t do any characters until the parks. Pretty much no line when I got into HWS and Epcot. Mushu was out!!!

Yup and yeah, no in-race character stops for me.

Did you guys see the Mickey line??? Yikes. Hope tomorrow's better 🤞

Humidity was BRUTAL this morning. Worried about my goal pace tomorrow 😵‍💫

Didn’t do any characters until the parks. Pretty much no line when I got into HWS and Epcot. Mushu was out!!!
Definitely warmer than I’ve been running in the last month but I do like hot. Took today easy and will still try to PR the half but if not it will be fun. I was lucky enough to have short or no lines for most characters starting in the front of A. Got Mulan Mickey and Mushu plus stopped for some nice photo ops. Happy to be enjoying a coffee at Boardwalk, showered, with a decent BG for Guardians🙂

Could someone post the web link were to enter the 11 digit raceid and 5 digit bib number? The web address I entered my 16 digits did not work

I got all characters after the race but Minnie - just not my character. Raya wasn’t bad when I jumped in (but also I finished quick). They did great with her outfit!

Hoping the race photos trickle in soon. Imma look disgusting haha.

In line for lilo will try to snap a pic of raya when she’s between guests lol not waiting
Did mushu on course probably would of done hyacinth hippo if she were located later in the course minnie & Baloo pre coral

I typically drive from the Bonnet Creek area and can confirm that Buena Vista to World Dr to EP is a breeze - just leave early. More important to leave early for the half. I generally aim to be walking out my door 15 mins after race buses start running And have never hit any traffic.

Getting out after the races is equally easy, but if you’re a fast finisher you may have a delay as they reopen roads. I’ve never encountered that because I am not fast, but I have seen cars lined up waiting to get out while I’ve still been running lol!
Incredibly easy! 5-6 minutes each way. Tomorrow looks tough though. It looks like even runDisney transportation won’t start running until 730. Im hoping to be done and at my car by 7 but the only way out would be up world drive toward MK then across Vista blvd for a while to E Buena Vista and all the way around Disney springs to avoid closures And get back to Boardwalk. Is this worth it?

Stopped at the honey stinger booth for some free fuel today and found out that they are not the on course provider! The guy at the booth thinks it's jelly belly.

I hope so ... I'm allergic to honey stingers. I was surprised when runDisney switched to on-course nutrition that contains a common allergen like honey. I hope they switched back to the Jelly Belly Sport Beans (the previous on-course offering), which are cane sugar-based and I can safely eat!

Curious to hear what characters were on the course for the 10K and how they were spread out. I was disappointed with how few there were for the 5K and that the first wasn't until Olaf in Norway. I was expecting at least one stop on the road before we got into the park, but by the time we got to him the line was all the way back to the outpost, and we started toward the front of B.

Curious to hear what characters were on the course for the 10K and how they were spread out. I was disappointed with how few there were for the 5K and that the first wasn't until Olaf in Norway. I was expecting at least one stop on the road before we got into the park, but by the time we got to him the line was all the way back to the outpost, and we started toward the front of B.
Based on fitbit timestamp
Mulan 0.87
Hyacinth Hippo 1.13
King Louie 1.85
Pluto 2.45
Mickey 2.84
Army Man 3.12
Donald 3.74
Mushu 4.33
Goofy 5.06
Chip & Dale 5.73

Planning to be at meet up today, unless ride doesn't work out. I'll be wearing palm dress with Tigger ears. :) Congrats to everyone who ran today and good luck for tomorrow!

It’s started sprinkling here at Coronado—I hope it’s dry at Beach Club!! See some of you soon!

It is sprinkling on and off.

I am at HH. Corner table. White shirt and drinking a margarita. 17yo daughter is with me in a red shirt.

ETA: I managed to grab two tables and six chairs so far 👍

We had a brief downpour as the bus was turning into AK, and I was just pulling out my poncho when it stopped. I missed the BC bus by less than 2 minutes 😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter