Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

2024? Thinking way ahead, but any predictions on the 2024 race dates? Is it always the first weekend in November? I’d like to book a cruise that week and take advantage of early booking pricing. This would be my first WDW race 😊.

2024? Thinking way ahead, but any predictions on the 2024 race dates? Is it always the first weekend in November? I’d like to book a cruise that week and take advantage of early booking pricing. This would be my first WDW race 😊.

Next year Halloween falls on a Thursday. Last time that happened was 2013, and they held W&D races on the *following* weekend, from Nov 8-10.
in 2019 the Expo was on 10/31 I remember because that year I was doing the 5K & 10K and my sister was JUST Doing the 10K so I had to pick up all the merch she wanted Thursday while she just got her bib at the expo on Friday than met up with me in the parks....

I would expect it to be 10/31-11/3 if this is the case I wish they would revisit the villain theme as they had it for the virtual in 2020 than they just reshuffled the characters for 2021 and characters on course were still physically distant and no characters at the start/finish/expo...

in 2019 the Expo was on 10/31 I remember because that year I was doing the 5K & 10K and my sister was JUST Doing the 10K so I had to pick up all the merch she wanted Thursday while she just got her bib at the expo on Friday than met up with me in the parks....

I would expect it to be 10/31-11/3 if this is the case I wish they would revisit the villain theme as they had it for the virtual in 2020 than they just reshuffled the characters for 2021 and characters on course were still physically distant and no characters at the start/finish/expo...
Not sure how I missed that 2019 was a Thurs as well. In that case I'd agree with this, since that was the more recent event. That said... that means they have done both weekends. I'd expect the earlier weekend but entirely possible they switch back.

I will skip if it’s Halloween weekend (need to spend that with my kids). When do they typically release the dates ? If they do Halloween weekend could I skip the expo and fly in for the half?

I will skip if it’s Halloween weekend (need to spend that with my kids). When do they typically release the dates ? If they do Halloween weekend could I skip the expo and fly in for the half?
Wine and dine is the first race of the season but last of the calendar year not counting the newly introduced virtual so I suspect that the calendar be released on or around the weekend

If they do Halloween weekend could I skip the expo and fly in for the half?

You only need to be present at the Expo one day prior to your first race. So if you do the half marathon as a solo event (and not the 5k/10k), then your first race will be on Sunday. That means you could go to the Expo as late as Saturday. The expo usually closes mid-afternoon on Saturdays. It is necessary to go to the Expo to pick up your bib and race merchandise. There is unadvertised emergency bib pickup the morning of the race, but this is never guaranteed and not something you should actively plan to attend.

For the post-race party at Epcot on Sunday night, do we have to purchase tickets to this? Or can we use our annual passes and we’re good?

For the post-race party at Epcot on Sunday night, do we have to purchase tickets to this? Or can we use our annual passes and we’re good?
Like PP have said it’s an extra price (think after hours or holiday party event) half & challenge have the cost of the party baked into what they pay to register but additional tickets for friends/family/runners of the shorter distances that wish to participate and overall general non running public who want to take advantage of any rare characters are made available on their own

Like PP have said it’s an extra price (think after hours or holiday party event) half & challenge have the cost of the party baked into what they pay to register but additional tickets for friends/family/runners of the shorter distances that wish to participate and overall general non running public who want to take advantage of any rare characters are made available on their own
Ok so just to clarify, I’m doing the half so I’ll be able to go. If I want my husband too we just buy him a ticket?

ETA: Anyone know what time Epcot will close to regular guests that day? Considering going during the day after the race and going somewhere else when it closes.

Ok so just to clarify, I’m doing the half so I’ll be able to go. If I want my husband too we just buy him a ticket?

ETA: Anyone know what time Epcot will close to regular guests that day? Considering going during the day after the race and going somewhere else when it closes.
Yes your husband will have to buy a ticket if he wants to attend with you.

I think it closed to day guests at 9 or 9:30 in 2022, so just before the party started. I would pick a different park for earlier in the day and head to Epcot when it opens to party guests at 5pm

It closes to day guests at regular park close after fireworks mix in for guests with just a party ticket is I believe 5 or 6

Am I correct that the Expo virtual queue is only needed for buying merchandise? So if I just want to go to the Expo to pick up my bib and t-shirt, then I don’t need to bother with the virtual queue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter