Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

There really needs to be a better way to handle this where Disney still makes their money but runnners can get the merch they want. I’m not picking up my bib until late afternoon and not even sure I’ll bother going to the runDisney merch areas.
It's really quite simple actually. RunDisney needs to require a bib to gain entry to the merchandise area.

They need to allow runners to pre-order ALL merch related to their distances. They know what they are ordering well in advance, so this wouldn't be that hard. They could still drive hype for the expo merch by offering the rD generic stuff and a few additional items, but everyone running specific races could get the merch for those races if they wanted.

Maybe they set up pre-orders, and then didn't adjust the order. So a large percentage of the pins, etc were set aside for the preorders. Ugh. This makes me SUPER nervous for MW since all of the dopey stuff is gone from the preorder page. We got really lucky last year with an earlier group, and got everything we wanted (race distance pins and the big weekend pin).

But than the eBay flippers would take up all the bibs from actual runners

Anyway group just called stuck in traffic on i4 estimated arrival is still a half hour 🙏🏻
What runDisney really needs to do is offer ALL the merchandise available for online purchase and not bundle the items together. I'm personally not interested in pins, so I don't want to spend more money to get the bundle. I just want to get a shirt for myself and my daughter and potentially get her a Spirit Shirt.

Maybe they set up pre-orders, and then didn't adjust the order. So a large percentage of the pins, etc were set aside for the preorders. Ugh. This makes me SUPER nervous for MW since all of the dopey stuff is gone from the preorder page. We got really lucky last year with an earlier group, and got everything we wanted (race distance pins and the big weekend pin).

Same. I have Platinum CrD but am flying in on expo day and don't land until noon. I can walk right in once I get there, but I'm not holding out much hope for things I couldn't preorder.

silly question.. do you know if they have safety pins available at the races?
I picked up the bib already, and left.... forgot to grab some...

or do I need to go back?

If anyone is at the expo today or tomorrow and could get me an ornament, I would be soooo grateful! Not getting there until Saturday and worried they’ll be all gone! 🙏

Anyone tried to return/rebuy preorder with AP discount yet I know I could do so with pins in April

Any update on bib numbers and corrals? Can you post your info so others can get an idea?
Haven’t made it there yet got to WWoS with about 15-20 min left in window to shop in switchbacks for merch checkout now and than May check out the crazy of character lines before we get bibs/shirts

I preordered the jacket bundle for DL to avoid this stress. Agree that letting you preorder merch for your distance would solve a lot of this.

I also don’t understand who buys merch on eBay for a race they didn’t even run but maybe that’s just me.
And those that missed out on stuff. I've resorted to buying stuff that was sold out when I was able to attend the expo. I know I should resist, as it only encourages them more. I find if you wait months after the event the prices are much closer to original.

Wow I can’t believe all of the Figment challenge pins are sold out already! I didn’t preorder because I didn’t want all three, but I guess I should have…

If anyone is selling one of the Figment challenge pins, let me know!

PSA:
1) you can’t reshop for AP discounts
2) if you want any photos do them before you check out otherwise you will be directed back into the switchback room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter