• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Definitely better than last year if for no other reason than the start corrals.

6.5 to 9.5 was a slog, as we knew it would be.

Was happy to have an open bus waiting for me when I got back. Time for Mickey waffles, a shower and back out.

I do all my training on roads, so my reaction to World Drive was, “ooh, brand new asphalt. How luxurious!” I actually enjoyed the long, straight highways because I could just cruise without all the twists and turns of the parks. I had a pretty big negative split—my first mile was 7:50, my last 6:37.

That. Was. Awesome!!
First time and I totally get it now. Thought it was gonna be tough to live up to the hype, but no - that was brilliant! :)

Managed 10 character stops alongside a 1:31 finish time. So I go away happy with the effort and the memories.

What an excellent way to spend your money and your time :D

Loved the new asphalt! Couldn’t have asked for better weather this weekend. Unfortunately I did not negative split, started at 7:12 and ended at 8:12 looking for 7:30 average
ended with 7:53 so a few minutes off a PR but a great race and a POT for the next year or two. Very happy with the weekend!

Congratulations to everyone!

Anyone know how long it usually takes for race photos to show up in Disney app?
pics are manually tagged by employees. It usually takes a few hours for them to **start** showing up, but sometimes it can take a few days. If, after several days have gone by, you are still missing pictures you can submit a form to photopass to have them look for it. It helps if you have some info to narrow it down for them (as an example, _____ (character pic) some time around _____(time) on _____(date) bib number was ________.)

it's also important to note that if you bib number was FEWER digits than the code indicated it should be, that you need to 0-fill the front of the number so it's the correct number of digits.

Today was awesome!!! Started at the very front of wave 2 of corral A and spent 3 hours on the course and stopped for almost every photo op (skipped Duffy & Figment), snapped selfies, took lots of video, sang along with all the music on course and danced to the Latin music. I loved the course (yes, even all the highways and on ramps) and was able to crank out my fastest miles on the back half. It was so congested on the path to HS, but I luckily tucked in behind a faster runner with a louder voice yelling “runner on your left”! He parted the sea of runners for me 😂 My legs are definitely feeling it and I’ll be hobbling around the Epcot tonight, but I have not run this hard in months (Garmin showed a moving time of 1:59). My last run over 10 miles was in August.

I definitely felt the shortage of volunteers during the half at the water stops and it was odd to see the sports beans just dumped out on the tables for runners to grab. Cast members ended up being called in to work the race.

I liked the courses as well.. at first when I looked the map I thought that all highway at the end was going to be boring… and not, thr entertainment, characters, and the space worked well

I just landed home, moved my flight up by 5 hrs vs initial plan; so instead of being at the pool; going to MK with the medals for the photos… I felt in high need of self pampering and care… tomorrow I’m flying early due to work…

I got to say… every bus I saw in the road, I felt tempted to jump into it… my feet were truly hurting, I felt blisters in my toes, and didn’t want to stop for medical, as I felt that if I took the shoes off once I wouldn’t have the strength to put them back on … so I just kept saying let’s try one more mile, let’s see where is the next bus etc… every time I felt giving up an “angel” in the side showed up as spectator saying “you got this”, “you can do it”… they might never know how much they helped me (and probably others)…

When i got to the hotel and took the shoes and socks off … holy! .. probably I shouldn’t have kept going.. but … I did it!!! Very proud of me :))

Now on my way home to put ice in the knees as well because in my rush to get sooner to the airport I didn’t properly stretch …anyhow .. self care time it is

This was just my second HM ever in life, so I’m taking many lessons learned for the upcoming ones (DL, princess, springtime) (!) … got to see if the toe socks are better option for me, or try another type taking more humidity into consideration..

All and all, happy and thankful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter