Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

I'm only going if I get into this challenge. Last minute decision and the hubby agreed to stay home with the kids so it will be a solo trip. 14 minute timer left. fingers crossed

12:31 half marathon sold out.

A new link is giving me more than an hour wait still. EDIT: down to 56 minutes almost right away.

EDIT2: and as of 12:32 the challenge is also sold out

Oh wow - that was fast! I didn't ever see a Challenge sold out message.

LOL at everything (except post-race party tix) being sold out, and I still have a queue with 8mi remaining.

I don't have the stats handy, but that's gotta be one of the fastest sellouts for any runDisney event?

I don't have the stats handy, but that's gotta be one of the fastest sellouts for any runDisney event?
Actually slower than last year and quite a few other races but I think that's indicative of something wrong happening with the server.

2023 Race
Start (link)
Queue opened at 10:04am FL time (link)
10k sold out in 78 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 85 min (link)
5k sold out in 110 min (link)
No more queue after 130 min (link)
HM sold out in 135 min (link)

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.48.30 AM.png

Did anyone have this error and figure it out? Not mine, was trying to help someone and they could not get payment to go through. I'm not sure if this was the only error message they got or if they got other errors. They tried with multiple queue links. They tried other browsers, other devices, to no avail. I feel bad and was hoping someone else has seen this and has figured it out to let them know for next time. This was their first rD registration, so I'm wondering if it's an issue with their account. (I advised them to open the new queue link in an incognito browser and to log in again, and it sounds like that still didn't work, lots of pending charges but no actual confirmation ever.)

Actually slower than last year and quite a few other races but I think that's indicative of something wrong happening with the server.

2023 Race
Start (link)
Queue opened at 10:04am FL time (link)
10k sold out in 78 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 85 min (link)
5k sold out in 110 min (link)
No more queue after 130 min (link)
HM sold out in 135 min (link)
I was going to say, I don't remember any recent race NOT selling out at least one race in the first hour.

By far that was the oddest registration I have witnessed. Yes, the past couple of runDisney events have had their hiccups, but this one just seemed downright weird. Plus, I had a technical glitch on the registration page, and so did my coworker but with a different error message. My countdown fluctuated a ton, and this took a while for things to sell out despite what seemed like a high demand based on the queue being up the entire time.

Hmm, anyone know if it's still an option after the fact to pre-order merch? I skipped it during registration out of fear haha. I won't be in until Saturday so assume most everything is going to be gone by then

This isn't even in the conversation of fastest RunDisney sellouts. You can check the link that @The Expert provided for some good relatively recent data. Back when I started RunDisney around 2015, things routinely sold out much faster. When looking at those numbers, too, it's important to keep in mind that this is, historically, the race weekend at WDW with the smallest capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter