Winging it with No Dinning Plan! A Feb. Trip Report

Your first day looked like a lot of fun! I really need to make it back over to Tom Sawyer Island. We went on our first trip, but I sat and nursed a baby the whole time and didn't explore at all. The one item a day deal is a good way to limit purchases. We might have to implement this on our next trip. Your drinks looked really good at Trader Sam's. My brother and sister in law are going on a trip for their anniversary. I was just telling her they should go there. I will show her your review. I hate swimming in cold pools. Kids never seem to mind.

Your animal kingdom day was very full. I don't think I could make it all day at AK. My kids aren't roller coaster riders, and it is just so hot! I do really want to ride FOP. I'm glad Gwen was tall enough for PW. It looks like she really enjoyed it. WE didn't get to eat at Flame Tree BBQ on our trip. I guess we didn't miss much. Your view at dinner was gorgeous.

She ended up ordering the Special shake of the day, a Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milkshake
Sounds yummy!

Gwen LOVED the hidden Mickey in the BBQ sauce.
So do I!

And in related news, our pool club has all of the kids take a swim test in order to swim int the entire pool by themselves. Morgan tried out for her high band on Friday and passed! This was big because for her to get her high band, she had to jump off the diving board that she said that she would NEVER jump off it. And SURPRISE, she loves jumping off the diving board now! And Gwen tried for her low band on Friday and passed as well! So, now they can go jump in the pool with out us! So, maybe I can actually read a book this summer.
Yeah for the girls! And for you!

Hello Everyone!

Tiny Real Life Update: Our Memorial Day weekend was nice. It is always nice to get an extra day in the weekend. Saturday was 90 degrees here, so we headed to the pool and spent the afternoon there. Which was really nice. While there, Morgan decided that she wanted to sign up for the summer swim team again. So, NOW I am scrambling to figure out camp situation for July. And all of our weekends have gone poof! Away! She will have swim meets each Saturday. But truth be told I am SUPER proud of her, she didn't want to do it again, as she says she isn't good enough. And it was a BIG deal that she even wants to try it again. So, proud of her. Fingers Crossed she has a better experience with it this year! Her first practice is today! Eek! Wish her luck!

Yay Morgan! I was a swimmer growing up and coached swimming until I had kids. Trent has been swimming on our local team since he was 7. Brody went out when he turned 7, but he was scared he would drowned. He took the last two summers off. We've had 2 meets and another one tonight. Next year Ronan and Annabelle want to swim. I keep telling Annabelle she is too young, but she is determined. She can make it a 25 meter without stopping. I guess she has a year to make it the whole 50 meters. Swimming really is a great sport. Morgan can just focus on improving her times and setting personal goals. I still love to swim. It's such a great workout!

Hello Everyone!!!

OMG, Life has been sooo busy! I can't even tell you which way is up right now! Morgan had her first Time Trial on Saturday, and I think she did great. Def not the fastest, but she did all 4 races and I "think" she swam them all legal. I "think". They didn't tell the swimmers, so I don't know for sure. Next up the first real swim meet! Not sure if they will put her in a race or not. We will see.

And Gwen we determined to get her "high" band. Which basically means she can go off the diving boards. So, Friday after practice she tested for it. And she PASSED!!!! Morgan was so excitied for her, it was super cute. Gwen went straight for the high dive too! Which gave Morgan the courage to give it a try. And she did it as well. She still won't stand up straight on the starting blocks, but whatever...

And can I just say, end of year events at school is NO JOKE!!!! And not easy to juggle with work! But we are almost done!!! Tomorrow is the girls last full day and then 3 half days. Thank Goodness! Strike that.... I started this on Monday... oops! We are down to one half day!

So, i am not sure how much I can get in before I have to leave but I did want to get an update in. And I am going to try and see if I can connect to the pool wifi so I can get this update in! As we have to leave soon! Oye.

Day Three: Best Night Ever!!!

So, I left off with us finishing up with BBB. I booked Princess Meet n Greet this evening, thinking it would be fun to meet princesses all dressed up. We had time before the fast pass window to meet Cinderella and Elena. And the wait for Rapunzel and a mystery princess wasn't too long. So we got in line for Raps first. The wait was a bit long but not too bad.

Tianna's Portrait
I love the portraits inside the Princess Hall.

Mulan's Portrait
While waiting I was having flash backs on the time we waited 2 hours to see Anna and Elsa! Yes we were those people! But the girls REALLY wanted to meet them, and they waited the whole time with us.

IMG_0808
There was a vent in the line that was pumping out SUPER cold air, and it was starting to get cool, so everyone was avoiding the small area. And each time the line would move, people would move into the air and then slowly move away from the flow of air. It was kind of funny to watch.

I think we waited half an hour. We talked about who the "other" princess would be. I am not sure why we didn't know who it was... But once we got to the front and were let in. We found out!

It was Jasmine!!! Gwen's favorite!!! Gwen was jumping up and down, clapping her hands and just kept saying "It's Jasimine!" Over and Over again. It was super cute. They had let in a couple families and we were the last of the bunch. So, Jasmine was waiting for the next batch to start and she totally noticed Gwen being beyond excitied to see her. She smiled and waved at Gwen.

Ready to Meet some Princesses!
We waited our turn.

Rapunzel_01
And before long, it was time to meet Rapunzel!

Rapunzel_02
I feel like this Raps didn't really look like Rapunzel but she was very spunky and def had her spirit. The girls had Raps sign the button they had. And she just LOVED it.

This Canvas is so Different!
She commented on how the canvas was so different than anything she had ever worked on. And asked what it was.

Rapunzel_03

Rapunzel_04
I always wonder what Rapunzel would say if you ask about her hair. I guess the cartoon show helps with that now... But shouldn't she have short brown hair now?

Rapunzel was great and way better than the very first one we had met.

Next was Jasmine!!!! I don't think I grabbed the pic in time, but when we came over Jasime gave Gwen a BIG hug.
Jasmine_01

Jasmine_02
I think they talked about camels and flying carpets.

Jasmine_03
And Jasmine signed the button as well.

Jasmine_04
And of course a formal pic before we left.

I just met Jasmine!!!!
Gwen was on cloud nine after we left the room.

So Excited!
She was just so so so excitied to meet Jasmine and having just done BBB. It was turning out to be a great evening!

It was now time for our fast passes for Cinderella and Elena. So, we turned around and got in that line.

I am going to post this just in case the wifi doesn't work at the pool. But hopefully up very soon.... more princesses!

Day Three: More Princesses!

So, we left off with finishing our first set of Princesses. And we moved on to our next set! Since we had fast passes this time, there was no real wait. We were right in to see Elana & Cinderella.

First was Elana. This was the fist for her. Which is why I did this one as the fast pass. (Which turned out to work out, as there was a longer wait for them than Rapunzel and Jasmine)

Elana_01
Elana was very excitied to see the girls and complimented them on there dresses.

Eleana Says Hello
We have that autograph book that is the A to Z Encycolpedia. On our first trip, I took it to Staples or somewhere and had them cut the binding off, and spiral bind it. Andy made a few of the characters that we were missing and had them add those in. And then we did it again a few trips later. So, Andy made a page for Elana and she was SUPER excitied to see a page just for her!

Wow!
She read all about what we put on her page and she just love it. (And so did the girls)

Signing her page
We had her sign the button as well, because you need to have it on both!

Princess Power
Elana was great! She was super energetic and super encaged with the girls Her dress was really pretty as well.

Good Bye Hugs

After Elana, it was time for Cinderella!
Cinderella_01

Cinderella_02
We got the button signed of course.

Sighing the Pin
Cinderella was very careful not to get sharpie on her gloves!

Pose
I guess Cinderella taught the girls how to hold there dressses out ala @ChunkyMonkey!

We have met Cinderella sooooo many times it is silly! But this one was one of the better ones! I find Cinderella sometimes can be kind of meh...

The girls really enjoyed meeting Princesses after getting all done up. It was really a great way to "celebrate" being all dolled up.

We ended up in the dump shop after, of course.

Gwen with Princess Minnie
Gwen requested her picture taken with fancy Minnie.

The girls looked around, since they hadn't gotten there "thing" for the day. They decided on little baby Jacquins (from Elana). They were small, so that was nice, as I was worried about suitcase space this trip. When we were checking out the CM asked what they were?!!? Which I know that it's from a Disney Junior show but you work outside of where you meet Elana? The girls gladly told the ladies while they got the tags cut off there newest plush!

We decided to head to meet Minnie Manifique next. It was about 7:35 now and thankfully I checked the app as we were walking over and saw that Minnie had gone out for dinner at 7:00. So, she was no longer there.

Since she wasn't there and it was starting to get cool out. We went into the Pinochio bathroom to add some layers. We all went into the handicap bathroom at the end and took turns changing. Morgan added a long sleeve shirt and leggings while Gwen opted for only the leggings.

Bathroom Hair Do photo
Gwen wanted me to take a picture of her hair as well. So, ENJOY... bathroom pic!

Once we were all dressed, we headed out and tried to decide what to do next. I suggested going to Gaston's for those treats we tried for earlier in the day. The girls were def up for this!

Next Up... Snacks, Fireworks, and the best meet with Belle!

I might have missed some folks quotes. And if I did, I am sorry....

joining in. My internet is being frustrating so I will comment better on future posts. Great so far.
Welcome!!!! I hope to get back to posting a bit more regularly!

The one item a day deal is a good way to limit purchases. We might have to implement this on our next trip.
It really works out well, as long as you are willing to get one thing a day. It really curbs the I want this and that all day long.

Your drinks looked really good at Trader Sam's. My brother and sister in law are going on a trip for their anniversary. I was just telling her they should go there. I will show her your review
Def! I really enjoyed it even though we didn't make it inside. And inside is to be even more fun!

Your animal kingdom day was very full. I don't think I could make it all day at AK
I really don't know how we made it the whole day! I really don't

I guess we didn't miss much. Your view at dinner was gorgeous.
All you really missed was the view! And the fries. ;)

Yay Morgan! I was a swimmer growing up and coached swimming until I had kids.
I swam as well and it really is a great sport. Morgan really likes it is having a tough time with the competition part of it.

Next year Ronan and Annabelle want to swim. I keep telling Annabelle she is too young, but she is determined. She can make it a 25 meter without stopping
Annabelle sounds like quiet the independent girl!

I still love to swim. It's such a great workout!
It really is. My problem is, in order to swim I need to get up at 5:15 to get to the pool swim and still do all the morning things.

I love their sparkly dresses. That was such a good idea and different than any other little girls in the park.
Thanks! It def was a good call for them. I know Morgan would have felt weird in a princess dress.

Their excitement is palpable!! It's so wonderful when they are having a magical time :)

I always wonder what Rapunzel would say if you ask about her hair. I guess the cartoon show helps with that now... But shouldn't she have short brown hair now?

I never thought about that, but so true! :scratchin

Gwen was on cloud nine after we left the room.

So sweet! :cloud9:

Gwen wanted me to take a picture of her hair as well. So, ENJOY... bathroom pic!

:rotfl2:Still pretty, even in the bathroom!

It was Jasmine!!! Gwen's favorite!!! Gwen was jumping up and down, clapping her hands and just kept saying "It's Jasimine!" Over and Over again. It was super cute. They had let in a couple families and we were the last of the bunch. So, Jasmine was waiting for the next batch to start and she totally noticed Gwen being beyond excitied to see her. She smiled and waved at Gwen.
Aww, so cute!

We have that autograph book that is the A to Z Encycolpedia. On our first trip, I took it to Staples or somewhere and had them cut the binding off, and spiral bind it. Andy made a few of the characters that we were missing and had them add those in. And then we did it again a few trips later. So, Andy made a page for Elana and she was SUPER excitied to see a page just for her!
I love all the great autograph book ideas I read about here! I will need to keep track for if I ever get to take kids to Disney!

I love the portraits inside the Princess Hall.

Sadly I've never been in Princess Hall :( I know I could go by myself but I want a little girl to go in with! Hopefully when I bring my granddaughter :goodvibes

I love how excited they are to meet the Princesses! I agree I've seen better Rapunzel's but she's not that bad; I seem to see lots of not-so-great Ariel's all the time lol.

I love all the great autograph book ideas I read about here! I will need to keep track for if I ever get to take kids to Disney!
I love the A to Z autograph book but it is heavy! We have stopped carrying it with us because of that. Plus we don't normally meet too many characters anymore.

Sadly I've never been in Princess Hall :( I know I could go by myself but I want a little girl to go in with! Hopefully when I bring my granddaughter :goodvibes
We just need to be in Disney at the same time. We will go with you. Of course my girls are getting dangerously "too" old.

It was like maybe 2 minutes till the end of it. Andy and I def wanted to try and catch the whole show later in our trip. It is pretty cool to see real puppets! Sadly, we have tried to get the girls into the Muppets and they just don't seem interested.
They actually have two versions of their show. We have only seen one thus far and missed them this last trip. My boys are more into Muppets bc DH loves them and we now watch Muppet Babies on Disney Jr.

I love this ride! It is def one of my favorites! It's the perfect balance of story telling and thrill.
Totally agree about the perfect balance.

Moonshine anyone?
I've never noticed that and my DH likes a little Moonshine so I need to look for it next time.

Me and Gwen in our full wetness.
This was my first time not ducking! I just decided to stay up. Partially bc of the photo and also bc we were all together for the very first time and i decided to just enjoy the moment! We dud get wet but not too terribly bad.

This is seriously Morgan's favorite part of the ride, getting "stuck" next to the waterfall. @cstorm65 - See, both girls are strategically placed closer to the waterfall!!!!!
Ugh, I forgot to do this!

Andy seriously got the wettest some how..
:rotfl2:

Soon, our milkshakes arrived. This is Morgan's Milkshake. It was REALLY good! It had real strawberry sauce in the bottom.
It looks so yummy!

Andy and I ordered the Plaza Fries as well.

Plaza Loaded Fries
French Fries topped with Melted Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Ranch Dressing
These look to die-for! My mouth might be watering now....

The grilled cheese was good. Nothing amazing about it but a solid grilled cheese.
Good to know. My boys will both eat grilled cheese.

Andy ordered the Mac n Cheese Brisket.
I wonder if my DH would like this. If so, I may have to check this place out in the future!

They had just switched up the menu here and started serving loaded tater tots!

Buffalo Chicken Loaded Tater-Tots
Andy and I shared the Buffalo Chicken Tots. These were SOOOOOOOO good! I love pretty much everything buffalo, so I pretty much knew I would like this!
Um, yum!

After they changed, we sat back down to wait.
Love the dresses on them!

So beautiful!

Gwen went straight for the high dive too! Which gave Morgan the courage to give it a try. And she did it as well.
Isn't it funny how that plays out. AJ would not let Will show him up this year so they both did splash and 7DMT!

And can I just say, end of year events at school is NO JOKE!!!!
Amen, sister!

While waiting I was having flash backs on the time we waited 2 hours to see Anna and Elsa! Yes we were those people! But the girls REALLY wanted to meet them, and they waited the whole time with us.
This makes me glad I have boys.

I guess Cinderella taught the girls how to hold there dressses out ala @ChunkyMonkey!
Su-Lynn Is the best at this! I am trying to learn!

I find Cinderella sometimes can be kind of meh...
She is definitely on the bottom of my princess list.

Happy Saturday Everyone!

This has been the first quiet Saturday we have had in awhile. And I am taking full advantage of doing nothing and catching up on everyones trip reports and hopefully getting this evening completed!

Day Three: The ending to a great evening!

I left off with us heading to Gaston's for some treats! It was pretty empty in the back of the park by now, which was SUPER nice! I sent Andy to order to food and me and the girls found a place to sit. We found a table by one of the windows. And I said that we might be able to see the fireworks through the window if we were lucky.

Our View from Gaston's
Unfortantly, I couldn't get any pics with No reflection of the Exit sign in it.

Gwen's Macaroons
Gwen wanted her beloved macaroons. We let her get both varieties since she like 2 in each one. We shared the Macaroons, they are pedestrian macaroons, but not terrible. Gwen gave me and Andy the Coffee flavored and the Pistachio Flavored ones. Both were good enough.

Cinnamon Roll
And Morgan got her beloved Cinnamon Roll! I remember to have Andy ask for extra Icing, which came in a little cup. Which I feel like isn't as exciting to get it that way. But Morgan was happy! Cinnamon Roll was good as always. We all picked at it.

The Girls 1 Thing: Day 3

Here are there (1) Thing for the day. The Baby Jaquins.

Fireworks from Gaston's
The Fireworks started while we were eating. And we could in fact see the fireworks from our table.

Fireworks_03

Fireworks in Gastons
Stupid exit sign in the picture!

The girls liked seeing the fireworks from there. Not the best view but just fun. We could here some going off but couldn't see them. So, once we were done we headed out to investigate where the other fireworks were going off. Turned out they were behind us!
Fireworks in Front of Gaston's

Fireworks_02
This revelation was "AMAZING" to the girls!

Fireworks_03

We had a fastness for Enchanted Tales with Belle later, but I said we should head over before the fireworks ended.

The girls LOVED walking around in fantasyland with the fireworks going off. They thought it was super fun!

Fireworks on the way to Maurice's Cottage
We got over to Maurice's Cottage and there was no one waiting. So, we stood outside watching the fireworks until they called everyone in.

Fireworks by Maurice's Cottage
It was def magical to just be walking around with fireworks going off.

We headed in to meet with Belle!

Continued in next post....

My favorite part of this is the mirror that turns into the entryway. It still amazes me! I just love it!

Enchanted Tales with Belle: Getting Selected
Here is a quick video of Gwen getting picked for a role! I had a feel ing the girls might get picked since they were all dressed up.

I'm the Beast!!! What?
I think Gwen was a little surprised to be picked as the beast!

Roar!
Thankfully Morgan got picked for a part as well. Mrs. Potts! She has been Mrs. Potts a couple times now. I said later that they just knew she was a professional Mrs. Potts player. She liked that.

After everyone had parts, they let the cast aka: kids go first.
Cast Enters First
I always love this. The faces on the kids is always too cute that they get to go first.

Quick Tip for you, if you haven't done this. Grab a seat on the end of the aisles in the middle. You will get the best photo ops there.

Belle and Lumiere
We all got seats and the show started. I love Lumiere! So real looking!

Waiting her turn
Morgan was excitied for her turn.

Gwen Sneaking Up on Belle
Gwen really didn't know what to expect. But she was the cutest beast!

Enchanted Tales with Belle by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
Here is a video of the first half of the show. I just love this show. Just something about being a kid and being apart of the show is just so magical... I love it. But if you don't want to watch all of it, fast forward to 2:00 to see Gwen as the beast and the cutest Roar ever!

Roar!
Here roar got a chuckle out of everyone. I even think Belle thought it was cute.

Gwen as the Beast

Morgan as Mrs. Potts
Morgan was a pro "hopper" and hopped over to pour some tea.

IMG_0867

Once the Story is over, they do a little parade around the room and then each kid get a picture with Belle and a bookmark. I love this touch.

But before that, the beast dances with belle. (I think that is the order)
Gwen dancing with Belle by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
Here is a quick video of Gwen Dancing with Belle.

Dancing by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Presenting Gwen Beast
Gwen with Belle.

Presenting
Gwen as the beast is the last to be presented. And Gwen was overwhelmed a bit with the dancing and the presentation. But she did great!

Presenting Gwen Beast by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Presenting by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Morgan and Belle by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Morgan and Belle_02
Morgan met belle as well.

They REALLY enjoyed doing this again.

Happy Dooder
Keeping the cloud 9 status!

Post Production Glow
Even Morgan was happy with the expierence.

After the show, I looked at the wait times, and everything still had long waits. We decided to go do The Little Mermaid Ride. I think we waited about 20 minutes! It was about 8:30 now. But everything still had long waits and there really wasn't anything good to grab for fast passes. This literally might be the longest we have ever waited for this ride, but it wasn't that bad.

I was looking forward to seeing Scuttle while we waited but he wasn't out ;( The girls watched the video of Gwen saying Roar about a million times while we waited. They were cracking up at it!

Little Mermaid Ride
I didn't get many photos since they were watching the video and the fact that we had been on this ride a million times already!

Ursula
Ursala is always amazing! As long as she has her head!

Riska Ariel
And this... Seriously.... They are a little low on the magic... i always feel like Ariel might show more than she wants if she moves just a little too much!!!

Scuttle
We found a scuttle!

By this point it was 9:00 and we really needed to head out soon. So, we said we could do one more ride and then we needed to head out. I think I was able to get a fast pass for The Magic Carpets. So, that is what we decided to do! I made Gwen change her shoes. She had been rock'n her glittery high heels this whole time! But walking all the way across the park was going to be too much. So she switched shoes and we headed over to the carpets.

Tangled bathrooms. En Route to Magic Carpets
We passed the best bathrooms ever. Seriously, they really are the best bathrooms ever. look how pretty the area is at night!

We made it over to the carpets and scanned our bands. It still took FOREVER!!! We only waited one cycle but when we got into our carpet it took a LONG time for them to check everyone for some reason.

Medalion Magic Carpets by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Spitting Camels
So, I took some pics while we waited. I kind of feel like this ride either needs more lighting or should just not be run at night. The CM walk around with flashlights for crying out loud!

Magic Carpets
We had the Camel spit at us while we are going around. Which none of us expected and made it more fun!

Stealing our controls
Gwen used the front control and Morgan ended up "stealing" our control in the back!

The carpets are well the carpets. But we had a fun ride. But now it was time to head out!

We stopped at the Confectionary for a late night snack! It was now 9:45!

Carmel Apple with Peanut Butter Chips
Morgan picked out a Carmel Apple with Peanut Butter Chips! She loved it. I think she found a love of Carmel apples this trip.

Gwen picked out a lollipop. And I grabbed a Rice Krispie Mickey with M&M's on it. My favorite!

We jumped onto a bus at 9:56. And headed back to the room! The night was a great evening! And it really felt like one of those magical evenings we had back in the day.

Tomorrow we were headed to Hollywood Studios! And I wanted to get there at Rope Drop. Would we make it?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter