Winter Workouts - Dec. 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

At school, I listen to my Premium YouTube. This week while entering grades into PowerSchool, I had "A Charlie Brown Christmas" playing on my Promethean Board. It's such a great album. The only problem is that other teachers kept popping in to see where the jazzy Christmas music was coming from.

I listen to Sirius XM radio in my SUV. There are 4 Christmas stations that I have in my presets: Holly, Jolly, Traditional Christmas, and Hallmark. There's A LOT of stations only available on streaming that I would love to listen to while driving. Oh well. 😒 The stations are all very different, which works for my eclectic musical taste. There are times when Traditional is a must, like Christmas Eve which is sacred to me. Other times, I like more modern choices.

At home, we have a boatload of CD's, but it's easier to just play music on my Premium
YouTube on my phone or tv. DD has Apple Music, so sometimes we play music from her account.

Favorites:

"All I Want For Christmas" -Mariah Carey
"Oh Holy Night" -Billy Porter

"Chicago 25" album -Chicago
"Michael Buble Christmas" album -Michael Buble
"A Charlie Brown Christmas" album -Vince Guaraldi Trio
"Holiday Pops" album -The Boston Pops Orchestra (Seeing them live multiple times have been some of my BEST Christmas experiences)
"A Christmas Album" album -Barbra Streisand
"Nat King Cole Christmas Album" album -Nat King Cole

Let's not forget Andy Williams, Bing Crosby...dear God, I could go on and on and on...

A few of our Disney ornaments:
CBBF6170-DA53-4F42-9597-05439C0D64D3.jpeg
9A6698D0-9F36-43FC-8EDE-F9E5E0C78368.jpeg

E5378144-F764-4092-9428-695EA331BADF.jpeg

I started a antibiotic last night at have 4 doses in so far. I think I am doing better.
Good to hear - I hope the improvement continues, and you are feeling great in no time!

Social Saturday
Are you a seasonal music traditionalist? Do you prefer contemporary tunes? How about something festive and funny?
I love all different styles of Christmas music! A couple of my favorite songs are:
We Need a Little Christmas
Holly Jolly Christmas

and Silent Night (especially the version from a John Denver CD I have, that explains the story behind it a little)

Well dang. Yesterday I had another fever spike and thought that isn't normal for a cold, so I took a covid home test which came back positive. I ran over to the city testing site right before they closed and those results have now also come back positive. Ugh. Based on the gestation period I was exposed either right before I left for WDW or while I was traveling... it was snowing before I left and I really wasn't out and about and I was masked up the entire time I was traveling except for when I had a salad at the airport, so that pretty much has to be it.

It looks like I'll need to isolate thru Tuesday and even then have had 24 hours without a fever, not happy about that. But I am happy that I didn't run any errands yesterday and that I did think to test. And thankful for the protection of the vaccine, because I'm not horribly sick.

I have a playlist of Christmas music on my phone, about a dozen albums covering everyone from The Rat Pack to Ceelo Green. I play it on scramble thru my little Bose Wave bluetooth music system and boy does it sound nice. My favorites this year have been Kelly Clarkson and LeAnn Rimes and I always love Annie Lenox, her Christmas album has less common songs on it.

I only have one Disney ornament - a small white Mickey head. It goes on the tree as a hidden Mickey, similar to a traditional pickle ornament, which I also have. Hopefully my replacement tree basket will actual arrive to day so I can finish decorating the tree. If I do get to finish it I'll take a picture and post it.

Well dang. Yesterday I had another fever spike and thought that isn't normal for a cold, so I took a covid home test which came back positive. I ran over to the city testing site right before they closed and those results have now also come back positive. Ugh. Based on the gestation period I was exposed either right before I left for WDW or while I was traveling... it was snowing before I left and I really wasn't out and about and I was masked up the entire time I was traveling except for when I had a salad at the airport, so that pretty much has to be it.

It looks like I'll need to isolate thru Tuesday and even then have had 24 hours without a fever, not happy about that. But I am happy that I didn't run any errands yesterday and that I did think to test. And thankful for the protection of the vaccine, because I'm not horribly sick.

I have a playlist of Christmas music on my phone, about a dozen albums covering everyone from The Rat Pack to Ceelo Green. I play it on scramble thru my little Bose Wave bluetooth music system and boy does it sound nice. My favorites this year have been Kelly Clarkson and LeAnn Rimes and I always love Annie Lenox, her Christmas album has less common songs on it.

I only have one Disney ornament - a small white Mickey head. It goes on the tree as a hidden Mickey, similar to a traditional pickle ornament, which I also have. Hopefully my replacement tree basket will actual arrive to day so I can finish decorating the tree. If I do get to finish it I'll take a picture and post it.
I’m so sorry you have Covid, but at least your symptoms aren’t severe thanks to the vaccine.

Feel better soon.

Started mixing dough for Christmas cookies today. Over the last few years I have started making the dough and freezing it so we aren't bombarded with cookies and so I am not making a ton a few days before Christmas. I made gingerbread....kind of. I have yet to find an easy recipe I like. This year the flavor was good but texture was awful ended up throwing out about half because it was so crumbly. Too bad DS7 insists gingerbread is Santa's favorite.

We piled the kids in the car and drove around to look at a couple local light displays. While traveling we saw two rather large deer on the side of the road. Something magical about seeing deer right around Christmas.

Tomorrow is DH's work Christmas party. Cocktails and then walking through the light display at the zoo. Yay for getting some steps in but it's supposed to be snowing. While that will be magical to see my toes are already feeling cold! Time to dig out the gloves and heavy socks.

One week until we are in WDW!

My weight was up 0.4 pounds this week but I'm not freaking out because I just nibbled way too much on staff room goodies! I'll do better this week--except for the cake we're bringing in before our custodian goes on paternity leave! It'll be so good. I did buy an English cucumber today because I love that and a string cheese for snacking at work.

Our tree topper is Mickey. Love it!

I listen to all types of Christmas music. Need to find them on Sirius. We have it in our car. DH monopolizes all music all the time so it'll be a challenge for me to find it and then actually be able to listen to it without comments from the next seat!

Best get well wishes to her, and much patience sent to " nurse mom".

Thank you. Yesterday was rough. She was very whiney. Good it is a good thing her fever broke last night and she is feeling much better today. It looks like I might have it now too. Nothing bad yet but sick to my stomach most of today and just feel blah. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad.

I am sorry you have Covid. Rest when you can. I stayed very tired for a week or two after the symptoms were gone.

I won’t exactly be resting but I am certainly staying home. It’s 🥶COLD. Temperatures will stay in the 30’s today which is normal for December in Connecticut. My body isn’t adjusted to the cold yet because it’s been in the high 50’s lately.

Yesterday DD and I did our errands and got our monthly mani pedis. I went with alternating red and green toes. I made my first round of sugar cookie dough with my new very pretty Aqua Sky Artisan Kitchen Aid mixer…how did I live without it for so long?!

Today DD was called into work for a special project, so I will be making more cookie dough and baking on my own. 😢 We will decorate them together next Sunday.

Self-care today was to bundle up and mask up and go for a walk at the beach. I just needed to be outside. I’ve done misc chores around the house, including taking out the recycle that’s built up from significant online self-pity shopping. I even folded the laundry that got washed Friday.

The football game just started, so it’s sitting time. I’ll also do some crafting, just making a paper chain but out of strips of felt. Cutting and glueing feels like a good fit for my covid brain.

Monday! Wow! This weekend flew by!

1st I have to say I am so sorry everyone is so sick and also dealing with sick kids! @Oneanne please take care of yourself and @piglet1979 I hope you and DD are doing better today! @PollyannaMom mom I hope your son enjoyed your company yesterday and he’s feeling better!!

The Disney Christmas decorations made me realize I have 0!!!!! The horror!! Decided from this point forward each trip I will purchase a ornament! Something to look forward to gettin out each year and remembering the trip!

I listen to Holiday Favorites on Amazon music- I know all the songs they play and it’s just a good variety!

I am feeling better and I am so thankful. Friday I didn’t move hardly at all, Saturday I took a walk and cleaned but also napped and yesterday I workout out, we went to church and I ran DD around all evening to her work and youth group Christmas parties so I am back in the swing of things!

Great perspective on winter!!! I hope to stay healthy and maintain my weight the rest of the winter so that is motivating me! DH and I have a couples trip-first one in four years-mid April and I would like to be healthy and feeling good for that!!

I do have lots of Disney ornaments. I get an ornament every year for each kids. This way when they move out they can take them with them for their first tree. I always get one that is about them in that time period. When they were little that meant a lot of Disney. The year Frozen came out DD got an Elsa ornament. I do have one for our last trip to Disney. It is one that you put a picture in. 3 years after I bought it I finally put the picture in.

I listen to a lot of Christmas songs. I love Bing Crosby. I do really like the one that uses the wedding march in Canon D (I think this is what it is) because I had the song at my wedding. I also really like the Faith Hill song from the Grinch. I cry every time I hear it but I really like.

DD is doing much better. She is back at school today. She is still congested but otherwise is much better. I am not doing bad still just have had some stomach issues.

I had my appointment with the kidney doctor. The glucose issue I am having is most likely genetic and something I have had my whole life. It is worse when you are younger, which I had low blood sugar throughout my 20's. As you get older it is a good thing to have. I am at a lower risk of diabetes. It is the same thing DD has. We found out when she was about 3. It is called benign glycosuria. I feel so much better know that I know there is not a major issue going on.

Being sick has forced me in to the hibernation phase of winter, all I want is to be still and cozy, except for the brief periods of time where I want to be outside and cold... but snuggled up in a puffy coat. These are the days where I really wish I had a fireplace, and a SO to cuddle up with, who will make me soup.

I signed on to work this morning and can already tell it is going to be a tough week trying to catch up and stay caught up with everything that is going on. Covid brain is a real thing. Ugh. I can't say I'm motivated by anything this week, just trying to get thru and get better. Tomorrow is the day when I can stop isolating, and can start going out masked up. I'll need to go to the grocery store but will go at an off-time, so I'm not around a lot of people. What a treat... going to the grocery store.

Being sick has forced me in to the hibernation phase of winter, all I want is to be still and cozy, except for the brief periods of time where I want to be outside and cold... but snuggled up in a puffy coat. These are the days where I really wish I had a fireplace, and a SO to cuddle up with, who will make me soup.

I signed on to work this morning and can already tell it is going to be a tough week trying to catch up and stay caught up with everything that is going on. Covid brain is a real thing. Ugh. I can't say I'm motivated by anything this week, just trying to get thru and get better. Tomorrow is the day when I can stop isolating, and can start going out masked up. I'll need to go to the grocery store but will go at an off-time, so I'm not around a lot of people. What a treat... going to the grocery store.
I hope you feel better soon. Yes! Covid brain is real and very frustrating. I couldn't remember the name of an employee that worked with me all summer right after I was back in the office after having covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter