Wish Maiden Voyage | July 14-19, 2022

Anyone else get a bunch of random emails from DCL this afternoon? They were all sorts of things that didn’t apply to us but then I logged in to the app just to see if everything was ok and our stateroom had been changed. (Which I’m fine with if this is somehow pixie dust because we were just ocean view and are now veranda.) My TA is calling DCL but just curious if I was the only one.

**Update-Confirmed we got a free upgrade!!!**

Last edited:
I did not...? We have the same stateroom as before as well. Congrats on your upgrade!! :D
Apparently, according to Tracey from DUL it happened to a few other people. I’m so excited! We were bummed we didn’t have a veranda and now we do.

Last edited:
Apparently, according to Tracey from DUP it happened to a few other people. I’m so excited! We were bummed we didn’t have a veranda and now we do.
And best of all you didn’t have to spend more to get it! ;) it does make me wonder if some of the other rooms aren’t quite ready yet. Maybe they just know the easiest ways to get better reviews?

And best of all you didn’t have to spend more to get it! ;) it does make me wonder if some of the other rooms aren’t quite ready yet. Maybe they just know the easiest ways to get better reviews?
Yeah I’m super curious. Teresa is our TA and the email DCL sent her didn’t say why just that they needed to change our room and were given a free upgrade. I definitely wonder if some things are still under construction or they’re having problems in certain parts of the ship with some system. I’m thrilled though!

We hopefully will see all of you on Thursday. We are recovering from our 9-nt Greek Isles we just did on the Magic. It's going to be hard for this cruise to top that one...

That said, we didn't purchase any merchandise on the Magic as we had a letter in our stateroom saying that Italy said that since our cruise was all in the EU, we had to pay 22% VAT on any purchase in the shops... We decided to save all of our shopping for the Wish :)

I always manage to be late getting to my PAT. I’m in boarding group 5 and it seems by the time I get through security etc., they are way past my number. Any help would be appreciated. What time do most people actually get to the parking garage for early PAT. Ty

I always manage to be late getting to my PAT. I’m in boarding group 5 and it seems by the time I get through security etc., they are way past my number. Any help would be appreciated. What time do most people actually get to the parking garage for early PAT. Ty
We were on the Dream in May in Concierge so we didn't have an actual PAT. However, we decided we would get to the port at 10:30 that day. We drove over from Orlando and arrived slightly earlier than that. We were able to drop our bags off but had to wait 5 minutes before the parking garage started accepting cars at exactly 10:30.

Ok, COVID tests scheduled for Tuesday. I absolutely cannot believe we are so close. Between having to get COVID tests still and being unsure of how we’ll feel about the Wish, it just didn’t seem like it’s this Thursday. I’m sure I’ll get hit with that big wave of emotions when we see her for the first time and walk onboard.

734D07D4-0BA7-43BF-A088-056DB9873A5D.jpeg

I definitely underestimated how strongly needing to test first would hit me; the crazy spike in +s in my area has made this way more of a nail biter than I would have thought... there was a certain calmness when we were going to just show up at the port and whatever will be will be, but this two days before is making it harder to justify packing.

I *really* need to start today though... back in January before our trip to the Galapagos we had to have two sets of PCR tests, & we waited to pack until we knew it was a go which was less than 24 hours out. The sudden need to pack everyting by myself (my husband did not take the day off) gave me the first panic attack of my life. I am trying very hard to avoid that this time, but it's like pulling teeth getting off the couch to gather stuff together. I keep imagining myself putting it all back after work on Tuesday... once we get the all clear I'm going to explode with excitement.

there was a certain calmness when we were going to just show up at the port and whatever will be will be
It’s so true. I don’t think anyone that didn’t experience that will ever know the pure emotional roller coaster that was (but wouldn’t trade those practically empty cruises for anything in the world…especially our one for Christmas Day!)

It’s so true. I don’t think anyone that didn’t experience that will ever know the pure emotional roller coaster that was (but wouldn’t trade those practically empty cruises for anything in the world…especially our one for Christmas Day!)
They are still testing at the port for the Magic in Europe. Was quite the 2 1/2 hours waiting to see if we would get to board in Civitavecchia.

BTW, Prenetics (the company they use in Europe) is terrible!

We were on the Dream in May in Concierge so we didn't have an actual PAT. However, we decided we would get to the port at 10:30 that day. We drove over from Orlando and arrived slightly earlier than that. We were able to drop our bags off but had to wait 5 minutes before the parking garage started accepting cars at exactly 10:30.
Thank you that is very helpful!!!

I definitely underestimated how strongly needing to test first would hit me; the crazy spike in +s in my area has made this way more of a nail biter than I would have thought... there was a certain calmness when we were going to just show up at the port and whatever will be will be, but this two days before is making it harder to justify packing.

I *really* need to start today though... back in January before our trip to the Galapagos we had to have two sets of PCR tests, & we waited to pack until we knew it was a go which was less than 24 hours out. The sudden need to pack everyting by myself (my husband did not take the day off) gave me the first panic attack of my life. I am trying very hard to avoid that this time, but it's like pulling teeth getting off the couch to gather stuff together. I keep imagining myself putting it all back after work on Tuesday... once we get the all clear I'm going to explode with excitement.
I dreamed all night I needed to get packed and couldn’t get it done! couldn’t make the plane in time etc etc. true nightmare

The stress of the testing is almost unbearable. I speak from experience: I was on a RC cruise in January (well, supposed to be on one) and I tested positive and had to stay home. NOT FUN AT ALL. The thought of missing the MV is almost too much to bear. I'll be happy to have the test done tomorrow and upload that NEGATIVE result to Safe Passage! (Keeping positive thoughts only)

Did everyone get the email about no Aladdin…kind of bummed haven’t seen it since Fantasy maiden
yes, we got the email as well. Fortunately we have another Wish sailing booked for November.

Just got my afternoon flight on 7/19 from United 3pm cancelled on the day we get off the boat. I rebooked to go home the next day 7/20 and staying at the Hyatt on the 19th. I am leaving early morning 7/12 for florida two days earlier and hope I make it since there are thunderstorms. I scheduled Covid test at Sherarton. I am suppose to be sleeping but this was pretty stressful. I hope everyone safe travels

Seems there will be some storms almost daily for the next week when I check my weather app... surely by now pilots are used to weathering or going around most typical storms... I hope? :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter