Wishing Wand on the WISH

I haven’t sailed the Wish yet but watching videos it seems they are offered to kids but if adults seem interested they will give you one. I personally plan on getting one. :)

They were only given to our children on our 9/5 sailing but we didn’t ask for them for the adults.

Was on Labor Day weekend and we didn't even see where they were giving them away. Two adults with no kids.

They gave us each one on the 9/12 sailing. 2 Adults. We didn't get them when we first embarked, but we didn't realize that they were giving them out until we saw them while we were looking out over the Grand Hall from up above. Later we were walking through while people and people were still trickling in. They gave them out with no problems.

I'm not sure what lead me to think it, but I was really expecting that the wands would interact with shipboard elements, kind of like SotMK, or the MagiQuest wands at Great Wolf Lodge, or the wands at Universal's Wizarding World, or even the MagicBand+ and the 50th anniversary statues.

There are several times where you're asked to take out your wands and wish for things, so I guess they're 'interactive' in that way, but I was thinking that they'd at least interact with the Enchanted Artwork or something. I probably just assumed it based on all those other interactive wand applications being out there. Seems like it would have been a no-brainer for Disney to incorporate the wishing wands in this way.

I'm not sure what lead me to think it, but I was really expecting that the wands would interact with shipboard elements, kind of like SotMK, or the MagiQuest wands at Great Wolf Lodge, or the wands at Universal's Wizarding World, or even the MagicBand+ and the 50th anniversary statues.

There are several times where you're asked to take out your wands and wish for things, so I guess they're 'interactive' in that way, but I was thinking that they'd at least interact with the Enchanted Artwork or something. I probably just assumed it based on all those other interactive wand applications being out there. Seems like it would have been a no-brainer for Disney to incorporate the wishing wands in this way.
Might be that the original concept was something more interactive as you described, but they had to scale back their ambitions with the pandemic delays.

So are these given out as you board? Just adults, but I have a Disney Princess guest room and would love to add that with Cinderella's Royal Table wand.

So are these given out as you board? Just adults, but I have a Disney Princess guest room and would love to add that with Cinderella's Royal Table wand.
There will be 1 or 2 cast members handing them out in the Grand/Great/Don'trememberwhattheycalleditwhenwewereon Hall. They only seemed to seek out kids to give them to but you can ask for one and they should give it to you.

are they given to only the children or to everyone?
We just got off Wish on Friday. We didn’t know what they were, so DW asked about it and got a pretty snarky, eye-rolly “well they’re meant for kids but if you really want one…” so we said forget it. Now I wish I had insisted so we could give it to our granddaughter. Oh well.

We just got off Wish on Friday. We didn’t know what they were, so DW asked about it and got a pretty snarky, eye-rolly “well they’re meant for kids but if you really want one…” so we said forget it. Now I wish I had insisted so we could give it to our granddaughter. Oh well.
I will have absolutely no problem telling them that I would like one. Adult or not! 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter