Wk of Dec 31--WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

WISH Team

akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
Andrea718 Andrea NY
andromedaslove Dana FL
bekagain Bekah
Big Vic Vic FL
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
budbeerlady
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
Cheryl N. WI Cheryl WI
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cingoutload GA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4mk Michael GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
debm IL
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
disneyfanz04 Michelle NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disnygoof Christiana SC
disneyrun
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
dthogue Tammy PA
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
gradtchr Beth TX
hbardeleben Heather IL
hmgolden Helen NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laura NY
Honeibee Judy NY
Houstonmouse Tracey
icunurse_celeste Celeste IL
Jen117 Jen WI
Jodi Jodi CT
jodistar Jodi CT
k_hase Kim NY
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
Kaycee Kaycee KY
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
KeriZ Keri AB
Kim10110 Kim
Kimickey Kim MD
Kimwim8 Kim NJ
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
LittleMissMickey Ashley MN
lizdotcom99 Liz IN
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne
MarkMichaels Mark IA
martysmom Jenny FL
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minnie Suzy
momoftwogirls K
monte Monica CO
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
nstauffer Nikki MI
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom OH
outonarun Teri CA
Papa Deuce PA
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Princess Nancy Nancy SC
Pungodingy Angie NH
Rachael Q Rachael BC
RedSonya Sonya UT
rKyDeX Chester FL
Rockclimber Dave NC
RunningLilo Dena FL
ryley26 Rich OH
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
sjams Janet TX
skfulkers Steve OH
SoCalSnail Jim CA
solotraveler Kevin MI
Stenogoddess Lauren GA
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
thndrmatt Matt FL
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
TnTsParty FL
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
Viking Eric GE
Wbgirl Melissa MN
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
wfloyd Bill FL
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
wiskband Renee NY
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME

Thanks to everyone for all the nice words. I don't really do much around here. I actually think of it as an honor and a privilege to be associated with such a fine group of folks :love: I got to showoff my bling collection at Xmas and would never have made it through any of those races without all of you! :grouphug:

Today's run is entitled "Dancing with Squirrels" or "Gremlins Got Garmin"...you choose. I did run with orthotics (not as exciting as on the TM). First mile seemed okay (11:41), second was a bit slow (12:50), third (6.56)...????. Garmin musta thought I was running with Christa or something. Then mile 4 came in at 16+. I get almost home, look at garmin to see how much further til 5 miles...and it says 4.45 miles.....WHAT?????? So no clue as to pace today.

And I almost smushed a squirrel. He was on the sidewalk, stood there trying to decide which way to go as I was coming, went one way, then stopped dead in front of me and turned around. I nearly tripped over both of us trying not to step on the poor thing.

Colleen...I was :lmao: over your dream. Sorry to have figured so prominently in it. It doesn't look like we'll be needing to sport the 'homeless' look for this race, but Howard is the guy who pointed out last year that I forgot to put my chip on my shoe :eek:

Terri...I'm nervous this year, too, and have no idea why. I'm less nervous about the WISH meets this year....last year, I was meeting most everyone for the first time!

Pat...s'ok...I'll take the rap for the weather this year ;) I love the temp forecast, but would pay money if WDW can promise no humidity. We're looking at record highs in the low 80s this weekend, but there should be a little cold front that gets us back to normal before marathon weekend.

Kristi...good luck on that XT!

Lynnda...glad to see you're feeling better!

Mel...:wizard: for the boy!

Lynne...congrats on honor society and your HI rotation! I can't complain too much about rotations...I didn't get to go to HI, but all mine were around here.

Heather...pinch for ya! Glad your stress test went ok!

I did have a marathon dream last night but it was totally bizarre. We've spent the past week watching Star Trek Voyager reruns recorded from the Spike marathon so my marathon dream involved the Borg :confused: So now y'all know one of my other deep dark secrets...I watched a lot of Star Trek growing up :rolleyes1

Just one question for everyone: are y'all ready to do this thing?

I missed out on the beginning
So this is all history
But here is the story
As it was told to me.

A lady named karebear,
Back in 2004,
Posted an innocent question
On the WISH board.

She wanted to know
Would folks join in her quest
To walk the WDW half.
Surely this was a jest!

But WISH folks signed on
Even some that we know
Lily, Heather and Sunny
Joined in for the show.

Their enthusiasm was infectious
As they went to the race.
They were inspirations to all
Who continue in their place.

Now the WISH team sets out
On its third year of fun.
It’s grown and evolved
From what was begun.

We are walkers and runners
And triathletes.
We’ve talked about everything
From our heads to our feet.

New shoes, new clothes
New gear to report.
There’s always something to buy
For our chosen ‘free’ sport.

We did find there’s one thing
Some can go without.
“Go Commando or Go Home”
About half of us shout.

We’ve had a new baby this year
And two more that we’ll meet.
We’ve also found new characters...
Iceman, Batman and good ‘ol ZB.

But what continues to amaze me
That hasn’t changed yet
Is how well we have gelled as a team
On the ‘net.

We’re separated by distance,
Many miles for most.
Yet we get closer and closer
With each little post.

You guys are the best!
A true racing TEAM.
With support and advice,
It’s like an amazing dream.

So it’s almost here
Our annual event.
The ressies are made,
The money is spent.

I look forward to seeing everyone.
The weekend’s almost here!
And hey, by the way,
Who’s ready to train for next year?

I've been in lurking mode for weeks now, but before everyone is packed and on the road/plane I just want to say GOOD LUCK to all who are headed to WDW for the full and the half. I'll be there in spirit with all of you, and will be checking the boards faithfully to see how everyone does. It's been so much fun listening in through all the ups and downs of training, and I know everyone will do great! :goodvibes

Mel - The poem is amazing!

Dave - Have an extra special time with the princesses. Hope the birthday celebration is out of this world!

Jackie

Oh Mel, I love the poem. It brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to see all of my friends again! :hug: :love:

5. Draft behind Calcio or Thunder Matt during the Marathon.

I will spot you with my secret pair of eyes in the back of my head and bob and weave!

Got in my last 9 miler LR today, but DW had to skip hers due to major soreness from snowboarding yesterday (yeah I know we were asking for an injury there, but we got lucky). So the furthest she went is 8 nonstop, but she's still confident that all the crowds and fellow WISH scream teamers on the side of the road will let her finish the full 13. I'm pretty sore, and todays pace was only 9:45mpm ish, so we'll see if 10mpm is still workable come next Sunday. Thinking I'll take 3 days rest, then run maybe 2mi, then 3 more days rest before the race.

We're almost there! :scared1:

Let's talk weather.............OH MY, IT WILL BE HOT!!!!

I am going to have to rethink everything! I was always thinking another 35 degree start like last year, but now a 60 degree start. I am going to melt!! I spoke to a friend who ran it 2 years ago when it was hot and she was hoping for a 4:45 finish time and she ended up 5:30!

Lily, can you remember how hot it was 2 years ago?

Colleen
Yes, I DO. I did not enjoy the heat it much. It was my first ever half and I am hoping that had a lot to do with things. I really liked last year...perfect. I am trained up 2 years since and if I must, I can walk it out. I will be drenched. As Christa, I sweat and tons. So, I will be carrying a water bottle then to get me along I'm thinking. Have to ponder this some. I know they have plenty of water stations, just not sure if I want to trust it. I think one 8 oz. bottle on the belt will make me feel secure, but the added weight may not. I've got a sleeveless WISH shirt and that will get me through the full. It's airy, I just need to be prepared for heat. I've got the cold weather prepped.

:eek:

The poem is great! :banana: :banana:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Thunder, thunder, thunderation!
We're the WISH group delegation.
When we move with determination,
We create a Great! sensation!

LOL I totally forgot to mention, DW and I are out here in Cali visiting the parents for Xmas/New Years, and what better way to ring in 2007 than being at the happiest place on earth. :banana:

I was there on 12/31 99/00/01/02/03/04 before finally missing a year in 05 when visiting DW in London, but making it 7 out of 8 this year! And for the first time, I won't be the only one with no one to plant a big wet one on! :rotfl2:

good morning -- can't believe i'll be on a aeroplane this friday!!

got all my long walks in and strongly. battled a sinus infection after my 11 miler -- but all good now.

been reading menus and planning my dining! that's so fun!

i wore our WISH shirt this past saturday and found the neck scratchy? did anyone else? i may cut the neckline out? especially with the warm forecast!

does anyone know if there will be only clif bars on the route, no powergel or gu this year?

Great poem Mel!

Well, finally I got to get a workout in after being sick. I was afraid how rotten I would feel and how much stamina I lost. It wasn't too bad. I did a
5K this morning in 41:36. That's under 14 mpm pace, so I was pleases. Gotta stay ahead of the sweepers.

My iPod battery died after the first mile. So after that I just focused on my steps during the run portion. I did w4/r2 and w4/r3 intervals. Just focusing on the steps kept my mind occupied, so I wasn't worried about how far i was going. If I can stay focused like that next weekend I might be ok.

I won't be checking the boards until later tonight. Gonna celebrate the last night of the year with an Eagles division title! :goodvibes

Happy New Year everybody!

Terri

Mel...that is an amazing poem!!

After thinking about the anticipated temperature for the races, I think I will carry a water bottle or 2 with me. Especially since I havent gotten any warm weather training in lately, I think the extra weight will be justified with the ability to take a drink whenever I need to. And I can always refill the bottles at the water stations if I need to.

You'd think living in the desert would have me ready for a warm marathon, but I have 12 inches of snow in my front yard! I know that is nothing for some of you guys, but it is a record amount down here! Heck, the city shuts down on an inch of snow. No long runs for me this weekend. My Kayano's didnt come with the optional snowshoe attachment :lmao: .

Leave for the World on Wednesday!! Can't wait! :woohoo:

Paul

Although I am registered for the 1/2, we decided early on this year that making another trip to WDW for the 1/2 was just going to be impossible. I think with making that decision, it also allowed me to let go of all my good senses where eating and exercising was concerned. I also ended up not visiting the WISH board and have missed out on so much.

With that being said, I wanted to stop by and tell you all that I will be thinking of each and every one of you. I know you all will do great and I'll be watching and reading what everyone has to say about their experience.

The poem was great!!!

Keep up the great work everyone, have a wonderful beginning to 2007. No resolutions for me as some do, but I can say that I am thankful to be getting back in gear to get back in shape and lose this extra weight.

Have a wonderful, safe trip!!!

Hi Team,

Sorry I didn't get to post for the past couple of days, I did work on the ellipitical last night - - diff set at 3, for 30 minutes.....felt pretty good. Yesterday, I was actually supposed to do work with my personal trainer but when I went to try and use the ATM it wouldn't take my card -- so, I had run to another machine and it wouldn't work there -- it said it was an invalid card and to contact my financial institution......I was so scared!

Anyhow, after going to two banks I finally called my bank (I was on hold for about a half hour)....turns out the strip on my card was no longer working they will be sending me a new one. Whew thank god! I had all kinds of things running through my head.

So I have rescheduled my training session....my trainer and I will be getting together tomorrow morning.

Still nervous about marathon weekend -- but I will do my best! Don't get me wrong --- I'm really excited too!

One more thing -- I probably won't post again until tomorrow morning, but wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Tammy, :hug: thank you for being our cheerleader! It is great to hear from you. Sorry you won't be there with us. Stop by the walking/running thread more often. We're here for you as you work your way onward and downward.

Paul, safe traveling. Wow! 12 inches of snow for you. We've had fantastic training weather on the North Coast. My ITB issue has caused me to not take complete advantage of it, but it is great to train. Your comment solidified that I will take a bottle with me and refill along the route if needed.

Matt, enjoy your celebration!

Molli, I think there are gels being distributed along the course. I'll go back and check my program. Haven't noticed the neck thing. Maybe cutting it some would be the answer. I think Sunny did that last year?

Happy celebrations to all if I don't get back here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter