Woman climbs into lion's den at the Bronx Zoo

Strange how onlookers just recorded it and talked casually. The whole thing is just ODD!!

And I am with PP, I think she was on something.
You don’t live in NY lol. Odd behavior abounds- people do weird and crazy everyday. You kind of get immune to it. Not.

That’s a good question and I agree it sounds incredible. I guess she just got lucky (if you can call it that) to slip in and out without being seen by any zoo personnel. Of course there are lots of staff and volunteers, but it’s a large zoo that’s very spread out. There are some areas, like the exhibits inside buildings, where you see staff more often, and other places where you don’t see them much except at feeding times (although there are always some working behind the scenes in non-public areas).
Same thing I was wondering- are they so understaffed that no one noticed? Not until it went viral?

Go to a National Park. You’ll see folks doing all sorts of dangerous things. You have to go into the backcountry to escape them.

I’m sure the backstory for why she went out there is a hoot.

Zoo yorker, is anyone really surprised?

Actually yes, I am. In the decades I've lived here, I don't think I've ever heard of another incident. As you insinuated, this is a city where people can be crazy, stupid, reckless & daring. I'm kind of shocked that it is actually that EASY to get into both the lion exhibit and the giraffes'. And more shocked that it hasn't been done before since it is that easy.

If this idiot woman had somehow gotten mauled by the lion, or fell into the moat, her family could have sued the Zoo saying they hadn't installed proper enclosures to keep people OUT. :sad2:

This reminds me of the Arizona Zoo in March, where a woman climbed a wall low enough to get over so she could take a selfie by a jaguar, who ended up sticking his paw though the fence and mauling her. She at first said it was her fault. Then a lawyer got to her, and last I read, she's now claiming it's the Zoo's fault. :rolleyes:

If any of you watch Live PD this woman was shown on the show. She also went into the Giraffes area. She took a picture with the NY pd....Here name is Myha 32 years old...…..

Now, her friends are worried about her mental health as she keeps taunting the NYPD to come find her. She, (probably a relative,) finally set her online account to private.

Sounds like her family & friends are already setting her legal defence in motion - that she's mentally ill right now. And that it is, indeed the Zoo's fault for not having better barriers to have stopped her. :rolleyes:

This is why we can’t have nice things. Someone comes along and does something ridiculously stupid and then another level of security goes up and ruins it for everyone.

Now, her friends are worried about her mental health as she keeps taunting the NYPD to come find her. She, (probably a relative,) finally set her online account to private.

Sounds like her family & friends are already setting her legal defence in motion - that she's mentally ill right now. And that it is, indeed the Zoo's fault for not having better barriers to have stopped her. :rolleyes:
What I heard from the show is that she is wanted for trespassing. They did not mention any other charges. How are you?

I'd like to see her go to jail and have community service when she gets out. She endangered the lions life, so that she could look cool. What a selfish moron. She's not mentally ill, and who cares if she was high. There's no excuse for her behavior.
How do you know she isn’t mentally ill?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter