Wonder Heading Back to Port Canaveral?

Wonder was anchored around Grenada just for a few hours. Now she is heading towards Barbados her eta is 13 June around 6 am. Dream has an eta of 13 June 11 am also for Barbados.

How likely do we think it is that the Wonder will do the San Diego sailings?

Given the cost to go through the canal, how relatively less popular the mexican riviera cruises are, and the fact that there is no vaccine or antibody test in sight... I think not good. Like @PrincessShmoo though I do not work for DCL or have concrete knowledge so maybe I am wrong!

How likely do we think it is that the Wonder will do the San Diego sailings?
I have a San Diego cruise booked in October, but I think I I'll just move the deposit before I have to pay in full. There's no way the Wonder will come all the way back here just for a month in SD... if it does, I will be very happy and just try to grab an open stateroom I guess!

I have a San Diego cruise booked in October, but I think I I'll just move the deposit before I have to pay in full. There's no way the Wonder will come all the way back here just for a month in SD... if it does, I will be very happy and just try to grab an open stateroom I guess!
We also have a cruise booked on the Wonder for October and are going to do the same, move the deposit before the PIF date. We already have airfare booked so yeah, if it does sail then maybe we can still grab a cabin lol.

Given the cost to go through the canal, how relatively less popular the mexican riviera cruises are, and the fact that there is no vaccine or antibody test in sight... I think not good. Like @PrincessShmoo though I do not work for DCL or have concrete knowledge so maybe I am wrong!

that’s what I think as well! I have clients on a late October sailing and just told them that they should look a possible plan B cruise if they want to sail this year.

Actually if you want an antibody test you can have one done at most Quest Diagnostic labs. It cost me $119. dollars. COVID-19 Immune Response (SARS-CoV-2 AB IGG) . Not sure how accurate the results are.

Actually if you want an antibody test you can have one done at most Quest Diagnostic labs. It cost me $119. dollars. COVID-19 Immune Response (SARS-CoV-2 AB IGG) . Not sure how accurate the results are.

You're right, I should have clarified a RELIABLE antibody test. My insurer won't do them because they aren't reliable at present, which is enough for me to not want to spend money on having someone else do it if it can't be trusted.

We also have a cruise booked on the Wonder for October and are going to do the same, move the deposit before the PIF date. We already have airfare booked so yeah, if it does sail then maybe we can still grab a cabin lol.
that’s what I think as well! I have clients on a late October sailing and just told them that they should look a possible plan B cruise if they want to sail this year.

We also have an October cruise booked on the Wonder. I am thinking I will wait it out- either sail, or apply the 125% (if DCL still offers) when it is cancelled it to the March cruise I have booked as a back up. For those who are canceling before PIF, what is your reasoning? Would love all opinions in case I need to change my thinking...
Thank you!

We also have an October cruise booked on the Wonder. I am thinking I will wait it out- either sail, or apply the 125% (if DCL still offers) when it is cancelled it to the March cruise I have booked as a back up. For those who are canceling before PIF, what is your reasoning? Would love all opinions in case I need to change my thinking...
Thank you!
For us, it's just cash flow... we just don't want to have the $ tied up I guess. We had an April 2020 cancelled and moved that with the 125% credit to April 2021, so we have a few $1000 in DCL's bank account already.
We also have a $2000 credit from a DVC points rental (Aulani closed and no cash refunds) that we will probably use at WDW summer 2021. So I'm thinking to move this deposit to something on the Dream next year, and push the PIF til next March or April.

Thank you!
For us it's cash flow, as we already have money tied up in two 2021 cruises. Also, we are from Canada and right now the border is closed. Technically it's closed for LAND crossings only so we could still fly BUT we have a mandatory 14 day quarantine in place upon our return (who knows when they will lift that), I can't buy proper travel medical insurance due to the Pandemic and there are not a lot of flights going to the US at the moment from Canada, again because of the border restrictions.

Thank you!

I went ahead and PIF because if our November Panama Canal cruise is cancelled, I would like to take advantage of the FCC. I, too, wondered why people were cancelling before their PIF and have not seen a logistical reason other than cash flow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter