Wonder's Dry Dock in Sept 2004 moved to Oct 2004. Why?

westjones

DIS Veteran
I am thrilled that we are now able to sail on my twin DD's birthday next year in September. I had been watching for the 7 day cruises to possibly open up on September 19th, but didn't expect the 3/4 day cruises to open that week.

Wasn't the Wonder suppose to be in dry dock next September at this time? Did they change the date for it's dry dock? Anyone know why they went ahead and added those 3 and 4 day cruise in September 2004?

Well it has worked out well for us, we get to go on a 4 day cruise that starts on my twins birthday and then spend 2 days at WDW afterwards. I am so hoping that there will be a 7 day cruise that sails over their birthday in 2005 (anyone know when these dates might come out)?

Anyway, just wondering what is happening with the Wonder. Will they do a dry dock another time now?
DJ

You know, it looks like DCL is moving their Wonder dry dock to October in 2004 instead of September. I sure hope this is a trend because we always seem to have problems scheduling our cruises because of the dry dock schedule.

Gee I feel sorry for those people who had already made reservations to be on those October cruises. Doesn't that seen strange for them to do something like that? Change the dates and take two weeks away in October that had already be out for reservations and put the two weeks back into September?

Anyway, it was good for us. We started taking our girls on the cruise for their birthday when they turned 7 and had hoped to follow this tradition until their 17th birthday (once they are in college it won't be an option). So we are excited! But still, it seems strange for them to move things like that. Was anyone here scheduled for a 3 or 4 day in the middle of October 2004? Did they call and tell you your cruise is no longer on the schedule?
DJ

Opps! I said the middle of October was the ones dropped from the schedule, and I just looked and it was the beginning of October that is being dropped:

4 Night DCL that is now off the schedule:
Oct. 3
Oct. 10

3 Night DCL that is now off the schedule:
Oct. 7
Oct. 14

This is according to the official DCL website where you can go can get quotes. I was able to book onto the 4 day September 19th cruise yesterday, and up until yesterday it was not on the schedule. So they must have moved the Wonder's dry dock to the beginning of October.

Interesting. I hope no one had made reservations to be on these sailings, but I did wonder if anyone was on them and if Disney called you ahead of time to let you know these were no longer available.
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter