Woodfields Florida Foray Day 5

floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY - DAY 5
DD#1 took charge of the laundry room and bless her it became her job for the duration of the holiday but she did it most days with no complaints at all (must have done something right!!) Everyone had breakfast and then we all met up and got the I-ride up to Pointe Orlando. This is one place that I don’t rate at all and have always found that it has an odd feel to it. I cant put my finger on it but I just don’t feel comfortable here! The giant toyshop has closed down which was to me a huge disappointment!! The girls looked around while us oldies found a bench in a sun trap out of the wind which is where we stayed until the girls rounded us up and moved us up to the Mercado where we had a really wonderful coffee and where we found internet access just so DD#1 could catch up on emails etc! I purchased our Titanic tickets and just by pure luck there was a tour starting so we made our way very quickly to the entrance and entered straight away. Our tour guide was a real ‘sea faring' looking gent and he was a real character which livened things up and helped you get the real feel of the exhibition. This had changed slightly since we last went 4 years ago but we still found it as moving as before and we still found it really fascinating. I would recommend it especially for anyone who is interested at all in the Titanic!!
We caught the I-ride back to the resort (but the girls carried on down to do some serious shopping down at the Mall). MIL, DH and myself explored the resort (wrapped up in hats and gloves as the wind was so cold) and we all decided that we would definitely come again in the warmer months as there was so much to do that wouldn’t be enjoyable in the weather we were experiencing.
We had a phone call from the girls at about 7 to say that they had gone to see Mike and that they were going out for the evening with him and a group of his friends so we phoned for a Pizza and had a quite evening in!!

You know I might just do the Titanic tour this year, we nearly made it last time, but got caught up with my other favorite passtime ... shopping. :rotfl:

Sue :wave:

I know what you mean about Pointe Orlando - been there a few times and didn't really get on with any of the shops :confused3 Shame the FAO Schwartz(sp?) has closed down.

Anz :earsgirl:

We felt Pointe Orlando was really creepy - and there was no-one there even on a holiday weekend so it seemed worse!

Still, plenty more shops elsewhere :blush:

Thanks for a lovely trip report.

I am going to give Pointe Orlando a miss. I had planned a visit because it is opposite where we are staying but after seeing what you have said Mazda a couple of times of these forums I will go somewhere else.

If its right opposite (i.e. you can walk it in 5 mins) I'd still pop in - I did manage to buy a pair of nice Adidas joggers (pale blue and fleecy rather than navy/orange nylon!) in Footlocker and there is one shop selling very nice bath products (can't remember the name but we bought some lovely bath stuff - wish I'd bought more but difficult when flying - bags were heavy enough :guilty: ). But I wouldn't get the car out or make a special trip when you could be driving somewhere nicer with better bargains :rotfl:

Thanks Mazda for your advice. We are staying in the Rosen Centre which is a large V shaped pink hotel which I believe is on the opposite side of the road to Pointe Orlando, not sure exactly how far it is. I did think the lads would enjoy laserquest in Pointe Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter