Woolly's pre-trip report

Woolly

Devon is Heaven
Firstly, all of this is assuming the weather holds fair and we get there. I am optimistic at the moment.

We leave on Saturday 11th from the North-West Devon coast and drive to Ashford for an overnight stay, before getting the Eurostar Sunday, mid-morning. Can I just add that we always like our overnight stay at Ashford and it is very much a part of the holiday.

Me (42)
Wife (36)
Daughter (nearly 6)
Son and Daughter (nearly 3)

Staying at the Disneyland Hotel for 4 nights.

Eating out at Hotel New York, Cafe Mickey, Lucky Nugget, The Cinderella one (for the girls) and Annette's Diner (for me and the boy) and somewhere else tha tI can't remember.

Hoping to see and do everything we can, especially Toy Storyland stuff. My Wife likes to get us all up nice and early to be the first to breakfast each day. These are long days. At least I get some more relaxing time in the evenings, compared to the summer.

Really looking forward to it but always aware of the potential for Eurostar chaos, especially coming back.

Not looking forward to driving home 5-6 hours when we get off the train at 8 ish on Thursday night (plenty of Red Bull). Probably be home at 2 in the morning. I don't have work but my wife has to be at work.

I then have my work Christmas meal on the Friday evening so will be well and truly knackered for that.

This will be my 4th time to DLP and the DLH and I have never had a bad holiday. The only issue we ever have is the turmoil checking in on the way back but now we plan for that so it isn't unexpected.

Mind you, this is my first winter trip. Yet to see whether we'll do another winter one.

Sounds like its gonna be a great trip - we always get up early too and have the whole day in the Parks - we usually end up fairly knackered after our holiday too but hey ho thats all aprt of the Disney experience! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Well, we're off in the morning for our drive to Ashford. Weather loooks good so should have no problems getting to DLP.

Have booked an extra evening meal at Inventions for a treat. Camera and Video camera are ready. Kids are ready. Car ready (apart from tyre pressure. Haven't done that yet). Me and the wife are ready (apart from a bit of last minute packing tonight).

Ready to rumble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter