Working from Home while Traveling

I'm confused by people who say they don't see how they can get anything done in a car. I've had some of my most productive hours in a car!
Son in the back seat sleeping, husband driving and listening to music, me just focused on my computer with no distractions. (Mercifully I don't get motion sickness.) Obviously if we drive for 8 hours I'm not going to get in 8 hours of work because of stops, etc., but if we drive for 16 hours I could probably pull of 8 hours of real work.

Like I said before, I think this question is so job-specific, so if you and your boss are comfortable that you're getting your work done, I don't see the problem

It worked out well for me on our last trip in 2012. I took the first driving stage from 4am to when my first email/call came in around 9:30am. At that point I pulled off and my DW drove from then till around 3:00 pm (Summer Hours) which included a stop for lunch and 1 or 2 breaks. Typically, we try to do 4 to 5 hour stages at a time. My kids 8 & 5 are super awesome travelers. Then again, between DVD's DS games, reading, coloring books, iPads etc. there is so much to keep them entertained. And I got to tell you the time in the car flies by when you are working... :banana:

Hopefully it goes the same in April...:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter