Worried and need your opinions

LOVEDISNEYLAND

<font color=deeppink>You brought so much joy and p
I just paid our Dec trip off last week :yay: and I asked my travel agent when I could come down and get all the doc's for our trip and she said that all the travel agents are not giving paper vouchers (sorry about spelling)any more for your hotel, DL tickets or airlines tickets because they want to save the trees and so I asked her how do we go about getting all our tickets and everything and she said that they have all the info in the computer and that you just give them your name. well.... I'm really worried that something is going to get all screwed up and they won't have our names in the computer and we will have no way of proving that we did buy the tickets and be out of luck and this would ruin our trip :scared: Did anyone elses travel agent tell them the same thing or is this just a Washington state thing? :confused3

On our last trip (Dec. 2005) we went through a travel agent and were given vouchers for everything. Even if a paper document isn't required for hotel and air check-in, it sure is nice to have all that Disney material to read. Can you call the hotel and airlines directly to confirm your reservations?

Well, you'll probably be fine -- but you should contact the travel agency again and insist on having paper copies of what you've scheduled and paid for -- go to the supervisor if you need to. I've never had any problem with e-tickets with no paper copy for airlines -- but you should have your confirmation numbers at least, for the other stuff.

Did your travel agent book through Walt Disney Travel? If so Disney will send the documents directly to your TA about 21 days before your departure date. Your TA should also have received many faxes from WDTC about your trip confirming everything. I would definitely insist on some kind of writen verification for everything.

We booked through a travel agent for our trip last month, and we had vouchers for everything too.

I booked with Alaska Airlines this trip as I have done before, instead of vouchers, which we have gotten before, I got an e-mail with all the info and instructions, but basically it is paperless. I quess that is the new world. I would suggest calling the hotel and making sure you are booked there, it will give you peace of mind.

samkj said:
Did your travel agent book through Walt Disney Travel? If so Disney will send the documents directly to your TA about 21 days before your departure date. Your TA should also have received many faxes from WDTC about your trip confirming everything. I would definitely insist on some kind of writen verification for everything.

I was going to say that as well. And if it is booked thru WDT, you will get a hotel voucher and actual park hoppers in your package.

I live in Seattle and we booked thru Costco. I just got all of our documents including park passes and a bunch of other stuff too - everything was printed on paper.

Dis Ohana said:
On our last trip (Dec. 2005) we went through a travel agent and were given vouchers for everything. Even if a paper document isn't required for hotel and air check-in, it sure is nice to have all that Disney material to read. Can you call the hotel and airlines directly to confirm your reservations?

I called the hotel and they did not have any reservations on file for us, so I called my travel agent and she said that they won't have our name of file until 5 days before we arrive which I thought was pretty odd. :confused3 I have not checked any of the other reservations and I know a lot of others were wondering if my travel agency booked through Walt Disney vacations and the answer to that is no, she did not. the package we booked through that the agency books through is called ALL ABOUT CALIFORNIA. That's what it says on our itinerary. I sent an e-mail to the lady who I booked the vacation through (the owner) so hopfully I'll hear from her in the next couple of days. I am still very worried about this paperless process. I have booked through this agency in the past (our last trip to DL Feb 06) with the same women who is the owner and had to issues, but that is when we had all our vouchers so I was not worried. :confused3 :confused3

Ok, saying they booked thru "All About" clarifies a lot. All about is a travel wholesale company. They buy blocks of rooms, tickets, etc, then package it up and resell it to the traveler. The hotel just knows that they have XX rooms for All About. All about can do what they want with them. So, when it gets close to time they'll let the hotel know the names of the guests.

All about is a good company that has been around a long time. I know that 14 years ago when I went to travel school they were a good company. I'm sure you'll be fine.

If they won't give you paper copies of stuff, ask them for an email confirmation or something like that. Then you could print the email off and have a hard copy.

Try another TA. Ask them if you get your papers or not. If so, demand the papers from them or threaten to cancel on them...

Bring in paper from home and MAKE them print out your vouchers! Tell them the trees are already dead and your happy disposition will be too if they don't print out what you want.

Seriously though, I'm sure you'll be fine without but that's not the point. There's no way I would go on vacation without my neat little folder with all the necessary papers in order.

Good luck!

Okay, so I got everthing all squared away and my travel agent says that the company (ALL ABOUT CALIFORNIA TOURS) will be mailing her the vouchers for my trip and they should be at her office by next week :cool1: she even e-mailed me confirmation numbers today. I told her she was the best and as soon as H and I come back from this trip we will be booking another one with her for next Christmas :santa: and that this would be a new tradition for us. She was very helpful and sweet and I would highly recommend her to anyone :thumbsup2 So..... thank you guys so much for being such good listeners :grouphug: You all are awsome!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I am so glad you double-checked and that everything is working out for you. Hope you have a great trip! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter