WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

But DON'T DRINK THE WATER!! Seriously, the water taste like it came from a outside hose.

This makes me laugh. During our last trip in 2013, we utilized the free ice water at CS restaurants many, many times. We were in Mexico at one point and needed some water, so I went to the CS place there (the name escapes me) and got it. When we were splitting among our mugs I noticed it was a faint brown color. It didn't taste bad, and we're all still here to tell the tale, but I told my wife that they went the extra mile to make sure it was 100% authentic. We had a good laugh over that.

In regards to the water in general, all the ice water we got was filtered through the soda fountain, so at least there is that. We didn't drink water from the tap in our rooms though (minus teeth brushing, but you don't drink much there) so I can't comment on it all too much more than that.

I recently had dinner at Trattoria al Forno and was really excited for it because of another positive dining experience. While the food was delicious, the service was so outrageously bad that I need to take a break from that restaurant for a while. On the upside, I sent an email to WDW guest experience and not only did they call me to have me relay the story, the also sent me a $50 gift card to use for another dinner in August. It doesn't make up for sh!tty service, but I have to give kudos to WDW for really trying to make things right.

In 2013 my husband and I had a poor experience at California Grill. It was soon after it reopened and we were very excited but the food and the service were just blah all around. We had high expectations and perhaps that was our downfall. But honestly the food and service were better at the 50's Prime Time. And Jiko's blew California Grill out of the water. Jiko's was amazing in every way.

In 2013 my husband and I had a poor experience at California Grill. It was soon after it reopened and we were very excited but the food and the service were just blah all around. We had high expectations and perhaps that was our downfall. But honestly the food and service were better at the 50's Prime Time. And Jiko's blew California Grill out of the water. Jiko's was amazing in every way.
LOVE Jiko. Always top-notch food and service.

Ohana - bad service, terrible food, expensive for what you get. Wont go back
The Wave - breakfast was ok, service ok, but we felt like we were dining in a noisy cave. It was a depressing meal.
Bongos - past visits were good, took a coworker there for dinner and it was awful food and service.

This makes me laugh. During our last trip in 2013, we utilized the free ice water at CS restaurants many, many times. We were in Mexico at one point and needed some water, so I went to the CS place there (the name escapes me) and got it. When we were splitting among our mugs I noticed it was a faint brown color. It didn't taste bad, and we're all still here to tell the tale, but I told my wife that they went the extra mile to make sure it was 100% authentic. We had a good laugh over that.

In regards to the water in general, all the ice water we got was filtered through the soda fountain, so at least there is that. We didn't drink water from the tap in our rooms though (minus teeth brushing, but you don't drink much there) so I can't comment on it all too much more than that.

:rotfl2:

Ohana - bad service, terrible food, expensive for what you get. Wont go back
The Wave - breakfast was ok, service ok, but we felt like we were dining in a noisy cave. It was a depressing meal.
I love Ohana. Every time that we are in WDW, I would go there, if there weren't so many other places to go to.

I know it is popular but for us the quality vs price and just overcrowded room is not us. We have not seen consistency in the food or service. Would rather take the same amount and go to the Brazilian Steakhouse for better.

Sadly, the worst dining experience to date was at the Brown Derby at HS in 2013; one year after having had one of the best dining experiences there. Everything 2013 that I'd raved about to others had been awful in 2014: Moist chops, 2013 were dried-out on our visit in 2014; Their famous, totally-amazing salad, 2013 was soggy and flavorless, in 2014; the excellent, knowledgeable service, 2013, became, "Are-you-kidding-me?!-awful", in 2014; and...well, you get my point. And, I realize these variances have the potential to occur from time to time, and across the board, so I'm always willing to try again, but the last time I mentioned Brown Derby to others in our usual gang, the response was a resounding, "NO! Please, no!"

As for the Disney Water Phenomenon, I've been finding it fascinating to read, thanks to those contributors who are far-more-informed about these things than I. I'm one of those who find Disney water perfectly potable, but somewhat objectionable in taste/smell. Being a New England gal, I've been exposed to many end-sources - well, spring, reservoir, and highly-treated, "sub-grade", suburban/urban H20 - all of which I can discern a distinct difference between. And I even recall, as a child, being scolded by my grandmother for not wanting to drink her well water! She'd tell me, "This is the good stuff! Not like you get in the big city!", which is now funny, because my "big city" was a little, reservoir-fed town of about 32,000 people!

...And I'd always been incredulous about reports that NYC pizza is a thing unto itself because of the water used to make the dough. I no longer doubt that to be true.

Lastly - and also water-related - I bought an OKO filtered water bottle for a 2012 trip to Italy, which wound up being totally unnecessary given the great water quality in those places I'd visited. I mention this only because I was equally-fascinated to, much later, see a video of someone pouring a dark cola product into the bottle, and when it was squeezed out of the nozzle, via the filter, the resulting liquid was clear! I've not bothered ruining a filter to try it, myself, but I can say that I've occasionally used the same water bottle at Disney (for convenience, mostly), and found no end-smell or taste...And, I do mean NO end smell or taste, whatsoever! It's almost as if it completely lacks any characteristics of expected refreshment whatsoever! Might any of you "more-science-y" folk chime in? Could this oddity be because the expected mineral/other substance content of water is also, detrimentally, being filtered out?

I know it is popular but for us the quality vs price and just overcrowded room is not us. We have not seen consistency in the food or service. Would rather take the same amount and go to the Brazilian Steakhouse for better.
What restaurant are you talking about?

Worst experience I ever had was Coral Reef.... We were served slimy stinky chicken and they couldn't tell us what ingredients were in the Lobster Ravioli... We had to ask the waiter four times for a fish guide and three times for the little dolphin thingies for the glasses and we had just gotten henna done and the waiter touched my sister's arm messing her's up.

I have to ask...what could a waitress possibly have said or done that would have put you in tears?

She was just plain awful to us, bad service aside such as no refills and slow service, she huffed and rolled her eyes repeatedly. She even was rude toward our then 4 & 2 year old kids. Then when I told her that we were on the dining plan she said "Oh, of course you are!!" in a horrible way. We didn't even have free dining, we paid for the DxDDP, not that makes any difference. Since we had a horrible experience we tipped only 10%, but accidentally signed the wrong copy. She chased us into the WL lobby screaming, "You forgot to sign what you call a tip." or something to that effect. She just pushed me over the emotional edge I guess.

Now please note that I cry easily, it was toward the end of a very long trip, and I had a horrible sore throat, all of which probably made the crying more probable.:sad2: Although a waiter at Olive Garden made me cry on my husband's 40th birthday, but that is a whole different story that I can laugh about now, but at the time I felt like my husband's birthday had been ruined.

And up where Chef Mickey's is now, didn't there used to be a buffet with Goofy? It seems to me it was around 1989.
I remember another buffet in that area. I think Goofy was there- could be wishful thinking on my part. I DO remember it had the BEST chocolate cake I have ever had, and the waitress we he was nice enough to get me a large glass of ice cold milk to wash it down! And it would have been late '80's early '90's.

La cellar I have never been so sick. I was lying down on the restroom floor. I could not walk I was so sick. I am a huge germ aphobic and to this day it makes me ill thinking about the floor.

I guess my saddest was dropping $950 for dinner at Cali Grill for 8 people. Then after dinner we walked over to th eMK and my 2 teen aged sons both ate 2 foot longs at Casey's.
The food at Cali was just OK and everyone left hungry still. We spent another $50 as Casey's less than an hour after we finished.

And up where Chef Mickey's is now, didn't there used to be a buffet with Goofy? It seems to me it was around 1989.
This question has been bugging me all day but I have the answer now that I'm home.

The Contemporary Cafe occupied the space where Chef Mickey's is now. They did have a character breakfast and, I believe, a non-character dinner. Best of all, according to the Birnbaum guide in my hands right now, they did not take reservations. Can you imagine Chef Mickey's doing that today? My how the "World" has changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter