Would a Black Friday flash sale have been announced by now?

Ughhhhh should’ve gone with my gut and waited 😭😭

Edit: I take that back, our price per point before MB was 189, after was 169 LOL

Last edited:
I noticed on the add on points page BLT, CCV & SSR have a green banner that says
"Special offer: Ask a guide for details".
Is this new or something I've missed?

I noticed on the add on points page BLT, CCV & SSR have a green banner that says
I think those banners have been there for a while and the incentives were pretty weak.

Just got off the call with a guide. 171 for RR and 165 for SSR with magical beginnings.

CCV and BLT have been there. SSR is new.

So we're talking right around 150pp for direct??
If it was 150pp for direct after MB I'd be pissed at my guide LOL but no it's 173 after MB. 150 would be an even better deal than VGF this past summer

Last edited:
What a terrible deal for SSR lol.
There's some appeal to SSR direct points at $165 though... no resale restrictions and access to VDH, Riviera, etc. I mean it's not an amazing price at all but I could see this being useful to get into the DVC direct world.

Edit: although, of course, if you do want to resell, your points are immediately worth somewhere around 50-60% of what you paid DVC! Worse than driving a brand new car off the lot lol

There's some appeal to SSR direct points at $165 though... no resale restrictions and access to VDH, Riviera, etc. I mean it's not an amazing price at all but I could see this being useful to get into the DVC direct world.

Edit: although, of course, if you do want to resell, your points are immediately worth somewhere around 50-60% of what you paid DVC! Worse than driving a brand new car off the lot lol
That’s what I’m saying! The drop off in price is even worse than RIV’s at that price point given that you can get resale SSR for 80-90 pp. You might as well get the extra years at RIV and a home resort priority that can actually be of use unlike direct SSR. SSR is great on the resale market because they’re a good value, this takes away the best thing about having those SSR points which is value lmao. It being able to be used at VDH and RIV is irrelevant because so can the direct RIV points. If anything again at least you’re getting home priority at RIV. SSR direct to resale you’re looking at an 80 dollar per point drop off, RIV direct to resale probably looking at a 40-50 dollar pp drop off

Last edited:
That’s what I’m saying! The drop off in price is even worse than RIV’s at that price point given that you can get resale SSR for 80-90 pp. You might as well get the extra years at RIV and a home resort priority that can actually be of use unlike direct SSR. SSR is great on the resale market because they’re a good value, this takes away the best thing about having those SSR points which is value lmao. It being able to be used at VDH and RIV is irrelevant because so can the direct RIV points. If anything again at least you’re getting home priority at RIV. SSR direct to resale you’re looking at an 80 dollar per point drop off, RIV direct to resale probably looking at a 40-50 dollar pp drop off

Good point, good point. The only advantage is that the resale buyer can use the SSR points at many more places than the RIV points but you're right that for the original buyer, buying at RIV makes more sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter