would this be allowed/rude/weird???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerupem0kidx0x

Mouseketeer
My ds(14) is a sometimes picky eater and I was worried about him finding something he liked at BOG for lunch. I showed him the menu today and he said nothing sounds good but he still wants the experience of going there as do the rest of the family. I was thinking of having him grab something from some other QS place right before and bringing it with us to BOG but idk if that would be frowned upon? If nothing else I guess he could eat his meal first and then maybe just get a dessert with us at BOG.

My ds(14) is a sometimes picky eater and I was worried about him finding something he liked at BOG for lunch. I showed him the menu today and he said nothing sounds good but he still wants the experience of going there as do the rest of the family. I was thinking of having him grab something from some other QS place right before and bringing it with us to BOG but idk if that would be frowned upon? If nothing else I guess he could eat his meal first and then maybe just get a dessert with us at BOG.

At age 14, he should definitely be able to just eat from the same menu as the others in his family, without being so picky as to cause everyone else to have to wait for him to get a meal at a separate restaurant first.

Last edited:
1. Most CS restaurants don't have 'to go' containers or bags, usually all you'd get is an extra paper plate to cover it with.
2. By the time you get seated at BOG, the meal would be cold.

Either have him eat elsewhere before or after your meal at BOG.

In our family, you find something on the menu or you go hungry.

Well if I forced him to do it he would order something there I'd just rather not waste money on food that won't get eaten and enjoyed. He's really not THAT picky but the menu there is somewhat small and not his type of food. This is the only place our whole trip where he'd have trouble finding something he liked. I'm not going to make him go hungry on a long, hot park day. If we were at home it might be a different story but I prefer for us all all be happy and full on our vacation time and I don't feel like it would be any inconvenience for our family to stop and grab him something he would actually like to eat. Just didn't know if it'd be allowed to bring it to another QS place or not, that was the question I had...

Yes, will be allowed to bring in other food. But he would then have to either let it get cold while waiting for the rest of your or eat while you all sit and watch him. Out of curiosity, what would he be getting elsewhere that he can't get at BOG?

At age 14, he should definitely be able to just eat from the same menu as the others in his family, without being so picky as to cause everyone else to have to wait for him to get a meal at a separate restaurant first.

You could look at it as everyone in the family being happy, rather than putting a negative spin on it.

Doesn't happen at WDW, but at Disneyland we often get food at different places. I see NO need for people to be unhappy with what they eat, especially when we're paying big bucks for it.

Carrying food through a crowded park without proper to go containers sounds like a terrible idea. I would either go to a CS where everyone could eat or make him choose something at BOG. I think going to another CS waiting for him to eat and then going to another CS sounds like a waste of time.

he really would not eat a ham sandwich, a turkey sandwich, or a roast beef sandwich?
heck you could order him a child's meal of grilled cheese and soup even.

you can bring something in from another CS restaurant but as others have pointed out it will be difficult to carry it through the park and will definitely be cold by the time you sit down at BOG.

if he's so picky that he won't eat a sandwich and fries then i wonder what he'd be getting from another CS restaurant.

i don't really see a solution that will truly make everyone happy unless he enjoys cold food.

but whatever works for your family go for it.

OP to answer your question, you will be able to bring in something for your son to eat if you wish. It will not be frowned upon and you will not be told you can't. If I were you I would probably go with your second idea of him getting something first and a dessert at BOG. This is only due to the time it would take to carry it to BOG and you get seated it will be cold, unless he doesn't mind.

I think its nice that you want to accommodate him so that your entire family can have the experience together. Have a nice time and enjoy.

OP, I'm just thinking logistics as others have mentioned on here. If he chooses something cold and portable for another QS this could possibly work. I would look at the menus from Pinocchio's and Columbia Harbor House and see if there is anything there he would like. As others have noted, something like a burger and fries on a paper plate, carried through the park, is going to get pretty cold once you get inside BOG (unless you bring your own tupperware, etc.) Also know, depending on what time of day it is, the line for both QS's (even with the BOG reservation) could be quite long, so you'd be waiting to order and get his food and then waiting again at BOG. You may want to consider pre-ordering BOG for the rest of the family to cut down on your wait time there. Could it work? Sure. You will be spending an awful lot of park time standing in QS lines and getting food, however.

I have a 14yo DS as well, and I know how he eats just as you know how YOUR son eats as his mother. My DS wouldn't like any of the lunch food at BOG either. No, he doesn't eat turkey and ham sandwiches, doesn't like cheese unless it's on pizza, and doesn't eat onion soup…JUDGE away! LOL! Honestly, if you want to bring in food to BOG and have him eat it there with you, it'll be such a non-issue. Of course, you'll have to worry about the logistics of getting it there hot, etc, but that wasn't your question.

Your son can bring his meal into BOG. It will be cold unless you choose someting that is easily transported, but he can do it. The MK is nto the same as the WC in Epcot. Restaurants are not right on top of each other, and there are not may outdoor areas to congregate with food frrom different restaurants, so be prepared for that.

I am not judging that your 14 cannot find food there, but the logistics wil be awkward. We tend to choose places Ike Cosmic Rays in the MK if we want to all have different kinds of food, or in Epcot Sunshine Seasons. I find those places pretty tough as well, so if possible I avoid them No matter how well you try to plan, by the time you all order in sdifferent spots, wait for your food, and trek back to your table to meet everyone, someone is done, or someone is eating cold food.

You could also all go eat lunch at another CS as a family and then make a later lunch ADR for BOG and just all get cupcakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter