would you do disney for one day?

Candice30

World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.
i have once again changed my travel plans and looks like i will get disney in for 1 day on my next trip; decided to stay at universal since i was at disney in december and april. anyway, just can't go to florida without hitting disney one day.

i was thinking of getting the 1 day park hopper (on disney's website for $109) and really commando the parks. would you guys take this on? i was thinking of hitting stuff in mkg, epcot, and mgm. am i crazy? i really wanted to get pictures of the things pointed out to us on our kttk tour in the park since we couldn't take pics behind the scenes but i got really sick at the end of my trip in april so that is top on my list. not interested in heading over to akg.

advice please. :cool1:

Instead of spending $109.70 for a one day PH, instead spend $410.03 for a ten day No Expire PH. This can then be used on multiple trips and is protection against future price increases.

The only downside is it will sit in your wallet or drawer screaming: "Use Me!"

I would go for only 1 day and do commando, better then not at all, i need my disney fix, especially being so close! Go for it. :thumbsup2

Although it's a different situation, DH and I are doing Disney for two days. We're flying down specifically to attend the new Pirates and Princess Party on January 22. We fly down on January 21 and back home on January 23.

Cheshire Figment said:
Instead of spending $109.70 for a one day PH, instead spend $410.03 for a ten day No Expire PH. This can then be used on multiple trips and is protection against future price increases.

The only downside is it will sit in your wallet or drawer screaming: "Use Me!"

Oooh, I really like this idea if you can afford it. It's an investment...in your happiness. :thumbsup2

But commando, huh? I guess I would be tempted to pick one park and explore all the little details. Regardless, I would definitely do Disney if for no other reason than it would give you a chance to compare with Universal while the comparisons would still be fresh--not negatively, just to appreciate their differences. (There's no bashing of other theme parks here; Disney may be my favorite, but to me they're like different flavors of ice cream!)

I would be willing to do just one day if I were in the area for another reason and had a day available. But if I am going specifically to Orlando for WDW then I would not be content with anything less than 5 days :rotfl:

one time I was visiting my grandparents in FL and I begged my mom for a disney trip, (I needed my fix!!). We hadn't gone in a few years, but we only had time for a day and a half. Although I would rather have stayed longer, it definitely filled the void and tided me over till my next disney trip. I would totally go for a day if thats all i could do. (I even tried to convice my friends to stop by orlando during our senior trip to do disney for a day, they didn't go for it, but i would have loved to go for a day.)

Oh and you are totally not crazy for trying to hit all those parks. When you have been there and know where you want to go and where it is exactly, you can make amazing time. Do it!!

I actually read a trip report here several months ago written by a girl who did all 4 parks for her 20th birthday with some friends. She hit all the big thrill rides and sentimental favorites, even ate dinner in the castle during the fireworks! If you have that kind of stamina, I'd say go for it, whether you get the single-day pass or the NED pass. It's just you doing the World this trip, right? Then it is possible to hop as much as you want. :wizard:

Using DING fares from SWA I have flown down for the day and then back that night.
It is a long day but an awesome adventure.
I took our DD8 down for the expedition everest preview back in January and we had a great time. We arrived at the park at opening rode the coaster - awesome! and then had time to do whatever she wanted to.
Best father/daughter day ever :sunny:

DING! "you are now free to roam about the country"

Absolutely! Floridians do one-day trips all the time :) A lot of us actually prefer it to a whole week in one shot.

Heck yah!!! One day is better than no day!

I agree with Cheshire_Figment: if you plan on going back and can swing the No Expiration Pass go that way as it is a HUGE money saver in the long run.

I'm still using the water park features on some passes from 1998!!

thanks for the replies! i am going to check into the "no expiration" option and possibly get more days than i need. i could just kick myself as i was just at disney for 4 or 5 days in april and should have bought more days then but never thought i would be going back so soon and just didn't think about it.

thanks again!

There is no way I could just go for one day. The min amout of time I will go for is 5 days.

I would take any opportunity to go to WDW, no matter how short. But my choice would be to spend the entire day at either Epcot or MK (most likely the latter). I would not want to lose the time spent traveling between the parks.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I've done one day at WDW several times, but have always focused on one park because I wanted to recharge with my Disney fix rather than try commando touring. If I did try to do multiple parks, I'd go in with a definite plan for the attractions I wanted to see and which ones I'd hit first, second, and so on, just so that I didn't waste time (for example, showing up at the EMH park at 11:00 when everything will be bottlenecked).

I think this sounds great. I would actually love to try to hit all four parks (just to say I did it). Don't know if I could get anyone to do this with me though. Three parks in one day should be a snap, especially if you are by yourself - you can go anywhere you want when you want.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter