Would you do late night hours solo?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
I'll have the chance of staying at MK for the late night hours. Will need to take boat back to WL - Im assuming boat runs that late? Would you do the late night hours solo or not?

Absolutely! Boat/Bus run until 1/2 hr after park closes.
(Dont's forget your pom poms for that week Barb :cheer2: ) :rotfl2:

I've done late night hours 3 times, and wouldn't hesitate to do them again. Never felt the least unsafe.

I rarely leave before whatever park I'm at closes for the night. And even then I linger behind to let the crowds thin before I leave

dahirsh said:
I rarely leave before whatever park I'm at closes for the night. And even then I linger behind to let the crowds thin before I leave

I've always wanted to linger at MK but never have because of the kids. Now that I'll be taking a solo trip, I am wondering how long you can linger?

clombardi said:
I've always wanted to linger at MK but never have because of the kids. Now that I'll be taking a solo trip, I am wondering how long you can linger?

At closing we always stop at the bakery on Main St, get a snack, walk back to the seating area outside the ice cream shop and enjoy our treat while watching the castle change colors and the "stroller derby" as one of our better Jungle Cruise guides joked. Once Main St. has mostly cleared out we take our time heading out and catch one of the last buses back to our hotel.

And if you linger long enough, the castle does something very special...
it kisses you goodnight.

If you are at all concerned re leaving the park long after closing, sort of walk out with a group of people. Chances are some of them will be headed to the boats and some people will be waiting for the boat to WL.

clombardi said:
I know from personal experience (on my solo trips!) that you can linger for at least an hour. However, it must be longer than that because I read here that if you're one of the last people out of te park, you get a bus that goes to all the resorts. I've never stayed long enough to get that very last bus, that's my goal for the next solo trip. I'll let you know!

I love the evening extra magic hours, its actually one of my favorite times at the parks. With everything light up and less of a crowd, it seems almost peaceful and serene, especially away from the more popular rides. I grab a cone at the ice cream palor and just take a leisurely stroll around taking some pics along the way.

kidsister said:
And if you linger long enough, the castle does something very special...
it kisses you goodnight.

If you are at all concerned re leaving the park long after closing, sort of walk out with a group of people. Chances are some of them will be headed to the boats and some people will be waiting for the boat to WL.

Gee I have got to stay late enough this time for that to happen!!!!

the EMH solo are really great!!!

Without a doubt! The MK is by far the coolest park to do EMH after hours. Should probably keep this a secret (ssshhh!) but during Spectro and Wishes, Adventureland is deserted, and it's fab to ride the Magic Carpets, WAY UP HIGH, to watch the parade and fireworks. Awesome!

Oooooh! Defintely stay at MK for the good night kiss! It's magical having the castle area almost to yourself. The CMs were closing the area behind me after MVMCP in December, 2004!

Disney-MGM has a similar feature at the Sorcerer's Hat. Stay late and check it out! :)

The last two times I've attempted to stay at a park (Epcot) for late night hours, it has rained cats and dogs. This causes the park to empty all at once and the lines for buses to be huge. But I'm gonna try it once again, solo, at Epcot on March 17, and at Magic Kingdom on March 19. If it rains at either of those two parks on either of those two evening I'll probably give it up as a lost cause.

And don't say "You could have stayed in the park because many attractions are inside." That simply won't get it for me when I'm soaked to the bone.

Enjoy.

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYBODY

1994 Sept. - Port Orleans - French Quarter
1996 Nov. - Disney Institute
1997 Nov. - Port Orleans - Riverside
1998 Dec. - Boardwalk
1999 Nov. - Port Orleans - French Quarter
2001 July - Contemporary
2002 May - Boardwalk
2002 Dec. - Polynesian (concierge)
2003 May - Animal Kingdom
2004 June - Port Orleans - French Quarter
2005 April - Port Orleans - French Quarter
2005 Dec. - Port Orleans - French Quarter
2006 March - Port Orleans - French Quarter (upcoming)
2006 Dec. - Resort undecided (planning stage)

that's the beauty and best part of going solo...........

you can stay until the place closes down.

this is something i never could do when my kids are with me. it's just not their thing. they hate crowds and always wanted to leave to beat the rush to the busses.

when i go solo and i am again this fall for 10 days, i can start when the park opens and leave when it closes.........

take advantage of everything you want to do while you are on a solo trip.
eat ice cream for breakfast, no one will ever know........

Linger all you want, just know they are strict about the 30 minutes on the boat. I've watched them turn people away. Than it's off to the TC for a bus. Not a big deal, just different than you may have been planning

I went to Disney solo last year and really enjoyed the emh schedule .Going again this summer to! :goodvibes

on my solo day. I did feel a little uneasy going to my car since there was hardly anyone around. And I was staying at the Radisson which isn't lit very well at its doors at night (mood lighting?). But I did OK.

if you walk closely enough with a group it will be assumed you are with a group and not solo....just a little less likely to be singled out! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter