Would You Ever...

Trixie15

DIS Veteran
lower the cost of your solo vacation by 'renting' the 2nd bed in the room to someone else even if they were a stranger? Or in other words, booking a trip for two and then 'selling' half of it to someone else knowing that you'd have to share the room?

It sounds so weird, but I bet there are perfectly normal people who would go for this chance. I guess that would be the hard part - weeding out the normal people from the axe murderers. :rotfl:

Disney needs to offer tiny little one-twin-bed rooms on property that are super cheap but still allow you to use the bus transport and the dining plan. I wouldn't care if I had a tiny room if I was going by myself.

lower the cost of your solo vacation by 'renting' the 2nd bed in the room to someone else even if they were a stranger? Or in other words, booking a trip for two and then 'selling' half of it to someone else knowing that you'd have to share the room?

It sounds so weird, but I bet there are perfectly normal people who would go for this chance. I guess that would be the hard part - weeding out the normal people from the axe murderers. :rotfl:

Disney needs to offer tiny little one-twin-bed rooms on property that are super cheap but still allow you to use the bus transport and the dining plan. I wouldn't care if I had a tiny room if I was going by myself.

Okay, my first trip to WDW I offered the 2nd bed to a person I had only talked to on the boards. . .it was my most favorite trip and the guy was awesome. No issues whatsoever. . .

It sounds so weird, but I bet there are perfectly normal people who would go for this chance. I guess that would be the hard part - weeding out the normal people from the axe murderers.

No way, no how, would I ever do this!!! If your worried about the 2 beds call and make a request to get a room with a king, some resorts do this!!!!

I realize that there are perfectly normal people, and while safety should be of concern esp as a female traveling solo... I would mostly be uncomfortable about the "living" arangements with a stranger....

Showering and getting dressed and whatnot, what if they snore? or want to watch TV or are obnoixiously loud?

Just not something that I could stand doing.

Would I share with a complete stranger....NO WAY. I would however share with someone from these boards if I got to know them before the trip. I've met some great people on here. I would have no problems sharing a room with any of them.

No way, no how, would I ever do this!!! If your worried about the 2 beds call and make a request to get a room with a king, some resorts do this!!!!

I realize that there are perfectly normal people, and while safety should be of concern esp as a female traveling solo... I would mostly be uncomfortable about the "living" arangements with a stranger....

Showering and getting dressed and whatnot, what if they snore? or want to watch TV or are obnoixiously loud?

Just not something that I could stand doing.

Okay, for what it is worth, I only book a room I can afford. . .HOWEVER, that being said, if I met someone on the DIS that I felt a "connection" with I might allow them to share my room. . .I refuse to play the "female" victim mentality. If I get "screwed because I trusted", so be it. . .that is my fault. But I am not going to live my life in fear because "life" tells me I should.

Would I share with a complete stranger....NO WAY. I would however share with someone from these boards if I got to know them before the trip. I've met some great people on here. I would have no problems sharing a room with any of them.

Exactly my thoughts! But i would have to get to know someone, before even considering this!

Okay, for what it is worth, I only book a room I can afford. . .HOWEVER, that being said, if I met someone on the DIS that I felt a "connection" with I might allow them to share my room. . .I refuse to play the "female" victim mentality. If I get "screwed because I trusted", so be it. . .that is my fault. But I am not going to live my life in fear because "life" tells me I should.

I actually once drove two and a half hours out of town because I "trusted". It was not the most pleasant of times, but I was definitely safe. . .Sometimes I just need to trust my gut.

yes, i would...but...i'd have to 'get to know them first', at least via email, and it would have to be a woman (i don't think my husband would be thrilled about me 'renting' out a spare bed to another man! :rotfl2:

My initial reaction would be no, I wouldn't. One of the things I like on a solo trip is the space to myself. Of course there's safety issues as well, but I suppose Disney would be relatively safe, especially on-site.

Darcy, glad it worked out for you, though!

Here is my take on things, and you can agree or not agree, but that is not important to me.

I could have spent my entire life using the "I am woman, therefore I must always play the victim card so that I don't get hurt" mentality. Let us analyze this. In 2003, I met a man online at a weight loss surgery support group. He wanted a "single" woman to hang with on 4th of July weekend that year. No one responded so I did. This person is my best friend to this day. Ed and I love each other unconditionally, we do not have anything more than a friendship but he was one of the most influential persons in my life for the last few year. In 2008, I met Leo, another great friend. I got to meet a whole lot of DISSERs that weekend but Leo was the best. I know we are not as close as we used to be and we have NEVER had physical a physical relationship, but I could pick up the phone today and say "hey my friend, I need you" and we would engage in yet "another 3 hour" conversation. Andrea, my best friend from the DIS, I met because I was not afraid to show up for coffee with her. Then hang out in the evening with drinks.

Why do I say all this? Because we as Americans have become a closed off society. So afraid of our shadow that we are unwilling or unaccepting of new people in our lives. . .basically "if they are not already hooked up, have tons of friends or in the family way, they must be wierd". Why cannot we as Americans just accept people the way they are and enjoy their life and company.

Okay, I am done soapboxing. . I know my comments are not finished but I need to take care of some things . . .
My message? Embrace just one new friend this week. . .and be happy. . .

Here is my take on things, and you can agree or not agree, but that is not important to me.

I could have spent my entire life using the "I am woman, therefore I must always play the victim card so that I don't get hurt" mentality. Let us analyze this. In 2003, I met a man online at a weight loss surgery support group. He wanted a "single" woman to hang with on 4th of July weekend that year. No one responded so I did. This person is my best friend to this day. Ed and I love each other unconditionally, we do not have anything more than a friendship but he was one of the most influential persons in my life for the last few year. In 2008, I met Leo, another great friend. I got to meet a whole lot of DISSERs that weekend but Leo was the best. I know we are not as close as we used to be and we have NEVER had physical a physical relationship, but I could pick up the phone today and say "hey my friend, I need you" and we would engage in yet "another 3 hour" conversation. Andrea, my best friend from the DIS, I met because I was not afraid to show up for coffee with her. Then hang out in the evening with drinks.

Why do I say all this? Because we as Americans have become a closed off society. So afraid of our shadow that we are unwilling or unaccepting of new people in our lives. . .basically "if they are not already hooked up, have tons of friends or in the family way, they must be wierd". Why cannot we as Americans just accept people the way they are and enjoy their life and company.

Okay, I am done soapboxing. . I know my comments are not finished but I need to take care of some things . . .
My message? Embrace just one new friend this week. . .and be happy. . .

Great post Darcy! I joined the Disboards and started posting on "clique" thread on the community board years ago. These people, strangers to me, were having a cookout out in Rhode Island. I decided to go and meet them...the next week, we were all in WDW together having dinner and hanging out at the MK. These are people I never would have met if I'd been scared or nervous about going to that cookout. Sometimes you have to trust that there are good people out there. I agree that you can't always assume that you'll be a victim...that's going to lead to a very borring life IMO. Learn to trust your gut feelings. I also know Leo and agree he is pretty amazing. I definitely trusted my gut on that one and am glad I did! Also because of him, I've met one of best friends. You never know where things will lead....had I stayed closed off from meeting new people and having new experiences, I never would have known any of these people. Sorry to ramble but the message is simple.....trust your gut and branch out....get to know new people...you might be surprised, in a very good way.

Great post Darcy! I joined the Disboards and started posting on "clique" thread on the community board years ago. These people, strangers to me, were having a cookout out in Rhode Island. I decided to go and meet them...the next week, we were all in WDW together having dinner and hanging out at the MK. These are people I never would have met if I'd been scared or nervous about going to that cookout. Sometimes you have to trust that there are good people out there. I agree that you can't always assume that you'll be a victim...that's going to lead to a very borring life IMO. Learn to trust your gut feelings. I also know Leo and agree he is pretty amazing. I definitely trusted my gut on that one and am glad I did! Also because of him, I've met one of best friends. You never know where things will lead....had I stayed closed off from meeting new people and having new experiences, I never would have known any of these people. Sorry to ramble but the message is simple.....trust your gut and branch out....get to know new people...you might be surprised, in a very good way.

Thanks Beth. . .

I have a theory. . .of course, I am a Christian and, though not religious, I live by a simple motto. Most people are just like me, we want to have fun in life, want to have friends to share that fun with, and NEVER, EVER , EVER want to be afraid to live life. If I made a mistake because I branched out to a stranger, so be it. . .maybe I would not be here to share this information with all of you. Of course, by my beliefs, this would not be horrid. I passed these same beliefs onto my son. We enjoy life, have had a couple close calls, but ya know. . .we are happy.

I am on the fence if I would do that or not. On the one hand, it would be great to save the money yet on the other hand you would be sharing with a stranger. I guess it would depend on how I found the person to share the room with. Also being a single female myself, I would look for another female to share with. That would be a stipulation I would have. Good luck if you decide to do it!

I'm a very noisy sleeper. There are noises coming out of everywhere noises can come out of. I have at least two pee breaks a night and it's a strange place so I might walk into a wall or door if there's no night light. Even if there is I still could walk into something.
If you hear groaning it's not a ghost or a bear it's just me trying to turn over in bed. I have post nasal drip so in the morning don't be afraid of the hawking and spitting it only lasts a few minutes. Unless it's real bad then it's like having James Brown in your bathroom. Heeeeyaaaah.

Anyone wanna rent a bed? ;)

I guess to me... meeting people online and going to dinner or drinks or a theme park, etc... is completely different then welcoming them into your hotel room where you are going to be alone with this person you dont know..... Sleeping, showering, wanting quiet time...etc....just seems really strange to me, and I wouldnt feel at all comfortable with renting the second bed of my hotel room to a stranger (just my honest opinion)

I live too close I will not rent your second bed quit asking me.

:rotfl: You are crazy!!
I think YOU are trying to rent your bed to me :rotfl:

I guess to me... meeting people online and going to dinner or drinks or a theme park, etc... is completely different then welcoming them into your hotel room where you are going to be alone with this person you dont know..... Sleeping, showering, wanting quiet time...etc....just seems really strange to me, and I wouldnt feel at all comfortable with renting the second bed of my hotel room to a stranger (just my honest opinion)

:rotfl: You are crazy!!
I think YOU are trying to rent your bed to me :rotfl:

My back yard get it right. Bring your tent.:laughing:

My back yard get it right. Bring your tent.:laughing:

Sure no problem, I have a great tent, fully waterproofed! You will love sleeping in it while I am there ;)

SANY2547.jpg

Eww no way not with those Wal-Mart feet. EWWW

What!!!!!!!!? Wal-mart feet!? Um, those are MY feet :lmao:

And the picture was my camping trip OBX NC, right on the dunes, cross over and you see this:
(Thats why my feet are dirty)
SANY2581.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter