Would You (one day only)?

bsmcneil

DIS Veteran
So - here's an overview. I realized earlier this week that I have less than a month to use some Southwest travel credit. A weird combination of things meant that I almost booked a flight last night/this morning to go today - but when I went to search for some of my stuff from the last trip, I didn't find what I wanted in time to really maximize going. BUT ... I found 325 dollars in unspent gift cards from the trip (I was already thinking of going for the day - a nice breakfast somewhere I liked, hanging around and taking pictures at resorts or riding the Skyliner which I didn't get to do in either of my last two trips, etc and then flying back late).

Other than it being spontaneous and feeling sort of weird - why not go? I'd have to pay parking at the airport (9 dollars) and the Mears Connect seems to be the cheapest for me. Otherwise, flight is covered (I'd use some of my points but I don't really see flying anywhere on the horizon any time soon). This is sort of crazy though, right? Would you go? What would you do (sadly, many of the things I'd like seem off limits - I got injured recently which means I can't do things like a hot tub or kayak, which seemed like great non-park options). I didn't take any "real" photos my past two trips because I didn't take my camera - but for one day only and no bags, I probably would. I don't think I'd buy a ticket to the parks - just a little too high for me to go ... ... although ... gift cards ... (yes I'm aware of park reservations, in case that comes up for anyone).

I wouldn't, personally. Flying is too much of a hassle for that quick of a turnaround. I like random, short, spontaneous trips. But I'd want at least 2 or 3 nights to justify six hours of flying, three hours of sitting around an airport, three hours of getting to and from airports.

I wouldn't, personally. Flying is too much of a hassle for that quick of a turnaround. I like random, short, spontaneous trips. But I'd want at least 2 or 3 nights to justify six hours of flying, three hours of sitting around an airport, three hours of getting to and from airports.
Eek. Yeah, it's 45 min to airport, not too long of a flight each way. That does make a difference.

I would but I have traveled in the music industry for work. I am used to having only having a couple of hours in a city & know how to make the best of it.

Honestly though, if I just had a day, I would pick a museum that I have always wanted to go to and fly there. NYC, I'm lookin at you.

I’ve got the same problem, expiring SW travel funds and I’ve been thinking about flying in for two days one night. I’m 30 minutes from the airport and it’s a 2 hour flight. I was thinking there and back in one day wasn’t worth the airport stress. But two days, maybe….

So, I'm sure folks are just waiting with bated breath 😜. That said - I went and I look forward to making a trip report, which I don't think I've really done before.
I’ve got the same problem, expiring SW travel funds and I’ve been thinking about flying in for two days one night. I’m 30 minutes from the airport and it’s a 2 hour flight. I was thinking there and back in one day wasn’t worth the airport stress. But two days, maybe….
Yep. "Two days, maybe" ... I'll dig in more but I ended up flying down (later than originally hoped) on Thurs, spent the night, caught the last flight home tonight. I think I was away from home 40-42 hours in all (and 9 park hours, but of my choosing). Fun times. Also, my body is killing me. But ... definitely a memory. I imagine many people have/can do this with no problems - but as someone with muscular dystrophy (and a broken arm, lol) - I felt impressed to hit 4 parks in one day (with some food and an attraction at each).

Time to sleep, friends!

So, I'm sure folks are just waiting with bated breath 😜. That said - I went and I look forward to making a trip report, which I don't think I've really done before.

Yep. "Two days, maybe" ... I'll dig in more but I ended up flying down (later than originally hoped) on Thurs, spent the night, caught the last flight home tonight. I think I was away from home 40-42 hours in all (and 9 park hours, but of my choosing). Fun times. Also, my body is killing me. But ... definitely a memory. I imagine many people have/can do this with no problems - but as someone with muscular dystrophy (and a broken arm, lol) - I felt impressed to hit 4 parks in one day (with some food and an attraction at each).

Time to sleep, friends!
This sounds amazing. I hope to someday do something like this.

This thread is dangerous. It got my mind spinning. Booked a quick weekend trip to NYC but staying 2 nights.

Time to sleep, friends!
Yay!! Glad you got a trip in!

In December, 2019 my son and I did a “one day” trip from PVD to MCO. Our flight left PVD about 6am. after picking up a rental car, getting beverages AND purchasing tickets at the TTC we made breakfast at Captain Hooks. We did MK and Epcot and Disney Springs. Our flight left MCO at 9:30pm and we were home before midnight. He still talks about it, which is impressive since he was 15 at the time.

Any day at WDW is better that staying home doing yard work or going in to work.

So - here's an overview. I realized earlier this week that I have less than a month to use some Southwest travel credit. A weird combination of things meant that I almost booked a flight last night/this morning to go today - but when I went to search for some of my stuff from the last trip, I didn't find what I wanted in time to really maximize going. BUT ... I found 325 dollars in unspent gift cards from the trip (I was already thinking of going for the day - a nice breakfast somewhere I liked, hanging around and taking pictures at resorts or riding the Skyliner which I didn't get to do in either of my last two trips, etc and then flying back late).

Other than it being spontaneous and feeling sort of weird - why not go? I'd have to pay parking at the airport (9 dollars) and the Mears Connect seems to be the cheapest for me. Otherwise, flight is covered (I'd use some of my points but I don't really see flying anywhere on the horizon any time soon). This is sort of crazy though, right? Would you go? What would you do (sadly, many of the things I'd like seem off limits - I got injured recently which means I can't do things like a hot tub or kayak, which seemed like great non-park options). I didn't take any "real" photos my past two trips because I didn't take my camera - but for one day only and no bags, I probably would. I don't think I'd buy a ticket to the parks - just a little too high for me to go ... ... although ... gift cards ... (yes I'm aware of park reservations, in case that comes up for anyone).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter