• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would You Rather...

BAIC03

Mouseketeer
Spend $3900 on a 4 day cruise or extend a WDW stay to 7 days?
It will be me, DH, DD6 and DD4.

Currently weighing options for cruise #10 or a long vacation in Orlando in Dec 18.

TIA!

Would this be INSTEAD of any time at WDW? Or will you still have a few days at WDW. If it will mean cruise and then a couple days at WDW, I would do that. Otherwise, I would take the 7 days at WDW. IMO.

If you have the time for it, what about trying another cruise line AND adding time at WDW?

Being that it's cruise #10 , I'd go for a week at WDW -unless- the 4yr old hasn't been on the cruise since she can remember things. In THAT case, I'd go with the cruise.

Spend $3900 on a 4 day cruise or extend a WDW stay to 7 days?
It will be me, DH, DD6 and DD4.

Currently weighing options for cruise #10 or a long vacation in Orlando in Dec 18.

TIA!

My wife and I both say the cruise. Perhaps the 4 night cruise and 3 at WDW?

If I had to choose just one, I'd go with the cruise. But we've been to WDW a lot and plan to go a lot more. The cruise is more relaxing. Then again, in Dec you will get a lot of the Christmas stuff in the parks, so it is a tough decision.

I'd go with both but choose a less expensive cruise line but a really nice ship, still less than a Disney cruise. Then I'd still add the Disney days that way.

I'd extend the WDW stay to 7 days, especially if your other option is a 3 day park/4 day cruise combo. I don't think the 3/4 day is enough for either the park or cruise. Going to WDW in December there are lots of holiday activities. Epcot has Candlelight processional, storytellers in each country, longer 'reflections of earth' fireworks. Magic Kingdom transforms Jungle Cruise to the 'Jingle Jungle Cruise'. We love seeing the parks at Christmastime...although I wouldn't want to be there ON Christmas or that week following it due to how crowded it is between Christmas and New Year's.

As much as I love WDW, I would choose the cruise. 4 nights is short, but it beats the crowds at WDW, and if your cruise itinerary includes CC - Definitely pick the cruise! :-)

I'm sorry if I missed this, but which days in December? If you would be traveling between Christmas and New Year's, then I'd definitely prefer the cruise to avoid the crowds at WDW. If you are going earlier in December (i.e., before schools get out for the holidays), then I would might vote for the longer stay at WDW.

We generally prefer cruises over the parks, but the 4-night cruises are too short!

If you have the time for it, what about trying another cruise line AND adding time at WDW?

I'd go with both but choose a less expensive cruise line but a really nice ship, still less than a Disney cruise. Then I'd still add the Disney days that way.

I agree with this suggestion -- $3,900 is a lot to spend on a 4-night cruise. You could probably get a cheaper cruise and have money for WDW.

Heck just find a six flags closer to home and save even more money :smooth::teeth: NOT!!

I'd just go with the cruise - for longer (7 nights). Wait until the 4yo is 6 or 7 or even better - 8... to have more endurance to do the parks!!

What kind of cabin costs almost $1000/night for 4 people for a 4-night cruise? I'd downgrade the cabin or just go to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter