• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I didn’t say anything about rowdy, college wet t-shirt contests. I am simply talking about in general adults stay out later, have a tendency to drink more, etc when there’s no kids with them. I don’t want to hear noise after I go to sleep. We are at Disney and I am in my room to sleep. We had 4 adults in the room under us at the poly that the entire week sat out on their patio until 2am laughing and drinking. Very annoying. Way worse than hearing kids in my opinion.
Based on where I live in my little neighborhood - adults don’t seem to change their day(or night) drinking habits, spinning the hits (and even live bands), who they sleep with, or how much pot they smoke in their tool sheds at home and around their kids - so following that logic - would hate to see how wrecked they would get at Disney :oops:

Based on where I live in my little neighborhood - adults don’t seem to change their day(or night) drinking habits, spinning the hits (and even live bands), who they sleep with, or how much pot they smoke in their tool sheds at home and around their kids - so following that logic - would hate to see how wrecked they would get at Disney :oops:
You must live in The Villages! :laughing:

It is my goal to live in the Villages when I retire. Sounds exactly like my kind of place! :love1:

Maybe it was meant to be that way? ;)

Attachments

• Adults.PNG
    Adults.PNG
    29.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Adults-pic.jpg
    Adults-pic.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 24
My kids are grown. My husband and I travel to WDW as a couple. We would try an adults only hotel. If it was too loud or we didn't like it, we wouldn't stay there again. We spend a lot of money at Disney and I feel adults should have some adult only areas around the resorts.

Not sure what this would accomplish. All of the Disney parks will still have children so if you are somehow opposed to having children around, Disney seems like a bad choice of a vacation. In various places we have been on vacation over the years, I have seen WAY more annoying adults then children. They are the ones who are oblivious to others around them, act self-absorbed or with a sense of entitlement.

Not sure what this would accomplish. All of the Disney parks will still have children so if you are somehow opposed to having children around, Disney seems like a bad choice of a vacation. In various places we have been on vacation over the years, I have seen WAY more annoying adults then children. They are the ones who are oblivious to others around them, act self-absorbed or with a sense of entitlement.
Yes, those come in all sizes and ages... if children, you can bet the parent are the same.

I like Disney but not enough to spend overinflated prices on an adults only resort

Hmmm. Depends on how *adult* it is. Nah I kid, this is Disney after all.

As for a non-Disney themed resort then the Gran Destino Tower was a good choice with nice accommodations, being built also for conventions. I didnt really see a lot of kids when I stayed there.

Just tor report back on my earlier comment about adults only flights.

The first flight with an adults-only & kids zone left yesterday from Amsterdam to Curaçao, with Corendon (A Dutch Travel company). What the reviews say now is that both sides of the discussion were relieved. Yes, there was one crying toddler on the plane, but as the ones paying for the adults only zone were far away from it, they weren't (as) bothered by it.

I would stay in it.

But like others I'd settle for a true adults only hot tub experience, nothing worse then hurting like all heck and looking forward to a soak in a hot tub to find no room in it because it's full of kids using it as a swimming pool with nary an adult around supervising them. Probably wouldn't matter as much if most of the rooms had bath tubs in them but a lot of them only have showers.

I'd also settle for adult only sections to restaurants and bars. I have eaten at some of the most expensive restaurants at WDW to have my meal be real uncomfortable because the kids at the next table were sprawling on the bench seat next to me kicking me (Mons. Paul in the before times), or the kids at the next table screaming and crying because they didn't like the food (Jenkos at AKL). If I'm paying up to $200 per person for a meal, I'd rather not be kicked during it.

And, yes, I have a grown child whom I have been taking to WDW since he was 3 years old. And he now has a 2 1/2 year old daughter who has already been to WDW twice and will be going again before her third birthday. I have stayed at almost every resort at WDW and enjoyed them all and wouldn't stay in an adults only resort every trip but would enjoy it every once in awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter