Would you stay in the new Art of Animation resort?

Magpie

DIS Veteran
So, my husband and I - with the blessing of our teenagers - will be taking our first solo trip to Disney in December. No kids! Yay!

Last time we were down, we stayed at Pop Century and were very intrigued by all the construction across the lake. So I was considering booking one of the single rooms at the Art of Animation for this trip.

However, I'm a bit worried about the cartoon theming. My husband's no help - when I pointed out to him that our hotel room would be Little Mermaid themed, he just laughed and started singing, "Darling it's better/ Down where it's wetter/ Take it from me!"

So... I'm still trying to decide. As an adult, would YOU stay in a Little Mermaid themed room? Why or why not?

We've been considering the same thing. Currently have POP booked cuz its our favorite value resort. Staying at the new resort intrigues me, but unsure about the LM theme??

My first instinct is to say no. I don't like the huge icons at most of the values and frankly This appears to be even more in your face. That being said I did look at it since I might need to add one day to the front of my trip and I thought hey why not just for the heck of it, and it was like more expensive than the other values and only slightly less than my mod and the LM section is WAY back.

So no not going to be staying there anytime soon.

I would! But I love the theming of the value resorts. I love the Disney look. That was my only complaint about the HoJo in Anaheim. I wasn't in Disney when I was there. It was close, and I could see Disney, but it wasn't a Disney hotel.

I'm an Ariel fan so dying to stay in the LM room. Thankfully I have the excuse of a DD who is a huge Ariel fan too :)

We have an 11 yr old DS & this June we are staying at CBR. If The LM rooms at AoA were ready now we would be staying there. So I am telling him he has no choice on the next trip so he might be close to 14 yrs old & we will be staying in the LM rooms:rotfl: He loves animation & the art of Disney movies so he doesn't mind the resort itself but they should had some more Lion King rooms as standard too

I want to stay there, but when I mentioned this to my boyfriend (who isn't Disney obsessed like i am, yet.) He said no. Our trip is over a year away so maybe more pictures will be released and perhaps I can sway him!

We have already made a 2-night reservation for one of the Little Mermaid rooms. We're not huge fans of that particular film (or value resorts in general, usually) but we are animation junkies and wanted to check out the new resort.

Personally I've stayed twice at Pop and once at OKW. I liked OKW way better than Pop BUT on my upcoming trip I'll be back at Pop. Why? Price. I honestly don't care what my room looks like so long as its clean and on property. I hate sports but if AllstarsSports had a good price, you bet your sweet butt I'd be there.

I'm not a big fan of value resorts, but I'll definitely stay there at some point soon. I do plan on stopping over there to take a look around on my June trip.

DD(12) was named after the LM, so next year when we make our return we will be staying there for sure. Its the newest and most elaborate thing Disney has done to the resorts to make them attractive. We are staying at POP this time because the Nemo suites are just too pricey for 2 people.

The AoA family suites are interior corridor doorways instead of the external like the other Value resorts. So something a little different.

Its a tough call for two adults without the kids. You could always try a resort you haven't stayed at before and save AoA for when you bring the teens.

...he just laughed and started singing, "Darling it's better/ Down where it's wetter/ Take it from me!"...
:thumbsup2

LOL...AWESOME! My kids, (and the rest of the family), say I'm a Disney/Orlando Freak!....Then again, I don't see 'em turning down an Orlando trip when I start planning one! :rotfl:

I would. I don't see it as any different than the giant can of Play-Doh, or foosball people.

I like the look of AoA, but I am not sure (as a solo traveler )that I would pay a premium to stay there over POP. Also if the walls are as thin as they are at POP then it might not be my first choice due to noise concerns.

I am staying there twice and we are 2 adults. I'm looking forward to the LM section. I don't mind the value resorts and with this being brand new I'm excited to stay there.
Before my stay in December we're staying a at the Pop with friends who have never been to WDW. I thought about changing resorts but figured I've got two stays there I shouldn't need three.
Deepirate:

I would stay there IF it were the same price as POP...the boys wouldn't want to do it, so on a solo trip, I definitely would.

Its a tough call for two adults without the kids. You could always try a resort you haven't stayed at before and save AoA for when you bring the teens.

We're definitely staying at a Value, and I haven't heard anything particularly nice about the All-Stars resorts, which is why we stayed at Pop last time. I actually really enjoyed Pop - thought the busses were great, like the outdoor walkways, loved the theme...

I like the look of AoA, but I am not sure (as a solo traveler )that I would pay a premium to stay there over POP. Also if the walls are as thin as they are at POP then it might not be my first choice due to noise concerns.

Where I priced out a package for the dates we were looking at AoA was only about 50 dollars more than Pop. Now, Pop might be discounted closer to the fall season, and maybe with AoA they won't have any specials since it's new, but for now they seem to be priced comparably.

I could care less about the Room theme, I plan to try it just to say "I did it"!
I Hope that I'll be able to go walk around the resort while I'm down there in 2 weeks. With this being the New Resort you know that they'll be bending over backwards to impress those that stay there durning the first year! I plan on staying there next May for SWW.

We are 4 adults staying at AOA - finding nemo this summer. We are excited! We picked it because of the floor plan and how new it will be. We also love the movie. Fr us, place to sleep that fits one couple and two singles is more important than what is on our walls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter