WOW!! Standard Passport Renewal - 3 1/2 weeks!!

scrappinginontario

I sent my daughter's passport renewal via registered mail Oct 6th and her new passport was just delivered to our front door less than 25 days (16 business days) later!!!

We have a cruise booked for the end of Feb so I included that date but still, this is super fast!

Hoping this gives hope to others who are waiting for renewals or will be renewing soon!

Lucky!

We applied for both my daughters on June 24th at a Service Canada office. We received my 19 year olds last week exactly 4 months to the day. My 16 year old‘s ( was 15 when we applied) still has not arrived.

Partner is still waiting for his (and we applied in person with an appointment in late July). We travel next week. It isn't here.
Have you contacted your local MP office to see if they can find out what is going on?

My daughter had luck getting them involved. She got her sons passport but they sent her partners to the wrong address so it was returned. We travel a month and are hoping it will show up soon. The MP office is still in touch but if they can't find his passport in their piles of documents they receive each day I guess he will have to reapply for an emergency one.

Have you contacted your local MP office to see if they can find out what is going on?

My daughter had luck getting them involved. She got her sons passport but they sent her partners to the wrong address so it was returned. We travel a month and are hoping it will show up soon. The MP office is still in touch but if they can't find his passport in their piles of documents they receive each day I guess he will have to reapply for an emergency one.
My partner called the phone number to check up on it and get them to transfer it to Victoria last week. Nothing has happened so far. I will try to get him to call back tomorrow or Friday.

Over the summer heard there is a procedure where you can phone and ask for your application to be sent to a local or closer office near you to be processed instead of central facility in Hull? Mentioned this to my sister-in-law this summer and she had my niece's application transferred. It was then completed in a few weeks and she drove to the local office for pickup. It had been tied up for months. I don't have the phone number but if you google sure you can find it. Good luck!

I dropped my son's off in person last Wednesday (Child) and they tried to deliver it on following Thursday. 8 days!

Lucky! My mom and xhildren's passports arrived two weeks ago after 5 months. We are driving, so the kids passports weren't urgent but we were getting stressed about my mom's.

I dropped my daughter's off at a Service Canada location the last week of July, mailout date was November 1st (13 weeks) and we still don't have it. We are traveling in a few weeks, so hoping it will arrive soon!

I dropped my daughter's off at a Service Canada location the last week of July, mailout date was November 1st (13 weeks) and we still don't have it. We are traveling in a few weeks, so hoping it will arrive soon!
We dropped off at Service Canada location on July 28 and just got it last week - but we did call the number on this thread twice and ask it to be transferred to our local office. The first time we called was a few weeks ago (we leave on November 11). Then, we called again last week and they told us it was mailed the day before (it arrived the next day).

We dropped off at Service Canada location on July 28 and just got it last week - but we did call the number on this thread twice and ask it to be transferred to our local office. The first time we called was a few weeks ago (we leave on November 11). Then, we called again last week and they told us it was mailed the day before (it arrived the next day).

Thanks for the advice! We called and it sounds like her passport is just sitting and they are working on processing the new ones coming in instead. It will be expedited to our local passport office, so hopefully it works!!

This thread is making me nervous. I mailed out my son's new application on the 4th. We have travel plans February 5th. They haven't charged my card yet and I know they received it the day after it was sent. I am going to be calling at exactly 20 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter