• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wreck on I-95 Northbound

we3luvdisney

<font color=blue>I admit it. I am a <font color=pu
Authorities Respond To Multi-Vehicle Wreck On Northbound I-95
Bus, Tractor-Trailer, SUV Involved In Accident

POSTED: 12:47 p.m. EST January 23, 2003
UPDATED: 2:08 p.m. EST January 23, 2003

FOUR OAKS, N.C. -- Officials are responding to a wreck involving a passenger bus, a tractor-trailer and a Ford Explorer along northbound Interstate 95 in Johnston County.

Authorities say a tractor-trailer carrying vans, a modified bus and a Ford Explorer were involved in the accident Thursday near Four Oaks at mile marker 87.

The state Highway Patrol says the car carrier was traveling northbound when it jacknifed. The car carrier then struck an overpass and was hit by the bus. The Ford Explorer then struck the bus in the rear.

Crews are working to remove the vehicles from the highway.

Highway Patrol officials say three people were injured in the incident and taken to the hospital. Officials say none of the injuries are considered life-threatening.

I-95 traffic is being diverted to the Four Oaks exit.

My sister lives a little north of Charlotte. Transplanted from a little north of Boston. They just got 6 inches of snow, and she was the only one in the neighborhood with a shovel!!!

There is a talk show host, Chuck Harder, who believes that we will be seeing a lot more of these wrecks once more and more trucks from Mexico start to come into the U.S. in accordance with the North American Free Trade Agreement. According to Chuck, Mexico has much less enforcement of safety and much more liberal weight limits on trucking.

So to protect the public, police need to be more vigilant (more labor intensive, more cost to taxpayers) to catch more car and truck traffic violations, take and act on more reports from the public, and catch safety defects and overweight conditions, and force the driver to park until he fixes things. Meanwhile the U.S. has less and less federal and state money available for law enforcement.

Oh, a lot of cars, "American", "Japanese", and also Volkswagens will be made in Mexico if not already and then will then come into the U.S on Mexican car carrier trucks. One of my Chevy pickups was made in Canada.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 World Inn (now Doubletree Club)
4/85 Kon-Tiki (now Econolodge Hawaiian)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
9/97 All Star Music
11/98 ASMu & first premium annual pass
12/98 Knights Inn on 192
9/99 All Star Movies
12/00 All Star Sports & PAP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 Motel 6 & ASSp & PAP#3
11/03 Pop Century planned

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter