• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wrong Ticket Used

IsThatYouTigger

Mouseketeer
We have had an annual pass for the last 3 years that we just renewed. We have 2 golden non expiring 10 day park hoppers + water park etc...one that should have 2 days remaining and the other is completely full. Well, when I went on to double check that our annual pass dates extended on the app I noticed the ticket that should have 2 days left only has 1.

This happened to us right when my Disney experience started up and we learned to make sure everything was prioritized correctly. Since having annual passes we haven’t had to prioritize, but I’m wondering if something during this last renewal messed things up.

Anyways, does anyone know which number I should call or email address to send to in order to sort this out? I remember having to call a special number and then send an email because I just kept getting transferred and no one could help. Hoping this is a non issue and can get resolved easily. Thank you!

Just curious, was it a busy day where maybe the passholder pool was out of reservations for your park but with ticket res available? That would at least make sense. They really need to make you specify what ticket medium you're using for reservations but I suspect they don't want to make it more "complicated" for the average person.

I don't know what number specifically would work for this but maybe try the VIPassholder line. I would think even in the above case it's not really your fault that Disney doesn't provide more clarity on what ticket is being used exactly.

Try ticket.usage@disneyworld.com. I communicated with this address in September; I must have found it in the Disney website. Here’s a number to address Existing Tickets: (407) 566-4985; I didn’t use this.

I bought a specific-day ticket to use in September 2020, planning on saving non-expiry Park Hoppers that I have tied to my account. When I got home, the remaining days seemed reduced. Sent an email and got a phone and email response with a name and times to call.

The computers are supposed to know which ticket to prioritize, but apparently this problem does occur and they know how to fix it. I just made sure he knew to put Park Hopping on the replacement ticket.

Just curious, was it a busy day where maybe the passholder pool was out of reservations for your park but with ticket res available? That would at least make sense. They really need to make you specify what ticket medium you're using for reservations but I suspect they don't want to make it more "complicated" for the average person.

I don't know what number specifically would work for this but maybe try the VIPassholder line. I would think even in the above case it's not really your fault that Disney doesn't provide more clarity on what ticket is being used exactly.
Oh gosh that could make sense. Honestly, I just click the make park reservations link and if it shows availability I book it. I just assumed since our annual pass was prioritized it would only book under the annual pass pool, unless we're staying onsite. We live close by so I'm actually surprised it took this long to happen. If this is the case I'll be nervous each time I try and stalk a park reservation. The other problem is that the calendar could show no availability under all three, but you're still able to snag a reservation...how do you know which pool it pulled from? Yes, they should definitely let you specify!

Try ticket.usage@disneyworld.com. I communicated with this address in September; I must have found it in the Disney website. Here’s a number to address Existing Tickets: (407) 566-4985; I didn’t use this.

I bought a specific-day ticket to use in September 2020, planning on saving non-expiry Park Hoppers that I have tied to my account. When I got home, the remaining days seemed reduced. Sent an email and got a phone and email response with a name and times to call.

The computers are supposed to know which ticket to prioritize, but apparently this problem does occur and they know how to fix it. I just made sure he knew to put Park Hopping on the replacement ticket.
Thank you for the email address. I may start there and see if that gets things fixed. I've always double checked that our tickets are prioritized correctly after the incorrect ticket was used years and years ago...I honestly didn't think about it this time. We have gone once since our annual pass renewed and stalked many days to grab a park pass last minute. I'll be interested to see which day the nonexpiring ticket was used.

I know this sounds logical, but that's not the way the system is set up. The park pass reservation system only checks to see if you have a valid ticket in order to make the reservation. It doesn't connect the reservation to any specific ticket. That would be too much unnecessary complexity. When you enter the park, the system merely checks that you have a park pass reservation (it doesn't care where or how you got it, or which bucket it came from) and a valid ticket.

There is no connection between the ticket used to book the park reservation and the ticket used to actually enter the park. Those two events can be over a year apart. A lot can occur between them and trying to keep it all in sync would be something of a nightmare systematically, yet add zero value for anyone.

Steve

Happened to me a few years ago, I was not happy but nothing I could do about it after the fact, I even caught the same day. Went to will call/ticket office in front of Epcot, no luck :(

I know this sounds logical, but that's not the way the system is set up. The park pass reservation system only checks to see if you have a valid ticket in order to make the reservation. It doesn't connect the reservation to any specific ticket. That would be too much unnecessary complexity. When you enter the park, the system merely checks that you have a park pass reservation (it doesn't care where or how you got it, or which bucket it came from) and a valid ticket.

There is no connection between the ticket used to book the park reservation and the ticket used to actually enter the park. Those two events can be over a year apart. A lot can occur between them and trying to keep it all in sync would be something of a nightmare systematically, yet add zero value for anyone.

Steve
Did you code it? So then people can just make a hotel reservation then cancel it like people were doing for fast pass?

Or have a ticket like this person has that just isn't used it get that bigger as well. That's completely illogical

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter