WSJ: "Mars Needs Moms" a MASSIVE dud

The trailer for this made me turn my stomach...I'm not surprised...my kids, which would fit the demographic they were looking for, said 'this looks stuipd!'

It might be a decent movie, but the title is just so bad...

The commercials do not in any way make me want to see this movie.

On a side note it looks like they tried to make the animation look like realy peeple, Can anyone tell me why? To me If you are going to do that why not just use real people and props.

The commercials do not in any way make me want to see this movie.

On a side note it looks like they tried to make the animation look like realy peeple, Can anyone tell me why? To me If you are going to do that why not just use real people and props.

It's done in the same style as Polar Express.

They actually do use live actors dressed in spandex body suits to capture the performances. Then everything is animated around it.

No desire to see it myself. Just another nail in the coffin of Dick Cook.

I took my children to see it Friday (due to a lack of options) and it was (surprisingly) good. A solid story about the importance of family, problem is the ads and trailers do it no favors. Not good marketing at all.:confused3

Box Office Mojo has it's production budget at $150 million, ouch!

Well Disney already had one miracle in the saving of Tangled (good movie it just got hung up and cost way too much). A second one for this movie is just too much to ask.
How this could have cost $150 million + to make just shocks me. Tron was $170 for pete’s sake!

Mars seems to be circling the bowl. Tangled (which we thought was very good) has became a solid success with a worldwide box office of $551 million . Mars will be hard pressed to break $51 worldwide.;)

Lots of trashing of this movie here but has anyone trashing it actually seen it?

As I said in an earlier post, our family went Friday to see the movie and really liked it.

Lots of trashing of this movie here but has anyone trashing it actually seen it?

I am not trashing I merly stated the commercials do nothing to make me want to see it, and the numbers are supporting that it is just not me who feels this way. Even if it is as good as Avatar, if the movie doesn't make money it is a flop. If it is a great movie then their marketers should be sent for some training or something because they are not doing a good job getting the point across. When they charge extra for 3D you have to convince people that your movie is worth the extra cost.

They have already closed this studio and stopped the remake of Yellow Submarine that they were supposed to do next. somebody messed up pretty bad.

I am not trashing I merly stated the commercials do nothing to make me want to see it, and the numbers are supporting that it is just not me who feels this way. Even if it is as good as Avatar, if the movie doesn't make money it is a flop. If it is a great movie then their marketers should be sent for some training or something because they are not doing a good job getting the point across. When they charge extra for 3D you have to convince people that your movie is worth the extra cost.

They have already closed this studio and stopped the remake of Yellow Submarine that they were supposed to do next. somebody messed up pretty bad.
Sorry OldsDr, that wast intended for anyone specifically but this has been a pretty negative thread with no one on the dislike side having actually seen it. Kazooie, on the hand, has seen it and liked it.

I'm not saying it will be good and certainly not claiming it will make money but it'd be nice to see the actual negative reviews before writing it off.

does anyone know how much teh Princess and the Frog cost. I just have to imagine if they took 175 million dollars and put it into a hand drawn Musical ie. Beauty and the Beast,Little Mermaid or Aladin they would make a killing.

Disclaimer: I prefer hand drawn animation over CG. However, I do see a place for both in movies.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but another issue regarding this movie is Plot...
Anyone ever seen Jimmy newtron??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter