Wyndham Cypress Palms compared to Bonnet Creek

tnmom25

Dreams Don't Work Unless You Do!
I'm thinking of renting one or the other in November, but I've never stayed at either so I'm not sure how to compare. Can anyone enlighten me on details about the following?

Parking, elevators, resort fee, parking fee, ease of access to WDW parks, pools, and anything else that might be helpful in comparing the two resorts. Thanks!!

I'm thinking of renting one or the other in November, but I've never stayed at either so I'm not sure how to compare. Can anyone enlighten me on details about the following?

Parking, elevators, resort fee, parking fee, ease of access to WDW parks, pools, and anything else that might be helpful in comparing the two resorts. Thanks!!

I think you are talking apples and oranges here. They both will have good parking and elevators. The interiors look similar in quality but I have only stayed in BC to know those are as they look.

Bonnet Creek will be one of the nicest you can book, and it's literally yards away from Disney property. If I could I would book it every single trip. I've stayed in 2 bedrooms and 1 bedrooms and loved it. It has numerous pools, lazy river, mini golf, pool slides, themed pool, bars and architectural decor, activities, dining options ..... no fees for resort or parking you just show your key to pass through the security guards.

WBC.png

Cypress Palms is on busy 192, facing a line of restaurants. It will likely be a 15 minute minimum to parks depending on traffic, lights and how you go (see post below). I think there are two free form pools and hot tubs. I'm not likely to ever stay there. I do not believe there is any security gates. I do believe there may be a review on here from someone I'll try to find it.

WCP.png

Last edited:
Well, correct my driving time prediction on Cypress, this was December.

I've stayed at Cypress Palms before. Can't beat being able to walk to a Krispy Kreme! With the construction that is going on, I'd give the drive to the TTC 30-45 minutes from Cypress Palms. Even though there is construction, Disney does have things pretty well marked (at least as best they can). Your GPS may not be applicable in some locations due to lane closures, etc. As a previous poster has stated, once you park your car at one Disney park, your parking fee is good for any other park the rest of the day. You just need to show your receipt at the gate.

Gina stayed at WCP and maybe you can find info within her trip report from last year.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...trip-of-“two’s”-–-an-october-2016-tr.3577221/

Thank you! I've searched extensively, but couldn't find anything recent. We usually stay around Windsor Hills, so I'm used to the traffic on 192, but it's getting worse every trip. I'm guessing the best places to find a deal on BC is skyauction, ebay or vacation strategy?

Thank you! I've searched extensively, but couldn't find anything recent. We usually stay around Windsor Hills, so I'm used to the traffic on 192, but it's getting worse every trip. I'm guessing the best places to find a deal on BC is skyauction, ebay or vacation strategy?

Everytime I stay at WBC I used SkyAuction. I haven't seen it dip as low as it used to but still a great value. I have also used SkyAuction to stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort a few times. I still like WBC better but sometimes there is a big difference in cost and if I am just focused on parks, it makes no sense to not save bunches.

Note that Cypress Palms is not near Windsor Hills. It's on the older, less maintained end of 192 towards Kissimmee.

We've stayed at both. If prices are comparable (we're willing to pay up to $200 more for the week at BC), BC wins hands down. It's right across the street from Disney. But BC was much more expensive than CP in 2017 so we stayed at CP. We got a week at CP from Skyauction for $271 in a 2 bedroom. We were willing to deal with traffic for such a cost savings. CP is very nice, although the kitchen was oddly laid out and hard to cook in for DH and I, and we always cook on vacation. It's a much smaller resort as well, as HopperFan pointed out. Still very nice, but definitely smaller.

We've used eBay for BC as well as SkyAuction.

Last edited:

Everytime I stay at WBC I used SkyAuction. I haven't seen it dip as low as it used to but still a great value. I have also used SkyAuction to stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort a few times. I still like WBC better but sometimes there is a big difference in cost and if I am just focused on parks, it makes no sense to not save bunches.

Is Sheraton Vistana gated? And you would choose that over WCP? We are renting a huge house for one week with family. After they leave, it will only be me with three of my kids for another week, so I'm looking for something smaller. I want to make sure it's in a safe area, since it will just be me with the kids.

Edited to add that I did a search and found that SV is gated :)

Is Sheraton Vistana gated? And you would choose that over WCP? We are renting a huge house for one week with family. After they leave, it will only be me with three of my kids for another week, so I'm looking for something smaller. I want to make sure it's in a safe area, since it will just be me with the kids.

You already know that SVR is gated. :)

SVR is a much larger resort than WCP, and a step up in my opinion. Just like BC is a step up from WCP. I'd definitely choose SVR over WCP. There is more to do at SVR, even if you're just walking around the resort. More pools, more activities, more amenities. Both are in safe areas. My oldest daughter used to live just down the street from WCP at Cane Island Apartments and never felt unsafe in the area. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either resort.

You got your answer, so yes it is gated. There are also guards at the gate, it's not just using your card to open it. Your rooms do open up to the outside as with the WCP whereas BC opens into hallways. I travel to WDW often with my DS who is disabled so safety really does factor in for me. As a tourist I think you and car are more a target than locals. SVR is also more buffered from any businesses than WCP.

Right now I am booked at POP for Sept, was in Hilton ... now I am looking to move offsite but it will be just the two of us. I am considering SVR because I can get it half price from POP but I've never stayed there with him alone, but I have stayed at WBC with him.

We've stayed at both. If prices are comparable (we're willing to pay up to $200 more for the week at BC), BC wins hands down. It's right across the street from Disney. But BC was much more expensive than CP in 2017 so we stayed at CP. We got a week at CP from Skyauction for $271 in a 2 bedroom. We were willing to deal with traffic for such a cost savings. CP is very nice, although the kitchen was oddly laid out and hard to cook in for DH and I, and we always cook on vacation. It's a much smaller resort as well, as HopperFan pointed out. Still very nice, but definitely smaller.

We've used eBay for BC as well as SkyAuction.

Was the traffic bad from WP? I know it sometimes gets sticky on the other side of 192, but we’ve never stayed on the Celebration side.

Was the traffic bad from WP? I know it sometimes gets sticky on the other side of 192, but we’ve never stayed on the Celebration side.

From the parks, we took 536E to 535, right on 535 to Polynesian Isle Blvd, R on Polynesian Isle Blvd straight to WCP. Traffic wasn't too bad, sometimes backed up a bit waiting to turn onto 535, but no more than a few minutes. The few times we did have to travel on 192 toward AK were pretty congested.

I can guarantee you the WBC is far nicer the WCP. I will be at WCP for the first time on Thursday, but pictures alone and activities clearly show WBC is at a different level. WCP looks to be exterior entrance rooms while WBC is indoor towers. The pools and amenities appear drastically different as well. If you are just looking for a place to sleep and shower, go the cheapest route. If you are looking for a true resort experience, WBC is obviously the choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter