• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

X-mas tree at Epcot

LauraR

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Needs to do some se
Can anyone tell me where the Christmas tree in Epcot is located? I think I read that it is lit daily at 5:00 pm, during the Christmas season. Is that correct?
Thanks for any info!

I think the "main" Epcot tree is on the walkway from Future World to World showcase. You CAN'T miss it...it's quite large.::MickeyMo

I thought I read that a big daily tree lighting ceremony took place at 5:55, complete with Caste in Bronze and Disney-type ceremony. Which time is it? Don't want to miss it!

I believe for a definte answer you may have to wait til you get there and get a times guide but 5 sounds right. It's a definte not miss on my list. The tree is HUGE:eek: and the music is wonderful. Cast in Bronze makes it sound angelic like. Also make sure to watch the archway:teeth: because it lights up in time with the music. I love to just stand there and watch it ::yes::

Five pm is too early to light the Christmas trees; it is not dark yet. The Magic Kingdom tree lighting usually takes place at around 5:30 pm, right after the flag lowering ceremony at 5 pm. Epcot's is closer to 6 pm, something like 5:55. Don't miss them!
It will be interesting to see if there is a tree lighting ceremony at MGM Studios, since there will not be an Osborne Light Display.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
I thought I read that a big daily tree lighting ceremony took place at 5:55, complete with Caste in Bronze and Disney-type ceremony. Which time is it? Don't want to miss it!

The last few years that I've been there , it took place at 5:55 p.m.

the "hat" at MGM is located where they once put their christmas tree.... the tree now resides outside the park enterance. Same for the AK..they have a large, interesting tree outside of the park.

epcot is 5:55 .. at least in early december. the lights of winter (archway) are wonderful to watch. MK is a show that starts up on the train station platform...carols, mickey/minnie, kids brought up with them etc...and then the tree is lit. it's a fun thing to participate in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter