Xmas Spectacular Dis Cruise -Day 3

jgalecpa

<font color=green>DANG, that is one big fish!</fon
Xmas Magic Trip report, Day 3.

Okay now it gets good, DIS-Style.

First day at sea.

Ginny had arranged for all the Dis-ers who wanted to have a Brunch at Palo. Would you believe we had SEVENTEEN!!!!

What an icebreaker. They put us (wisely) in our own room. Ginny and her husband at one end, Keith, Lynn, Dawn, Chuck Greg, Tina, Mike Helyna, my wife Rieann and I and many more of us had and absolute great time.

DON’T MISS PALO!!!!

Half the people coming in said “Who is the Fish Guy?” and that started the laughing and talking all over again.

One nice thing was that ½ of each couple was on the board and the other was not, which gave the “not-on-the boards” something in common.

Before you knew it we were all old friends. If you are ever concerned about a DIS meet, don’t be.

By this time our kids were only a memory, having linked up with Kolakdaw’s (Dawn’s) daughters, Bonnie’s girls, you name it! They were only to be seen at meal and excursion time.

The weather had turned nicer so the pools were crowded. We all met up on deck 10 and hung out and caught some sun.

This night was the first formal night, so everyone got to play dress up! Tux’s came out, gowns, and the ship was splendid. Everyone was really into it. I saw/noticed not one person who was “out of place”. We all went up for formal pictures.

Big show this night was “Golden Mickey’s” and it was great. Don’t miss it.

Also, since I noticed the ship started to list to whatever side I was on, I started off the day by walking about 3 miles on deck three every morning. This morning my reward was getting to watch the sun rise over Cuban Mountains. What a sight!

Sunrise - that's way too early for me. Glad you and your family had fun playing dress-up.

Bakaroma

I think the sunrise that day was about 7:10

The ships channel (52?) is constantly showing almanac type data, including the next sunrise/sunset.

It was very handy.

Jim

Originally posted by jgalecpa
The ships channel (52?) is constantly showing almanac type data, including the next sunrise/sunset.

Yes...isn't that a wonderful feature!? I was always up well before my Mom this last cruise and took advantage of the sunrise with a cup of coffee. But a walk sounds like a really great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter