• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht Club Questions

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
How long of a distance is the walk from Yacht Club to Hollywood Studios?

Do all rooms for 5 at Yacht Club have 2 queens and a day bed, or is that only at BWI?

It's probably 20-25 minutes depending on how fast you walk which is only a little longer than the boat ride (if you don't have to wait too long) but the boat is easier on the feet. We usually wait for the boat.

We walked it once in Dec and it took about 20 minutes. Easy walk along the canal. We had just missed the boat and when we arrived the boat was still at the DHS dock unloading/loading.

I believe that all or nearly all the rooms at the YC have two queens and a daybed. I believe that there is one room that does not have a balcony, but that is the only anomaly that I have heard of at the YC. We have stayed here many times in different categories and have always had the two queens/daybed configuration. And I have never read about other people having anything different at the YC (unless they booked something other than a regular resort room e.g. a suite)

We walked it once in Dec and it took about 20 minutes. Easy walk along the canal. We had just missed the boat and when we arrived the boat was still at the DHS dock unloading/loading.

I believe that all or nearly all the rooms at the YC have two queens and a daybed. I believe that there is one room that does not have a balcony, but that is the only anomaly that I have heard of at the YC. We have stayed here many times in different categories and have always had the two queens/daybed configuration. And I have never read about other people having anything different at the YC (unless they booked something other than a regular resort room e.g. a suite)

Thank you. We have been debating on the Boardwalk or Yacht Club, but this information is reassuring, so I think we’ll stick with the Yacht Club.

We always walk it, the walk from BW to HS is a tad shorter since you are already on the proper side of the bridge but not so much to make a difference. It will depend on your group make up and how fast you walk. If my son sets the pace we get there a lot faster then if I do but we almost always beat the boat. The boat has to make at least one stop after leaving YC at Swan/Dolphin so how many need to get on there can also make a difference as to how long it takes.

Sorry to disagree with Babsy, but I don’t think every 2 queen room necessarily has the daybed. Most of them probably do, but I have had 2 queen rooms on the club level floor with no daybed. And even tho it was the club level floor, the rooms are the same as other floors.

You might want to ask on the Yacht & Beach thread for even more feedback.

Sorry to disagree with Babsy, but I don’t think every 2 queen room necessarily has the daybed. Most of them probably do, but I have had 2 queen rooms on the club level floor with no daybed. And even tho it was the club level floor, the rooms are the same as other floors.

You might want to ask on the Yacht & Beach thread for even more feedback.

Thank you. I will check on the Yacht & Beach Club thread. Just out of curiosity, where does the 5th person sleep if a day bed isn’t available?

Thank you. I will check on the Yacht & Beach Club thread. Just out of curiosity, where does the 5th person sleep if a day bed isn’t available?

They do have roll away cots. I would assume the room assigner would try to give parties of 5 a day bed, but just wanted you to know there is a slim possibility of not getting one.

They do have roll away cots. I would assume the room assigner would try to give parties of 5 a day bed, but just wanted you to know there is a slim possibility of not getting one.

Thank you. I was asking because the various room configurations mentioned on the web site were really odd, and I couldn’t picture how 5 would be comfortable with some of the arrangements.

Also, some rooms have King bed. I just had one on the club level.

Thank you. I was asking because the various room configurations mentioned on the web site were really odd, and I couldn’t picture how 5 would be comfortable with some of the arrangements.
The important thing to remember is they will not give a room with 5 guests a the room with no way to sleep a 5th person
They never expect 3 to 1 bed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter