• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yachtsman or Shula's?

Thanks everyone! I tried to get Topolinos but they are booked solid. I’m very in the fence with this. Shulas sounds very good and we don’t have one near us where we live. But I do love the Disney themed restaurants. I guess I will try and get a Yachtsman and then decide as it gets closer. Thanks for the feedback! I always love hearing everyone’s opinions!
[/QUOTE.]

I just made reservations at Yachtsman the other day, changing from Ale and Compass. However, I'm staying at the Swan and Dolphin. Really interesting thread; I've never eaten at Shula's or Yachtsman. I'm keeping Yachtsman since it is more Disney and there are several Shula locations. After reading these though, I will be thinking about it each time I walk by Shula's . . . and wondering . . . . :)

Just got back and ate at Shula's for my daughter's 17th birthday and both service and food were incredible. Top notch. She had the filet mignon and I had chicken - we had mashed potatoes and mac n cheese and crème brulee for dessert. Best meal of our vacation.

Shula's! Todd English's Blue Zoo has always had an excellent filet. DH always eats filet's around the world while at WDW.

So I have eaten at both. I actually have eaten at Shula’s twice. Both times it was a great experience. You don’t feel like your at Disney, and I’m not saying that’s bad. French Onion Soup, and fillet mignon, wonderful. My experience at Yachtman was not so great. French Onion soup was a bit salty. Lobster Thermidor was less lobster, more sauce. The Salmon was sent back, it was not cooked properly. There was a rain storm and ceiling leaked water on us. We were moved but the staff was in no hurry to move us. You also felt like you were in Disney. So I would go to Shula’s I have also eaten at Shula’s in PA it was great there too.

Shulas hands down! Also the service at Yachtsmans was sooooo slow when we were there, food was ok, put our meal took 2 1/2 hours and our kids were little so it was a little much! Shula was just a great experience, very attentive, but not overly so, waiter and the food was delish!

On good nights, Shula’s is fine dining. Yachtsman has suffered from high-volume pressure like the rest of Disney dining.

If you’re considering Shula’s, you might as well take the $7 Uber and do Bull and Bear. It’s very memorable, and some of the best steak you can find in the South.

I think you'll get better food at Shula's, but we usually skip it at Disney, because we can get Shula's at home and a number of other places we visit. i.e. I want something I can't have at home when I'm traveling.

Just back. We stayed at BCV, and ate at Yachtsman (a favorite) on their reopening night! They haven't missed a beat and the staff (many of whom were deployed elsewhere on property) all talked about and displayed enthusiasm for being back. We love the food and for those staying at BCV or YC - very convenient. We did Shula's a few years ago, and thought the food was average - I also prefer the physical space at Yachtsman - much brighter and better table spacing.

We ate at Shula's this past May for the first time and the AC was on full blast with no relief throughout the restaurant which ruined the experience. The food was overhyped for an outdated restaurant with an average and overpriced menu.
Save your money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter