Yak and Yeti??

GrumpyFamilyof5

DIS Veteran
What is up with Yak and Yati?. No matter what day or time I can't seem to snag a ressie anymore. Tried back in Feb, shoot even tried on our Oct trip. Was on first thing this morning for this next trip and nothing... so many other places to choose from, but not Yak?? Are they limiting ressies or is it just that busy? I just find it odd that other places that usually are hard to find ressies have them. Kudos to those lucky enough to get one. Guess I'll be trying my Landry's card in May, though I know that is not a guarantee. :crazy2:

Having the exact experience, and will also be trying the Landry's card in May. Good luck! We got it only for that purpose. No use for it around here. Really hope it works!

The Landry's card has always worked for us, including last week and in December. I don't consider that a gamble at all. It works. We got seated about 10 minutes after we checked in last week. No problem at all.

There does not seem to be distanced seating at Y&Y. The place was packed when we were there.

The Landry's card has always worked for us, including last week and in December. I don't consider that a gamble at all. It works. We got seated about 10 minutes after we checked in last week. No problem at all.

There does not seem to be distanced seating at Y&Y. The place was packed when we were there.
That is good to hear, thanks! I had seen others say that the card didn't really help anymore, so happy to see it does. Taking my son this next trip and it's his favorite so I'm determined to eat there even if there is a little wait:thumbsup2

That is good to hear, thanks! I had seen others say that the card didn't really help anymore, so happy to see it does. Taking my son this next trip and it's his favorite so I'm determined to eat there even if there is a little wait:thumbsup2
We had to wait a bit in December, but that was during a hugely crowded time. And we waited maybe 25 minutes, max. The walk-up wait time was way longer, altho I don't remember the exact time. I do remember a lot of people leaving the walk-up line after being told what the wait would be.

me too, mind boggling....things that make you go hmmmm:scratchin
I was going through all the QS and snack menus at AK and there are quite a few things I didn’t even know existed so I’m kind of ok going that route…I just worry about seating being available. I am convinced Animal Kingdom is at least 10° hotter and more humid than the rest of Disney and my northern blood needs regular doses of a/c. 😂

We also struggled to get a reservation. We had to move our January trip to February, which meant all my dining reservations were lost. I managed to get everthing we wanted except Yak and Yeti. I think part of it is, lack of restaurants at AK that take reservations. We ended up getting a reservation at Rainforest Cafe, which actually was pretty good. (I've read some people really don't like it). Crazy part, the place was practically empty when we walked in at 11:30 on Sat Feb 19. And it was a day without any available park reservations.

What‘s more stressful? Booking ADR’s or Genie+? 😩

I have a landrys card, but I have 7 in my party. I just recently found out it’s meant to max at 6 although I have gotten in with 10 before. But everything seems up in the air and I don’t want to risk it. This trip planning is ridiculous.

If you really want to make sure you have a reservation call them direct. I did just that and that day they were not taking walk ups and I would not rely on the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter