Year-End Round-Up December 2022 Exercise Thread

I have turned Disney Wish Orange, and Elizabeth Smith needs to get some sleep! :-)

March was a busy month for the Disney parks. Here are a few things that happened:

Epcot opened the Flower and Garden Festival on March 2.

Disneyland Paris started its 30th Anniversary celebration on March 6 (though its actual anniversary was in April). In honor of the anniversary, here are 10 fun facts about Disneyland Paris. And here's some information about the awesome nighttime drone show created for the celebration!

On March 9, Disneyland Resort began the year-long closure of Toon Town for a renovation. Disneyland After Dark also presented Villains' Night, for the first time, on March 8 and March 10.

Shanghai Disney acknowledged International Women's Day on March 8, before closing due to COVID-19 from March 21 until June.

Congratulations to livih99 for turning Bob's Out/Bob's Back Blue! And I think I forgot to mention the other day that the TEAM has turned Blue as well.

In honor of Oneanne already reaching MagicBand+ Purple, let's look at MagicBand+.

MagicBand+ was introduced at WDW in July 2022. It is the newest iteration of Disney's MagicBand, which first rolled out in 2013. In addition to being your ticket to the parks, a method of payment, a means of using Lightning Lanes and PhotoPass, and your room ticket for WDW resorts, MagicBand+ adds an interactive element. For example, if you're visiting WDW during the Magic Kingdom 50th, you can trigger sounds from the Fab 50 gold character statues throughout the parks. There also are interactive games, such as the Batuu Bounty Hunter game in Galaxy's Edge. And MagicBand+ lights up and buzzes during nighttime spectaculars.

Unlike it used to do with the original MagicBands, Disney doesn't send these out for free when you make a WDW resort reservation. You'll have to pay at least $25 (with a resort reservation) or $35 (without a resort reservation) or more to obtain this new toy. And you'll have to remember to keep the MagicBand+ charged during your stay.

In October 2022, MagicBand+ was rolled out at DLR. This is the first time Disneyland guests have been able to use a MagicBand of any kind. It's a bit more limited at DLR, though, because you can't use it as a means of payment or a hotel key. But it does act as a park key and means of using LLs and PhotoPass, it does allow you to access experiences like the Batuu Bounty Hunger game (and apparently some experiences at Avengers Campus), and it does interact with the nighttime spectaculars.
I had a Magicband + for my trip and I have to say it was underwhelming. The statues played a bit of music or said a couple words, it would light up at certain places, but that was it. Didn't play any games, maybe that makes it more engaging?

So, my "just a cold" has turned out to be "just covid". In the last four days I've logged a whopping 60 minutes of exercise... I tried yoga one night, not great when you are congested, and did a half hour walk yesterday because I just had to get outside.

645/930... 69%

The congestion is clearing a bit, so I plan on starting back up with yoga tonight and tomorrow is my day when I can stop isolating as long as I'm masked up, so will be getting outside more.

Wow, it seems like EVERYONE is sick with ALL THE STUFF. Everyone take care of yourself and your loved ones!

Here are a few more Disney things that happened in March:

The first public "sailing" of the Galactic Starcruiser started on March 1 (DH and I were there!)

The Food & Wine Festival opened March 4 at Disney California Adventure park.

Epcot welcomed back the Moonlight Magic events for DVC members on March 17 and March 31.

Animal Kingdom park introduced its newest baby rhino, Logan, to her older siblings in the Killimanjaro Safari.

Tokyo Disney Resort's Ambassador Hotel was in the middle of its limited-time Kingdom Hearts room package, which was offered from January to April.

And on March 31, the final WDW hotel (All-Star Sports) was re-opened after pandemic closures.

Last edited:
So, my "just a cold" has turned out to be "just covid". In the last four days I've logged a whopping 60 minutes of exercise... I tried yoga one night, not great when you are congested, and did a half hour walk yesterday because I just had to get outside.
Oh, no! Hope recovery goes quickly!

You can take me off this month. DD has shared her flu germs with me. So I think I have missed too much time to get caught back up.

So sorry to hear that. I hope she and you get back to 100% soon, and we see you in January!

I had a Magicband + for my trip and I have to say it was underwhelming. The statues played a bit of music or said a couple words, it would light up at certain places, but that was it. Didn't play any games, maybe that makes it more engaging?

That's kind of the feeling I got from watching some of the vloggers. My DH is getting one to play the Batuu Bounty Hunter game, so we'll see how that goes on our next visit!

In the last four days I've logged a whopping 60 minutes of exercise...
That's not bad at all considering that you're sick! Sometimes that's all I manage to do, even when I'm well! Hope you feel better soon! You too, @piglet1979

I've 30 minutes to add from the exercise bike tonight. I'm going to take a shower, read some of my advent devotional material, and go to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour tonight!

265/700

Here are a few things that happened in April:

Tokyo Disney Resort began its "Easter" celebration on April 1 (through June 30!). TDR also announced other limited-time events starting on April 1, including special versions of Buzz Lightyear and Splash Mountain.

Also in Tokyo, April 5 saw the opening of the new Toy Story Hotel.

The 30th anniversary of the opening of Disneyland Paris was on April 12.

WDW, Disneyland, and the Disney Cruise Line started phasing back to traditional character greetings on April 18.

Hong Kong Disneyland reopened after a months-long closure on April 21.

Animal Kingdom celebrated Earth Day (April 22) with Earth Week April 18-24.

And Disneyland celebrated the return of nighttime spectaculars on April 22, bringing back the Main Street Electrical Parade (with a new finale float) and the Disneyland Forever Fireworks at Disneyland Park and the World of Color at Disney California Adventure.

Moving on to May:

DLR commemorated Star Wars Day (May 4) with Star Wars Nite on May 3 and 4. On May 27, there was an encore Star Wars Nite to coordinate with Star Wars Celebration 2022, which was held at the Anaheim Convention Center from May 26 to 29.

Memorial Day weekend was busy at DLR, as May 28 saw the return of Fantasmic! and the premiere of a new show at the Fantasyland Theatre, "Tale of the Lion King."

Over on the East Coast, the big news in May was the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at Epcot on May 27.

And over in Hawaii, parents breathed a sigh of relief when Aunty's Beach House at Aulani reopened on May 25.

43 minutes at PT this morning. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to count 2 hours of running volunteer work which was mostly wrapping presents for foster kids, but also running up and down stairs. Stairs are not my favorite. :P

Raya - 141/400

Hi! Sorry I disappeared from the thread for a while. (I was off taking care of a sick family member who is doing better now.)

I'd like to change my goal to 350 and jump back in if that's OK.

I have 50 minutes since my last post.

135/350

Wow, lots of :rainbow: today!

Congratulations to livih99, Raya, PollyannaMom, and the TEAM for turning Disney Wish Orange, and to Elizabeth Smith for turning MagicBand+ Purple!

Instead of a godmother, the Disney Wish has godchildren -- all of the past, present, and future Make-A-Wish recipients. The Disney Parks Blog is doing features on the young Make-A-Wish ambassadors who participated in the ship's christening ceremony in June. Here's the first one, Jenna's story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter