Yep avoid Tuesdays

It was awesome yesterday. Walk on pretty much everything. CM's everywhere to help. Park looks beautiful. Characters were out all over...great interactions with guests. Cruella deserves an academy award. LOL My hamburger at Hungry Bear was the only thumbs down of the day. Getting into the routine of visiting once a week. FUN!

Radiator Springs has a 15-minute posted wait right now in the middle of the afternoon!!! That's unbelievable. I really tried to persuade my daughter to do an early 4-day trip for her birthday from last weekend through today since we have a late start to the school year, but she was insistent on going for a weekend her actual birthday in mid-September. I guess the upside is that we've always wanted to see the Halloween decorations and since we're upgrading to Magic Keys, we'll have more usable days at the tail end of next summer and early fall as well with the later activation date.

Radiator Springs has a 15-minute posted wait right now in the middle of the afternoon!!! That's unbelievable. I really tried to persuade my daughter to do an early 4-day trip for her birthday from last weekend through today since we have a late start to the school year, but she was insistent on going for a weekend her actual birthday in mid-September. I guess the upside is that we've always wanted to see the Halloween decorations and since we're upgrading to Magic Keys, we'll have more usable days at the tail end of next summer and early fall as well with the later activation date.
It’s kind of incredible that Disney is open for the hours that they are with this kind of attendance.

I’m tempted to go over tonight after my kiddo goes to bed and ride all the things.

Alas, I should probably catch up on laundry instead…

I just need things to not close. And my flight not to be cancelled... I'm like 45 days out and so far there are still only four seats booked on one of my flights and six on the other (and I'm one on each obviously)

Also, wouldn't mind if crowd levels stayed low and even better if Disney extended their hotel offer till end of October!

I was there on Tuesday Aug 17th. We went to CA first and rode Everything there including WS by 11:00. At noon we got a Rise Boarding Group. We then went over to Disneyland at park hopping time and got on Space Mountain with a 40 min wait. We found Disneyland to be more crowded but not terrible at all. We got on everything we wanted to before returning to CA for dinner reservation before returning back to DL to do a few more rides before calling it an evening before Fireworks and watched them as we walked back to the hotel. We found Wednesday to be more crowded for us starting at DL.
That sounds like an amazing efficient yet tiring day.

Wait, you can park hop back and forth as long as it’s *after* 1pm?! I don’t think I realized that… thought more it was a pick which park to start, head to the other at 1pm and then you’re there for the rest of the day….

Wait, you can park hop back and forth as long as it’s *after* 1pm?! I don’t think I realized that… thought more it was a pick which park to start, head to the other at 1pm and then you’re there for the rest of the day….
This is correct. When I went back in July I started at DCA, hopped to DL after 1pm, then went back to DCA in the evening to see Dr. Strange show.

Yup. After 1, you can go back and forth as much as you'd like. Last night I entered DL at about 8pm and unexpectedly got a Webslingers BG that got called a little after 9 (I definitely was NOT expecting Webslingers availability!) So I had to hop over there around 9:30 and then hopped back to DL afterward, just after 10pm.

I would like to do WS in the morning then jump to DL in the afternoon for the noon virtual queue for hopefully ROTR but not sure if that’s a pipe dream.

I wonder when crowds return to some type of normal and now with a form of APs back if Mondays will become the busy day to avoid again?

Trying to decide whether to make our Monday or Tuesday a break day and can't seem to make up my mind! We'll be there Thanksgiving week so probably won't matter much either way. Weekends tend to be a popular time for locals during the holidays but don't most passes limit those now?

....My hamburger at Hungry Bear was the only thumbs down of the day.
Have to agree about Hungry Bear burgers, thinking back the last one I had was very greasy and I didn't feel good after. Never have a problem before, not sure what changed.

I'll stay away from them for now!

Was at DCA this AM, probably 8:30 and all of the E tickets were walk on. Definitely more traffic now at 3ish. Seems that the star of the show are the Halloween treats. Guests are definitely in the “spirit” wearing Halloween shirts and ears. And, they are lined up for the Halloween treats!

Was at DCA this AM, probably 8:30 and all of the E tickets were walk on. Definitely more traffic now at 3ish. Seems that the star of the show are the Halloween treats. Guests are definitely in the “spirit” wearing Halloween shirts and ears. And, they are lined up for the Halloween treats!
CA was definitely the park to be in today. We couldn’t believe the amount of people in DL today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter