Yes, another bounceback question

PrincessKellen74

Mouseketeer
I had a thread labled free dining, which sparked some more questions for me.

I go on Sept 14 and I am planning to book free dining bounceback, which from what I have been told is being offered Last week in august to 10/1. I want to book the week of 10/1, BUT i can only book one room, I need 2. My mom will be going to WDW sometime late October. What are the chances she will be offered the same bounceback free dining and same dates. She could book the other room for us. Lastly, when they finally DO release the dates to the public, do they release ALL dates, or just some. B/c if my mom can't get the other room, I am going to have to wait until it's released to the public.

Did I confuse you? Sometime I don't convey what I am thinking well when I type. I hope you all understand and can helo me!

TIA

I'm not an expert on bounceback, but I know the last day of check in for free dining (for non-bouncebacks from last year) is Sept 20. If your mom is getting there after that date, I don't think that she will be eligible for bounceback next year. If Disney does offer free dining to the public, it is usually announced the beginning of April, but there are very limited rooms. I called the first day available to Visa card members in April and couldn't get a room in the All Stars. Only Pop was available. HTH!

I had a thread labled free dining, which sparked some more questions for me.

I go on Sept 14 and I am planning to book free dining bounceback, which from what I have been told is being offered Last week in august to 10/1. I want to book the week of 10/1, BUT i can only book one room, I need 2. My mom will be going to WDW sometime late October. What are the chances she will be offered the same bounceback free dining and same dates. She could book the other room for us. Lastly, when they finally DO release the dates to the public, do they release ALL dates, or just some. B/c if my mom can't get the other room, I am going to have to wait until it's released to the public.

Did I confuse you? Sometime I don't convey what I am thinking well when I type. I hope you all understand and can helo me!

TIA
The free dining bounceback can be booked by anyone staying at a Disney resort until October 24. So if your mom is there on or before October 24 she can book the 2009 free dining bounceback. As for the free dining dates that will be released to the general public in April, they are usually different dates than the bounceback dates (at least they have been in the past).

UGH! she goes oct 27!! I really wish I could book one room in my name and one in dh's name...and then switch his room into her name...but i have a feeling that that is a no no!

I'm going to move this over to our resorts board for you. I think you'll get better answers over there.

If you and your DH will both be in Disney together in September, you can book 2 rooms for bounceback - one of you in each, and your mom can be a guest in one of them.

What you cannot do is change the ressies so that you and DH are officially in the same room and your Mom is alone..

We did this last year for our trip this year at the recommendation of Disney CMs - we are going with BIL/Fiance ...we were also reminded that they dont do bed checks or anything so we dont need to really worry about who is in which room once we check in.

One thing we did to make this a easier was get the same package (deluxe dining and tix) on both rooms so that all KTTK cards were the same making it easier for DH and BIL to switch cards.

If you and your husband are there for bounceback you can book two rooms. The second room can be for your mom the CM just puts your res number on her res to show you were on property

Well here is the issue..DH will most likely not be able to come back down with us next year. There will be 8 of us going (not including DH...) so we need 2 rooms, we will all be getting the same package and we can all afoord to go only with the free dining.

So can DH and I book 2 rooms, if he's not going to return......:confused3

If you and your husband are there for bounceback you can book two rooms. The second room can be for your mom the CM just puts your res number on her res to show you were on property

Does that work if he does not come back next year? And how exactly does that worK?

will they offer the same dates in April? If they don't can I then change my date to fit with the public free dining dates? So we can all go together?

You could book your room during the first portion of Sept. The BB offer usually has a somwhat longer timeframe, at least it did in the past, than the offer in the spring. The first few weeks of Sept. have been included in both offers. Just a thought.

will they offer the same dates in April? If they don't can I then change my date to fit with the public free dining dates? So we can all go together?

In 2007 we were able to book bouneback arriving 9/24/2008 but when they offered to the public the latest check-in was 9/20.

You can always leave your DH on the 2nd reservation until they offer it to the general public and maybe then you can ask a CM if the room can be changed to your mom's name? Can't hurt to ask.

Also, I was told when booking bounceback that DH had to be on our 2nd room as my mom wasn't in FL last year either. So we have one room for him and one for mom and me. BUT, both times I've called to change dates and stuff I was told I didn't need to to this and they could've put my mom on the 2nd room. I guess everyone follows his own rules and all you can do is ask!:goodvibes I will be asking to have my mom in the 2nd room at check-in cause the KTTW card and everything will be soooo confusing with her and DH.

In 2007 we were able to book bouneback arriving 9/24/2008 but when they offered to the public the latest check-in was 9/20.

You can always leave your DH on the 2nd reservation until they offer it to the general public and maybe then you can ask a CM if the room can be changed to your mom's name? Can't hurt to ask.

Also, I was told when booking bounceback that DH had to be on our 2nd room as my mom wasn't in FL last year either. So we have one room for him and one for mom and me. BUT, both times I've called to change dates and stuff I was told I didn't need to to this and they could've put my mom on the 2nd room. I guess everyone follows his own rules and all you can do is ask!:goodvibes I will be asking to have my mom in the 2nd room at check-in cause the KTTW card and everything will be soooo confusing with her and DH.

II hope they can do this...should I ask the people I am booking bounceback through...come to think of it...where do i do this?

THe bounceback date for the last first day of stay this year is at least Sept 27. My daughter booked the bounceback last year for this year and that's her first day of stay. I think the BB has a longer date span. It especially seems so this year since BB can be booked until Oct 24, 2008 for stays through Oct 2009. You are right how some CMs have different rulles, but, as you said the general rule really is that the person who books the room does have to be there even though others can be added.

THe bounceback date for the last first day of stay this year is at least Sept 27. My daughter booked the bounceback last year for this year and that's her first day of stay. I think the BB has a longer date span. It especially seems so this year since BB can be booked until Oct 24, 2008 for stays through Oct 2009. You are right how some CMs have different rulles, but, as you said the general rule really is that the person who books the room does have to be there even though others can be added.

Can I book a room for 8...:rotfl: Maybe a wilderness lodge cabin could fit us all.

I will be brining both my young children....how does that work?

I have read on the boards that you can book 2 rooms, say one with you and a child and the other room for another child. Posters have said this is considered one reservation and requires one deposit. I really haven't done this and may not have it 100% correct, but it seems that it's considered one reservation. You maybe then could add the additional people. Just a thought and like I said I'm not 100% sure since I haven't done this but read it here. It can't hurt to ask. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter