Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus, got a Pin

MICOL

DIS Veteran
Deluxe upgrade this year from Pop Century to Polynesian between Chirstmas and New Years. Almost had a heart attack. Pin from Disney Destinations:dance3:

Oh wow, I'm very happy for you ! I'm hoping to get my own code for August 2010. I'd love a stay at the Poly, or free dining would be nice :lovestruc Have fun in Disney ! :goodvibes

MICOL, congratulations on your pin and upcoming trip :yay: from a fellow Massachusetts resident :goodvibes

Trust me I was shocked, had the choice of Wilderness Lodge and Poly, Poly looked too nice not to try.

I got the same pin. We were staying at Pop 12/28-1/2. We were upgraded to Wilderness Lodge. Otherwise it was the Beach Club. I almost started crying on the phone! What a special treat for my sister and my first trip out there together!!

I was hoping for Poly but I love love love the Lodge and can only imagine how beautiful it is at Christmas time.:dance3:

So did you have existing reservations and WDW offered to let you stay at one of the Deluxe for no cost? That's how is sounds, if so that's really great!!

We booked the POP in June for December and today the pin for the upgrade

It's really a neat thing WDW is doing. I guess they want to fill the deluxe resorts plus upgrade some in the values. I wonder if it's for any other times or just Christmas week. They can resell the values now, probably a lot easier for them to do!! (it almost sounds like what cruise ships do near the sailing date!! Upgrade the inside cabins and resell them!)

Yes, there IS a Santa Claus....and Christmas miracles too!

Back in September I booked our every-other-year trip to WDW for October 2010. A few weeks ago DH & I decided to not take that trip afterall because of the cost. After I cancelled the trip I told myself if we are meant to go to WDW next year it will happen.

Well, before I went to bed Friday night I checked my e-mail and lo and behold there was an e-mail from Disney Destinations with the 30/35/40 PIN code!

I re-booked our October 2010 trip using the 40% off for the Polynesian.

Merry Christmas! :thumbsup2

Deluxe upgrade this year from Pop Century to Polynesian between Chirstmas and New Years. Almost had a heart attack. Pin from Disney Destinations:dance3:

I got the same pin. We were staying at Pop 12/28-1/2. We were upgraded to Wilderness Lodge. Otherwise it was the Beach Club. I almost started crying on the phone! What a special treat for my sister and my first trip out there together!!

I was hoping for Poly but I love love love the Lodge and can only imagine how beautiful it is at Christmas time.:dance3:

Congrats on getting the pin!!! I would have been crying :lmao:

We booked back in December of last year for this year's trip.

I agree, I think it is much easier to book a value resort room than the others, esp during the Holidays.

So, here's a question. I'm imagining you originally booked Pop with a discount code. I know many people don't but if you're on the Dis codes and rates board you probably knew about the fall code at least. So... when they upgraded you to Poly did they upgrade you with no cost beyond what you had commited to or did you have to pay Pop rack rate? If you got Poly for Pop reduced rate double woohoo! :thumbsup2

We had the full POP rate due to Christmas Week, no discounts. So we are paying full POP rate for Poly, still amazing

Congrats on the PIN! I probably would've had a heart attack had I gotten that offer... and certainly couldn't have picked up the phone quick enough to call in for the upgrade. :lmao:

Have a really great trip!

Holy Cow, that is a great pin, I had to read it a few times for it to sink in. Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter