Yet another AAA question

jenjen3574

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but the search isn't working for me, and I couldn't find the answer in the last few pages of threads.

I just booked a RO reservation for WL in late August. I am considering joining AAA in order to get a discount. From what I've read here it sounds like I should get about a 15% discount that way since we are going in Value season. I just called Disney to ask if I could apply a AAA discount to my existing reservation should I join AAA. She said yes, if it was available for my dates. When I asked her to look up my dates (Aug 23 - 31, 2008) she said there wasn't any availability yet?? Does that sound right? I asked if she meant just for WL or any resort for those dates and she said any resort for those dates.

So my question is - is there a specific time frame out from your trip when you are able to book AAA discounts - 6 months maybe? The CM suggested I join AAA first, and then have them quote me a rate. Is that how it is usually done? I was hoping to keep my existing reservation and just apply the discount, and not to use a AAA travel agent. Is that possible since it is RO and not a package (I thought that was how it worked?)

Any advice on how to proceed from here? Do I just call up AAA and ask about discounts on Disney travel? The membership isn't a fortune, but I'd only be getting it for the Disney discount, we have another roadside assistance service through our regular car ins. and I don't want to pay for it only to find out the savings don't pay for the membership or that we can't get a discount for our dates anyway.

It wouldn't hurt to just call AAA and ask. According to the booklet we got from AAA, you are able to get 15% off at WL during value season most nights: 7/20/08-10/1/08.

I'd call again and check with another reservationist. I just called yesterday, and changed a reservation for August in FW and received an AAA discounted rate. It was for a preferred site..not a cabins..but I saved over $13.00 a night. Went from $63.00 to $50.00.

I'd call again if I were you. I made reservations today for August 6-16, 2008 for Pop Century. I got a AAA discount for the first 4 days and then got the 40% Code discount for the other six days. I'm not sure why they would make you wait to get it. My CM seemed to have no problem with the AAA discount. Good Luck:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter