Yet Another Room Location Question OKW

MarylandMommy

Mouseketeer
Hi, ok, I admit it, I'm a newbie. I have been to Disney so many times, but we are planning for our first stay at OKW in November. Yes, I said November (can you tell how excited I am!). I have read through many threads and I must say the users on this forum are the best! Everyone is so willing to share information. I love it!
So, here is my question about OKW. It seems that there are many different opinions about room location. I have two kids ages 7 and 3 (and of course my oldest Disney kid, my husband). My priority is to stay near the main pool in a quiet non-smoking room, without steps. I don't mind staying on the first floor (views don't mean that much to me), however on our last visit the very nice people upstairs sounded like elephants. My husband, being a light sleeper, would rather stay on the top floor, but dragging my 3 year old up and down 3 flights of steps (not to mention going back for the googles or towel we always seem to forget) doesn't sound like my idea of vacation. It sounds like the buildings in the 60's with the elevators would be ideal, but I don't want to be too picky when making requests.
Does anyone have experience staying on the ground floor with other vacationers upstairs? Anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you for your knowledge and time!

You could ask for top floor in one of the 3 buildings with numbers in the 60s. They have elevators, and a re fairly close to the main pool.

Not all units are 3 floor, so if you can handle 1 flight of steps, ask for a 2nd floor-top floor unit near the main pools area.

Have a great trip.
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

We have stayed on the ground floor of bldg. 46 two times and can't remember ever hearing anything from above. OKW, being older, not only are the rooms larger, I would suspect the construction is such that the walls and floors are not paper thin like the newer resorts...smjj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter