Yet another trip report, April 30 - May 7

Deemarch

DIS Veteran
Our first time at BWV, Boardwalk View.

Our flight was fast but a kid in the row in front of us got sick on the landing and we learned about coffee taking any offensive odors out of the air!!

We had a delay with the luggage and waited 25 minutes before it even started to arrive at the carousel. (I have now convinced DH to try Disney's Magical Express or whatever they are calling it!)

Picked up our rental car (Alamo-Quicksilver (?) Just walk to the car an go!)

We arrived at BWV around 5:30pm and of course, we walked right up to the check in counter. Oh, I forgot, we got a "Welcome Home" from the guard house! We got room #3005, 3 doors from "the Attic" on the 3rd floor. We now have gotten to experience the never-ending hallways at Boardwalk! But we did so much walking that we hardly even noticed. The room was a bit worn looking and we had no coffee table in our studio. When I called to ask about getting one, they told me that it was a fire hazard? We had one in SSR in December...Go figure.

I haven't added it all up yet but probably saved the $50 spent on DDE card. A few of the places we ate in, some of them for the first time:
1. Nine Dragons (1st time) China - even though it gets bad reviews, we loved it!
2. Sci-Fi Drive In (1st time) cute and Reuben sandwich was very good.
3. Liberty Tree Tavern - one of our favorites.
4. Cape May Cafe - breakfast (1st time) & dinner - again one of our favorites.
5. Sushi in Japan - We never come without a visit here for dinner.
6. Prime Time Cafe (1st time) - fun -fried chicken & pot roast was good.
7. Outside venue in Mexico - we waited 45 minutes but the food was good, as was the beer.

Overall, we found that we needed a PS for all resturants after all. So we tried to make a decision about dinner the day before to get a PS. We really thought that it would be no problem to get a PS the same day at this time of the year, but I guess since they were having the 50th Celebration it was much more crowded.

We found that Animal Kingdom was WAY TOO CROWDED on Friday and there were lots of buses of school kids there.

We enjoyed the Boardwalk Resort very much. When I got up in the morning, I would open the door on the balcony to listen to the music. OH, by the way, I think they finally have finished the rooms that used to be the sales office for DVC. They completed the concrete and planted all of the trees and flowers while we were there. It looks as if there will be an entrance of some sort there...Does anyone know?

We used the Magical Express to send our luggage to the airport so we didn't have to check in, just went to the gate. That was nice. We are going to try to send our luggage from our home airport in October so we don't have to wait to pick it up. DH is nervous about that! Has anyone done it?

We tried another behind the scenes tour, the steamtrains. It was worth getting up at 5:30am! We parked at the Contemporary and ran over, we were 10 minutes late but the conductor waited another 15 minutes. It was so interesting. Next trip we're going to try the Segue tour!

Well we are home...Counting the days till we go back.

I can't wait until my children are old enough to do some of the tours!!!

Sounds like you had a great time. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter