Yet another waitlist question..... sorry!

tink2020

Suddenly Tagless!
I have given up entirely on the search function as it stands now, so I'm going to just have to ask for some help :blush:

My first trip home is coming up shortly, and we are going to SSR. We loved it there when we visited and are excited about going back, so this thread isn't about that :teeth:

In the future though, we'd like to try out the other resorts while it's still feasible. As it stands, we have another trip planned in May 2007. I am under the impression that a day-by-day waitlist with automatic... whatever you call it is the best way to go if I want something specific, right?

Well what if I don't really mind where I get. It seems to me that I would have to pick one place on Day 1 if that's the route I went (as opposed to getting switched to multiple resorts in the same trip). I don't mind doing that, but then there's the other school of thought.

Since I'm flexible on the resort, and will take a studio anywhere on property, should I just wait until the whole trip is available and see what pops up? Then I would possibly have a few to choose from and could make my decision then. This sounds ideal to me, since I could choose the "wrong" one and not have my list come through. For example, if I decided on BWV (for the sake of argument) and chose day by day, I might not get it. But there could be plenty of openings at BCV "if I had only chosen that one" to wait on.

But there's also the possibility that if I wait the 9 days or whatever, I get nothing. :confused3

What would you do? Decide on one and do it day by day, or wait until the end and see if there are multiple resorts to choose from?

Or is there another option I'm missing? Am I making this entirely more complicated than it needs to be? If only I were just picky! :rotfl:

Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Unless I was trying for a holiday week, I'd wait and try for the whole thing at once.

FWIW, I don't think you are going to use the waitlist for a May trip if you call at 7 months. I assume you aren't trying for a SV or guaranteed BW view at the BWV, or a non home resort Grand Villa or Beach Cottage.

If I had to waitlist and didn't really care which resort, I'd waitlist for the whole thing at all the resorts and just take the one that came up first.

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
FWIW, I don't think you are going to use the waitlist for a May trip if you call at 7 months. I assume you aren't trying for a SV or guaranteed BW view at the BWV, or a non home resort Grand Villa or Beach Cottage.

If I had to waitlist and didn't really care which resort, I'd waitlist for the whole thing at all the resorts and just take the one that came up first.

Best wishes -

So I can do that? On the last day of my trip (or the last day, 7 months out... you know what I mean) I can put the whole thing on more than one resort waitlist (if even necessary)? If I did that, it seems SOMETHING would come through. I thought I could just do one waitlist.

Thanks both of you, for your input!

For our November trip, I waitlisted 3 resorts for the last two nights, and I'm still waitlisting a dedicated 2 bedroom for the entire stay. I love being able to waitlist multiple resorts and kinds of rooms. It increases the odds of something clearing. Good luck!

What we're doing for our May trip is call up MS a day or so before and ask them what availability looks like. If it's wide open for our dates, we'll wait to the end and book it all at once. If it looks like it's pretty booked, we'll call day by day. As it stands, we currently have reservations for May at VWL, so if we don't get what we want, we'll just stay there, no biggie.

But I don't forsee any problems with when we're going - it's not high DVC season (my FIL got 2 BW Standard rooms at 7 months for May last year).

This is going to sound nuts but I think it'll make the point of what type of options there are. The BEST chance of success at 7 months out is to book or wait list EVERYTHING you are considering day by day. Say you want a 2 BR at BCV/BWV/VWL. You call 7 months out and day by day and book all 3 then the next day you add a day to all 3. As you get into the the days, you eventually have to decide which one to take. But if you have enough points, you could keep them all until you book the last day and have your entire reservation set. The same approach works for different size units as well and in some cases you may want to hold both sizes until you know what you'll need. Of course with different types of 2 BR, they are the most complicated to do this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter