Yet more digital card questions

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I am slowly getting this digital magic mobile card/ wallet thing set up. We are direct members. But where is the special Y on the card in the wallet thing. I thought I saw somewhere on here it’s on the back of the card. So another question is how do I see the back of the card Between having to make a reservation to go to a park. Mobile order food. And now this. It sure is a lot of work just to go on a vacation. Which is one of the reasons why we cancel our trip for this Jan. Just to much work I needed this year to figure out my way around this.

I go into Apple Wallet, select my membership card, tap the three dots in the circle on the upper right section of the screen. That opens the card details and under affliliation it says DVC Y, ANNUAL.

That's how I see it and that's what I show for discounts at shops etc.

Thanks for the reply. I now at least see where it says affiliation all my days is DVC. There is no Y or N. Any idea how what hops I need to do to get the magical Y. There’s a spot that says passcode if I hit Thst a QR comes up is that what we use for discounts etc. it also shows both our cards under my wallet. Sorry for all the questions but this whole deal is so frustrating. What’s the big deal about showing a little blue card. So much easier then going through all of this nonsense.

Thanks for the reply. I now at least see where it says affiliation all my days is DVC. There is no Y or N. Any idea how what hops I need to do to get the magical Y. There’s a spot that says passcode if I hit Thst a QR comes up is that what we use for discounts etc. it also shows both our cards under my wallet. Sorry for all the questions but this whole deal is so frustrating. What’s the big deal about showing a little blue card. So much easier then going through all of this nonsense.

A way to fix this is to go into your MDE account. Remove your phone number…add it back in to update your account

Then, delete the pass in Apple Wallet, and add it back in after you have re added the phone.

For whatever reason it updates DVC to the DVC Y.

Am I correct that if you don't use Apple wallet, you won't get DVC Y? If so, we're in trouble! I have no idea what Apple Wallet even is. When we were at WDW a couple months ago, we were able to download a picture of our DVC card from our MDE account to our photos. That worked for all our discounts (they just checked for the current dates). But if CMs now need to see it in Apple Wallet with a Y on it, we're in trouble!

Am I correct that if you don't use Apple wallet, you won't get DVC Y? If so, we're in trouble! I have no idea what Apple Wallet even is. When we were at WDW a couple months ago, we were able to download a picture of our DVC card from our MDE account to our photos. That worked for all our discounts (they just checked for the current dates). But if CMs now need to see it in Apple Wallet with a Y on it, we're in trouble!
You might still be able to do that...I'm not sure. I had planned to do that as well and then just decided to setup Apple Wallet to make it easier (I hadn't setup Apple Wallet before). Check the DVC site to see if they still allow the temp card to be downloaded. I'm sure it says there if that's an option. Would be good if they gave the option (which I'm thinking they would, but you never know).

Is it an iPhone or Android? Because if it's Android, you use Google pay, not Apple wallet.

Edit: forgot to quote. My question and comment was for @Simba's Mom

As time goes on and more CMs are trained and they know all the original glitches have been fixed, I think using the digital card from the website won’t be enough.

I think they are still in the mode of being accepting. But, I have had times where only the DVC Y would work…and I have been 4 times since January. So it is still hit or miss.

At the start, they said the temporary card with date will go away so if that does come true, then there won’t even be that.

Am I correct that if you don't use Apple wallet, you won't get DVC Y? If so, we're in trouble! I have no idea what Apple Wallet even is. When we were at WDW a couple months ago, we were able to download a picture of our DVC card from our MDE account to our photos. That worked for all our discounts (they just checked for the current dates). But if CMs now need to see it in Apple Wallet with a Y on it, we're in trou
I have an android and use google pay to have my card show up.It took me 3 months and a conversation with IT to actually "get it". I would give them a call they are very patient.

I don’t really use my Apple wallet, but I had no trouble adding my digital dvc card. I did have to do the delete phone from my profile and re-add it, but never had a problem doing it for myself and my husband and we both have the dvc-Y.. However, my daughter did hers and to this day, still can’t find it. It didn’t drop into her wallet, and she uses her wallet for all types of tickets and boarding pass. But can’t figure it out.

Wow, thanks for the info. Afraid I might need DVC IT walk me through the wallet thing

Now-What-the-Hey Dept.

DH just shared the digital card with me, shows up in my Apple Wallet. I can click on the 3-dot circle to pull up Magic Mobile but have no Affiliations line.

As has been said on these boards and confirmed by MS, I have to have my own MDE account to be able to use the digital card for benefits. We are blue card members, so that's not an issue.

I tried to create a MDE account for myself, but it says nothing doing:
"It looks like that email has already been used to create an account at Disney, ESPN, Marvel, or ABC. If this is your email address, just sign in to your account."

Peachy, because yes, it is my email address, but there's no account anywhere for me to sign into with that email address unless it's picking up that my email addy is on record with DVC.

Now what do I do?

ETA: Nvm, found the support team's email button and got a confirmation they've received my question. Hoping they tell me how to get around this.

Last edited:
Now-What-the-Hey Dept.

DH just shared the digital card with me, shows up in my Apple Wallet. I can click on the 3-dot circle to pull up Magic Mobile but have no Affiliations line.

As has been said on these boards and confirmed by MS, I have to have my own MDE account to be able to use the digital card for benefits. We are blue card members, so that's not an issue.

I tried to create a MDE account for myself, but it says nothing doing:
"It looks like that email has already been used to create an account at Disney, ESPN, Marvel, or ABC. If this is your email address, just sign in to your account."

Peachy, because yes, it is my email address, but there's no account anywhere for me to sign into with that email address unless it's picking up that my email addy is on record with DVC.

Now what do I do?

ETA: Nvm, found the support team's email button and got a confirmation they've received my question. Hoping they tell me how to get around this.
The message means exactly what it says: You previously used your email address to create an account on a Disney, ESPN, Marvel or similar website. It literally might have been 20 years ago, but the account still exists. All you need to do is log-in with that existing account. If you don’t know the password anymore, click the link to reset the password.

Once logged in, there’s a chance your DVC membership will not be linked to the account. If not, contact member services and they’ll help address that issue. It’s a one-time step.

Which is difficult to do when you have no idea what they think the existing account is.

Support team got right back to me, opening up our Disney+ account. Didn't occur to me that my email was linked to it since DH set up that. Yeah, he told me that something like 3 years ago, as if I'm going to remember that now...

I was able to go in through the associated links and get a MDE account created.

Got MagicMobile and my new digital membership card with DVC Y so am all set.

ETA: If anyone else gets an alert that the email address you're trying to use to create your own MDE account is associated with an existing account, click on the FAQ referring to already having an existing account. That will get you to a screen where you enter name and birth date so that Disney Support can locate the email address and account associated with your name and birthdate.

They got back to me speedily. I was amazed.

Last edited:
A way to fix this is to go into your MDE account. Remove your phone number…add it back in to update your account

Then, delete the pass in Apple Wallet, and add it back in after you have re added the phone.

For whatever reason it updates DVC to the DVC Y.
Thank you! I followed these steps and it worked - I now have the “Y”!

Full disclosure - this thread was the first I'm hearing about having to set up the MagicMobile thing. :oops: I opened the app and found it, and then went to Google Wallet (Android). In Google Wallet I saw the Walt Disney World icon at the bottom and clicked on Details. Under Affiliations, it shows "DVC Y". Does that mean I'm all set?

Full disclosure - this thread was the first I'm hearing about having to set up the MagicMobile thing. :oops: I opened the app and found it, and then went to Google Wallet (Android). In Google Wallet I saw the Walt Disney World icon at the bottom and clicked on Details. Under Affiliations, it shows "DVC Y". Does that mean I'm all set?

Sure does!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter