Yikes !!! Info Overload !!

etemplet

Mouseketeer
Wow :scared1: So many options, so much information, totally overwhelmed. That is good, because I spend allot of time researching and calculating and researching. I'm glad I found this place.

Now I've included in my consideration renting as opposed to DVC ownership. One thing for sure, I'll buy someone else's Property Ownership if we go that way....which seems most likely. My wife and I are doing allot of discussing...Maximum Fun !! Kids are grown...me and her...her and me. LOL

We're still trying to figure out the options. We like the Bay Lake Tower and the BoardWalk. Just two of us and we like the One Bed Room units.

Cheers,
Gene

Good luck in whatever you decide! You've come to the right place for info - lots of it here!

Try renting a reservation and spending some time during your trip touring resorts so that you can decide if and where you want to buy. Good luck on your decision. It must be overwhelming to sort out all the facts and opinions. We bought with NO research at all, didn't even understand the DVC system, and just got lucky to have the perfect resort and use year for us.

Home resort is only important if you can plan your vacation 7-11 months in advance. If you are unable to plan far in advance, you should look at buying the least expensive resale, such as OKW or SSR.

If you know that you always will travel at a specific time of the year (e.g. F&W at Epcot), then you should get a UY within a few months before that time of the year. This makes canceling a reservation less of problem, since you won't be in the last 4 months of your UY (banking occurs 4 months before the end of the UY).

You should look at the points charts closely to see what a 1BR will cost you during the times of years your most likely to travel and make sure you buy enough points to cover that. BLT will take substantially more points than other resorts at any given time of the year.

You can learn a lot about DVC on these boards. There are many insider tips to learn about. If you have the ability to visit the various resorts before you buy in, you will have a much better idea about what is best for you.

Have fun researching the topic!!:thumbsup2

You should look at the points charts closely to see what a 1BR will cost you during the times of years your most likely to travel and make sure you buy enough points to cover that. BLT will take substantially more points than other resorts at any given time of the year.

You can learn a lot about DVC on these boards. There are many insider tips to learn about. If you have the ability to visit the various resorts before you buy in, you will have a much better idea about what is best for you.

Have fun researching the topic!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the comments !!

We visited the BLT and the Board Walk. Like the both but it looks like there are more activities at the Board Walk and it's very close to 2 Parks. However, I really like the convenience of the BLT. Less walking is good for me. We've stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside the last two years. I kept getting lost there this year. Been ridin the buses everywhere and didn't think it was a problem. It would be nice not to have to do that for everything.

Off season is good for us.

Cheers,
Gene

As others have said, you've come to a good place to get opinions and facts about DVC.

One of the facts is that DVC isn't a good fit for everyone. But for those people for whom it makes sense, it can be a great purchase.

Keep asking questions, and good luck in your research! :)

We visited the BLT and the Board Walk. Like the both but it looks like there are more activities at the Board Walk and it's very close to 2 Parks. However, I really like the convenience of the BLT.

keep in mind also that BWV would be much cheaper through resale AND that BWV will expire in 2042 (compared to BLT expiring in 2060 - depends on your age whether that is an issue.)

both are good options but definitely plan to book as early as possible to take advantage of your home resort window.

Off season is good for us.

there's not as much of an off-season with DVC. and some "offseason" times for the parks tend to book up much earlier with DVC due to lower point costs per night during those periods.

so if you assume you can get, say, early december on short notice since it's off-season-ish, that would be a mistake.

The pool sure looks boring at the BLT. Am I missing something ?? Now I'm wondering of the only reason for BLT is location and convenience. Not a bad reason but we want to be close to the fun also.

I'm now looking at the BCV because of the pool and.. we can walk to the Board Walk from there. I read that the BWV is more quiet. I guess they really don't have a bad resort.

Need to take a trip to visit. Fact finding mission so to speak. Good excuse anyway.

Cheers and thanks for the input !! :thumbsup2
Gene

You have mentioned a few times, that one of the main considerations for BLT for you is convenience. True it is convenient to the MK
But BCV and BWV are within easy walking distance to Both Epcot and DHS. We love our BCV. We love how close we are to our favorite park, Epcot. We often walk to DHS too, depending on my mood. Some days we take the boat over, some we walk. It is great.
BCV is, IMO, quieter than BWV. But there is no "action" at night there and there really are no special room views either.
Either would be a good choice.
Enjoy your research

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter