Yikes - trip change!

Crystal_27

DIS Veteran
Sooooo, we were all set to stay with our friends in a 2 bedroom at BLT using our points in September (9/25) for one night before our cruise. Well, the husband of our friend just got laid off :guilty: so now they are going to have to cancel their cruise. :sad1::guilty::sad2: As heartbroken as I am for them, the fact remains that now I have a reservation for a 2 bedroom at BLT for me, my DH, and my DD (5). What do you think my chances are of getting a studio at BLT or anywhere this late in the game? Should I waitlist at BLT and just try and book somewhere else in the meantime? What do you guys think?? I'm going to call MS when they open to see what my options are, but any thoughts/suggestions are welcomed. Thank you! :flower3:

You won't know until you call. Needing only one night will work in your favor. Good luck. :goodvibes

I would cancel the 2 bdrm, book a studio anywhere and wl for BLT. Even though this is short notice, late September is not that busy. Maybe you'll be lucky!
pixiedust: for a good outcome!

Sorry for your friend's situation and the disruption of your plans.

I'm sorry :(. I would cancel the 2 BR. My guess is that you will be able to get a studio at SSR or OKW. You can always put yourself on the waitlist. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I called MS this morning and was able to get a studio at OKW and also waitlisted us for both a standard and lake view at BLT. Hopefully our waitlist will come through, but if it doesn't, it will be cool to stay at OKW for a night. :banana:

I'm truly sick about our friends' situation -- we've had this cruise booked since February, 2008 and I know that they are heartbroken about cancelling. :sad1:

Crystal: Glad things worked out on your room. Sorry about your friend's situation.

Had you not been able to get a studio, I would have suggested a cash reservation at a Value or Moderate. Another option would have been to use hotwire and find something off site for the one night. We got a hotwire room near the Orlando airport the night before a Vero stay.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I called MS this morning and was able to get a studio at OKW and also waitlisted us for both a standard and lake view at BLT. Hopefully our waitlist will come through, but if it doesn't, it will be cool to stay at OKW for a night.
You made the right choice, I'm glad something was available for you. It also seems your two WL choices were perfect for you, I the WL comes through as I know you'll be disappointed if you can't stay at BLT even though OKW is a great resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter