Yippee! We got AKV Concierge for July 2009!

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
My hubby called MS this morning to inquire about Concierge days available for next July. I am a teacher, so we can travel the entire summer, and can work availability pretty well seeing that we are flexible for summer dates. We were stunned that all 5 nights Concierge Studio were available for July on our first call! We were wondering if it's because more people are staying at Kidani as it's just opening, and so Concierge availability for next year anyway, may not be as popular?

This is very exciting! We have already discussed how our dining options will be changing - we normally eat 2-3 TS meals per day and we've done OOP, DVC & AP discounts, Reg. Dining Plan, Deluxe DP and DDE. We just did Deluxe Dining Plan for 12 nights in May (we had Concierge for other 3 nights), but now with Concierge (breakfast will be totally covered), we are looking at other options in order to supplement the Concierge offerings like utilizing DVC & AP discounts for OOP meals, as well as being less picky about counter/quick service as we found that Mara had a lovely selection of sandwiches, roasted chicken, salads and fruits. The CM did say that they are waiting patiently for DVC Dining Plan info as well - we are hoping to do Deluxe Plan for 2nd half of this trip (hoping for 5 nights @ BCV).

Now only 1 more year to wait. Here's hoping we get our BCV ressie at 7 months for next July as well!

Happy vacation planning to all, Tiger :)

We were wondering if it's because more people are staying at Kidani as it's just opening, and so Concierge availability for next year anyway, may not be as popular?

Congrats! I hope that you are right about the availability next year because of Kidani opening. We are going to try and get Concierge for our trip in August.:yay: Robert

Calling Monday the 25th to book our concierge trip for July 25-August 2nd 09! Hope we can get it, or at least most of it!

Calling Monday the 25th to book our concierge trip for July 25-August 2nd 09! Hope we can get it, or at least most of it!

Best of luck! :wizard: These were going to be our exact dates as well, but we switched them around due to family events next year.

Tiger :)

Congrats!! Dh and I are booked July 12 - 15 (for my b-day) studio concierge as well. Good luck on your BCV ressie!! :)

rstackjd, and Robert, good luck to both of you as well!! :)

Sorry I forgot to wish you luck earlier on securing Concierge ressies for August!:wizard:

Happy planning,Tiger :)

Sorry I forgot to wish you luck earlier on securing Concierge ressies for August!:wizard:

Happy planning,Tiger :)

Actually - I think you did! :thumbsup2 Thanks - I'll be glad to get this one booked. Anniversary trip so we want to live it up! :yay:

Now wait a minute! This can't be!

We were assured on the thread about the new reservation policy that NO ONE would ever be able to get AKV Concierge again due to the new reservations system. How in the world were you able to accomplish such a Herculean task???? ;)

We were assured on the thread about the new reservation policy that NO ONE would ever be able to get AKV Concierge again due to the new reservations system. How in the world were you able to accomplish such a Herculean task???? ;)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: All the drama I read over the new booking policy..I knew it was going to work out!!!

I know. I was very upset about that, but it was very easy. Just one call. Now, July 4th is a whopping 69 points for a 1-bedroom (Sat night). I called on Aug 4, 2008. I thought if I booked that high point night, I could get the rest of the week. It worked!! I may cancel the 7/4 if we can get a studio at BCV for 3 nights (7/2 - 7/5). That will be just 9 points more (for three nights). We will see what happens.

DH and I spent 3 nights in AKV Concierge this July. We had a super time and extend our congrats to all of you who have booked it for next summer (or are hoping to). We did both Sunset and Sunrise Safaris and were very glad we indulged in them.

i called this morning and book July 19 (sun) through the 24th (friday) and was happy that I was able to get a studio concierge....so happy...i asked if it was bc everyone was booking at Kidani...the CM said not nearly as many people have called for Kidani Ressies as they had expected or planned...anyway congrats again and see you around...some time next year...:goodvibes

I got Animal Kingdom Concierge July 2 -6. Now I have to wait until the 7 month window to book the rest of my vacation. I am so excited to have gotten concierge! Now hopefully I will get what I want for the last 5 nights. My Brother and SIL also go concierge for the same dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter